Gran Turismo Sport Update v1.61 Arrives

No tyre branding anywhere else but Sport Mode. 👎 PDLogic ™
IMG_20200716_222130.jpg

You'll have to change your body stickers to match.
IMG_20200716_222135.jpg

Can you actually look at the diff of the M6 and say “that’s how it should be”? Like seriously mate, the stock tune works for some cars far better than others especially in Group 3. The tunes themselves as Gr.3 tunes are trash, and as such they are terrible to drive in comparison to even just a base Gr.3 tune with actual rake and front downforce. And the fact that you write off tuning as “oh it’s unrealistic because of this one example from the Nations T16” is quite insulting. I wouldn’t have a problem with fixed setups if the setups weren’t terrible, with some cars outright needing a rework in how their tunes are.

To comment on your 99% vs 1% comment: tuning your car is part of being a racing driver itself, knowing how to adjust the car and what adjustments need to be made to suit the circuit and conditions. Nothing is stopping these 99%ers from learning how to tune.

I’ll always be pro-tuning, but you can’t expect everyone to feel that way. It’s unrealistic. There should always be some semblance of player-friendly accessibility, otherwise you’ll alienate your base. What I would like, however, is for PD to put more time into “tailor-made” setups to ensure that each car gets the attention to detail that it deserves. I don’t expect that in GTS, but perhaps we’ll see more of it in GT7. Also, PD should consider adding a separate Sport Mode race that allows tuning. While tuners appear to be the minority in this game, it’s definitely not the 99% vs. 1% gulf that some people have suggested.

This "rl racing drivers tune so u shud learn to tune 2!!!!" meme is dumb and needs to go away. Sure, real racing drivers give input to the setup of their car, but in top series (like we emulate in GTS) they have teams of engineers with the expertise to take that input and make the adjustments. This is a video game and there isn't nearly so much on the line for the majority of players, as there is for top flight racing drivers in real life.
I will bring peter bonnington for one week so he can tune my car in gt sport:lol:

I might be the only person who is not a huge fan of cutting the slipstream down to 0.8 seconds.

Hear me out:

At a lot of tracks the car in front is already more than 0.8 seconds in front by turn 1. So with BoP the way it is, you will see a lot of races where the leader will waltz away untouched. No one wants that, least of all the people who tune in to GT race broadcasts to watch a race... not a procession.

Slipstream qualifying was awful and slipstream just needs to be removed there altogether.

At the moment in qualifying, if you time your lap well, you can still gain a massive chunk of time from being in a slipstream for part of a lap... which doesn't solve the most complained about problem.

Last edited:
It seems that they have fixed the Daily reward (Marathon) car bug.

I started playing again at the end of May (having not played since close to launch, on the same save).
I played 45 or so days with no reward cars.
I've just sat through 10 days worth (since daily reward gives you the date) of car roulette.
I'm pretty happy as I don't have that many cars, but this is going to take a while.

This was posted in January, some people might well be waiting a LONG time before playing as it seems you can't skip the reward...
https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-players-hit-by-daily-workout-gift-bug/

Yep the slipstream is now back to 8 tenths but it has also gone back to the strength of version 1.56 from what i can tell. You can see the difference in strength between 1.56 and what it was until this update in this video of mine

Think they were right to go back to 8 tenths but should have kept the strength at the 1.57 version

are you sure is stronger now in close range ?

My only complaint about the new slipstream is that it makes the FF cars even stronger. If you are in a slower car you're going to lose the slipstream even quicker, and fall back even faster. FF cars are just going to drive off into the distance now.

Overall though I think the new slipstream will make qualifying better (although still with issues) and races will become more spread out. If you are genuinely faster than the car behind you'll actually be able to pull away from them rather than just pull them along with you. Races will be decided on pace and consistency rather than hanging on to a faster drivers slipstream and going for ill advised dives up the inside.

I have to sigh at the penalty "adjustments". It's clear that the system is incapable of assigning blame correctly so they should just stop trying. When there's contact penalise both cars and be done with it. People would soon learn.

My only complaint about the new slipstream is that it makes the FF cars even stronger. If you are in a slower car you're going to lose the slipstream even quicker, and fall back even faster. FF cars are just going to drive off into the distance now.

Overall though I think the new slipstream will make qualifying better (although still with issues) and races will become more spread out. If you are genuinely faster than the car behind you'll actually be able to pull away from them rather than just pull them along with you. Races will be decided on pace and consistency rather than hanging on to a faster drivers slipstream and going for ill advised dives up the inside.

I have to sigh at the penalty "adjustments". It's clear that the system is incapable of assigning blame correctly so they should just stop trying. When there's contact penalise both cars and be done with it. People would soon learn.
Conversely the increased strength within the 0.8s margin might make it possible to actually overtake or at least catch an FF car on the straight if you are close. Previously even if you had a slip and the FF didn't it was impossible to even gain on them no matter how close you were.

That's not to say that Gr.4 FF isn't still horrifically broken and I really wish this update had included a BoP adjustment as well.

The official release notes say that this will affect how the system regards light contacts and collisions, rather than more major impacts and off-track excursions, though it doesn’t say how.

This just highlights PD's attitude towards the community. Any developer worth their salt would actually detail what the change was and how the contact algorithm had been changed during racing, so that folks know, instead of having to run races and try and work it out.

I think that is why they love their various other updates and changes have been applied

Don't know why they don't just put that in the release notes, that various changes have been made and let everyone try and work out what they are, as I often wonder if PD know what they are actually changing at times.

An "Update" just like I figured. PD Nothing Burger, millions trolled.

I mean nothing worthy. Bug fixes that aren't. Pit glitch? Still glitches.
Hit a wall after going off track? 1.5sec penalty
Server disconnect? DR loss

An "Update" just like I figured. PD Nothing Burger, millions trolled.

I mean nothing worthy. Bug fixes that aren't. Pit glitch? Still glitches.
Hit a wall after going off track? 1.5sec penalty
Server disconnect? DR loss

Trolled .... I don't feel so. At least I'm feeling bored with Gran Turismo Sport !

But not anymore !! I now can change my tires' stickers on my 1200+ liveries and being busy for the coming month ! :banghead:

:lol::lol:

Trolled probably isn't the right word. I dont either. But, like is common with PD. Clarity is not a bullet point. Almost never do the state what the actual problem is or what the fix is.

I might be the only person who is not a huge fan of cutting the slipstream down to 0.8 seconds.

Hear me out:

At a lot of tracks the car in front is already more than 0.8 seconds in front by turn 1. So with BoP the way it is, you will see a lot of races where the leader will waltz away untouched. No one wants that, least of all the people who tune in to GT race broadcasts to watch a race... not a procession.
I mean that's just a problem with the rolling start distance between cars being hilariously exaggerated. Real life GT races have side by side starts with cars no more than a car's length apart nose to tail.

My thoughts on no BoP changes can be summed up in this clip:

The girl on the left is FF cars, the girl in the center is PD blessing FF for the rest of the season, and the girl on the right is me realising that the Alfa Gr.4 is going to be continue being dead for the rest of the season.

Great. Just great.

I've never thought I'd see a Love Live clip here, but great analogy.
And poor 4C, I really like how it drives and it's quite sad its state when BoPped

Not sure why some of you feel "trolled". Just because we didn't get a car or track doesn't mean we didn't get an update. Sometimes we get big updates and sometimes we small updates. The fact that there was little to no fan fair over it should've told you not to expect much so that falls on you for assuming anything.

Not sure why some of you feel "trolled". Just because we didn't get a car or track doesn't mean we didn't get an update. Sometimes we get big updates and sometimes we small updates. The fact that there was little to no fan fair over it should've told you not to expect much so that falls on you for assuming anything.

Well, again. This is a patch actually. They're "trying" to adjust and fix things they've tried to before, and failed. The only update is the branding in livery editor. People still play GTS and still expect fixes for things that have been a problem for years. So, trolled is not that inaccurate a word. I'm very bored with PD's attempts at "updates", I expect no new content, the game has enough IMO, but the joke of a penalty system and lobby "pit Glitch" is laughable.

Well, again. This is a patch actually. They're "trying" to adjust and fix things they've tried to before, and failed. The only update is the branding in livery editor. People still play GTS and still expect fixes for things that have been a problem for years. So, trolled is not that inaccurate a word. I'm very bored with PD's attempts at "updates", I expect no new content, the game has enough IMO, but the joke of a penalty system and lobby "pit Glitch" is laughable.

I am well aware that people still play GTS ( I am one of those people after all) and I too would like some things fixed. However, To troll would imply that they intentionally leave stuff broken just to upset you when what it actually is PD being as usual all over the place and inconsistent with their priorities (Something that has been their biggest flaw for the longest time even before GTS) so no, "troll" is not at all an inaccurate word. Just a word chosen by people who didn't get what they wanted when they wanted it despite never being promised such things.

I am well aware that people still play GTS ( I am one of those people after all) and I too would like some things fixed. However, To troll would imply that they intentionally leave stuff broken just to upset you when what it actually is PD being as usual all over the place and inconsistent with their priorities (Something that has been their biggest flaw for the longest time even before GTS) so no, "troll" is not at all an inaccurate word. Just a word chosen by people who didn't get what they wanted when they wanted it despite never being promised such things.

I used the word, only in jest. But, I also expected nothing new. I hoped for real fixes. I/we got neither.

Bring back Charlie Whiting plz

It is, I don't mean wrecking people out the race kind of contact but you brush against people in the corners and push them on the straights, if the victim loses no time there is no need to punish the offender in most cases.

I will not risk it and just stay out of your way during our endurance races.

Latest Posts

Back