Gran Turismo Sport v1.23 Now Available: New Circuit de Sainte-Croix, Mercedes F1 Car and More

I actually like the way the new era of F1 sounds...and I also like the way the old F1's sound. You can actually like both SURPRISE!!!. Also idk if your ears are working properly but if you listen to F1....and listen to the one in the game you'd notice one of those is not like other :)
I'm still at work, haven't had time to fire up the new update. But I have low expectations from current turbo F1 car sounds, and GT Sport car sounds in general. I've long since accepted that engines that "sing" will soon be a bygone era. Hell, I even decided to drive a diesel sedan in real life, just for the torque and mileage. I just had to get over the terrible engine note (I came from 6-cylinder BMWs and a WRX). Still hating it...but I made my choice...

Very disappointed about the fact the F1 car isn't available in the livery editor... that really ****ing sucks

Yes, worst possible news. It would have been so much better if there was an issue with Mercedes for PD to put out a generic 2017 F1 car and then allow livery editor.

It is going to be a very boring F1 2017 race with 20 Mercs all lined up. I think players should do that in protest and not use the flat paint colour version.

CJ

yas
Can't expect a good sound from such an engine. They are trying to make them sound better artificially, but there only so much you can do.
Ahh...I remember the first time I saw a V10 F1 car scream past me. Everyone was wearing earplugs. I was cupping my ears to intensify the sound. What a glorious noise....

I'm still at work, haven't had time to fire up the new update. But I have low expectations from current turbo F1 car sounds, and GT Sport car sounds in general. I've long since accepted that engines that "sing" will soon be a bygone era. Hell, I even decided to drive a diesel sedan in real life, just for the torque and mileage. I just had to get over the terrible engine note (I came from 6-cylinder BMWs and a WRX). Still hating it...but I made my choice...
idk man I'm not really obsessed with the engine noise so to each their own. I like both. Its just noise and it sounds 10x better than my 2008 nissan Tiida lol.

They have also reduced the time penalty due to collisions!!! So that is going to stop in its tracks divebombing. Wait, no, it is going to vastly increase dive bombing!!! Every time they change the penalty system it is worse. What can they be thinking!

CJ

The new track sucks...ugh, another Alsace with even more unnecessary corners. Why can't they just add the tracks from the Blancpain and co. series? Enough with these abominations.

Where is Spa, Fuji, Laguna Seca, Silverstone, Montreal...?

- The differences in grip power due to tyre temperature variations in races where the "Tyre Wear" option is enabled have been adjusted;.

If "adjusted" means more differences then it worries me because the temperature change is not indicated anyway !!!

I'm afraid this leads to more chaos in lap 1 because everybody has the braking points from training in mind !!!

idk man I'm not really obsessed with the engine noise so to each their own. I like both. Its just noise and it sounds 10x better than my 2008 nissan Tiida lol.
You're right, to each his own. But for me, sound is so much a part of the performance car experience, whether in a game or IRL. GT Sport has improved in sounds since the previous vacuum cleaner simulator versions, but it still doesn't sound as intense as, say, Project Cars. I'm probably biased, because once you've spent years driving a WRX with a huge exhaust upgrade, almost every other car sounds like crap :lol:

You're right, to each his own. But for me, sound is so much a part of the performance car experience, whether in a game or IRL. GT Sport has improved in sounds since the previous vacuum cleaner simulator versions, but it still doesn't sound as intense as, say, Project Cars. I'm probably biased, because once you've spent years driving a WRX with a huge exhaust upgrade, almost every other car sounds like crap :lol:
LMAO YOU'RE ONE OF THOSE GUYS!!! god damnit. I really hate you guys at 2am in the morning. But during the day its honestly a blessing to hear a WRX with a custom exhaust lol. I completely understand what you mean tho. To be honest I do favor the Older F1 sounds because it really did represented it performance. When you hear V10 like that on track you know this man is driving a ROCKETSHIP on four wheels. There's was a very precise clear difference audio difference between an F1 and you normal race car. Now even tho people logically know the difference is still there because the new ones are even faster than the last ones....when hear you just go....oh a race car...cool.

Well the Tomahawk is one second slower on Blue Moon ...

I wonder how the 250 GTO sound like.
Got 20 millions but if they missed the sound that will be a waste ...

Still no night TOD for La Sarthe. I guess that dream is dead.

Tire model is interesting, going to take some getting used to.

Also they nerfed the Ferrari Gr.3. Kaz what?

Yes, worst possible news. It would have been so much better if there was an issue with Mercedes for PD to put out a generic 2017 F1 car and then allow livery editor.

It is going to be a very boring F1 2017 race with 20 Mercs all lined up. I think players should do that in protest and not use the flat paint colour version.

CJ
That's why I was hoping we get a fictional 2017-based F1... everyone was super excited about the licenced car but failed to realize Mercedes is surely not allowing people to put Ferrari liveries on it.

Back