Gran Turismo Sport Will Get Formula E Cars According to Kazunori Yamauchi

I take offence to the author of this article calling the current car great looking. It has a Halo, therefore it is disqualified from being a good looker. I do not look forward to this rush job 'safety' solution infecting GT Sport and refuse to drive such a car under any circumstance.

A shame really as I otherwise would've bought into what Formula E was trying to do and given it another chance. If not for bad stewarding in the inaugural season I might not have even lost interest in the series to begin with.

Last edited:
Or to go one better, they should recreate one of those tracks in real life for Formula E. I mean, that R246 area in Akasaka is mostly suitable park land. It's not the worst idea ever. :)
...And look, Nissan is entering the category... ;)

I followed the series for a couple of seasons but have since lost interest. Not too thrilled about the introduction of the attack mode thing. Feels too much like Mario Kart.
That being said, it would be super cool if this car is coming to the game because the cars look interesting to drive.

I followed the series for a couple of seasons but have since lost interest. Not too thrilled about the introduction of the attack mode thing. Feels to much like Mario Kart.
That being said, it would be super cool if this car is coming to the game because the cars look interesting to drive.

I think they will try to add some Mario Kart Barrels in the future,go over this point of the track to pick a weapon.The weapon could be a EMP that would lower the power of the car in front :lol:

go over this point of the track to pick a weapon.The weapon could be a EMP that would lower the power of the car in front :lol:
I think I read somewhere that something like that was actually being considered.

Hey, I just like things that go fast, I don’t care about noise. Weather you like it or not the internal combustion engine is somewhat of a museum piece now. Let’s go forward not backwards

Reasonably efficient electric cars are much closer to being a fantasy than the internal combustion engine is to a museum piece by a fairly wide margin.

Reasonably efficient electric cars are much closer to being a fantasy than the internal combustion engine is to a museum piece by a fairly wide margin.
I quite regularly see electric cars on the road, there are charging points where I work. Am I living in a fantasy world?

I don't care about the series on TV (let's see whether this changes with the new cars), but I'd be willing to bet that racing the cars online in GTS should be a blast. Looking forward to it.

Is it the Fan Boost?In that case the fan boost doesn't take away power it gives power to the car you choose.
No. Like they run over a section of track, and they can "shoot" a "weapon" at an opponent that would limit the power another car temporarily. I gotta go see if I can find where I read this.

Yeah some classic tight circuits would be most welcome.
My favourite being Tokyo R246, reverse was my fav direction.
New York, Paris, Seoul. Really loving the new South outter and inner loop Tokyo express way, lots of fun.

Great choice to add Formula E cars then. Maybe this would result in a new car class, which would be likely called "Gr. E".

Polyphony should make a re-imagining of these tracks with layouts based on scenic cityscape areas, with them also being friendly for the other classes (like Gr. 1, 2, 3 and 4). Oh and don't forget Hong Kong as well.

Hong Kong, New York, Paris and Seoul are the four big city tracks of Gran Turismo's past. It also won't hurt to add them (knowing that Tokyo Expressway is currently the only city track so far). GT6 also had London, Madrid and Rome as well...

For Hong Kong I want Causeway Bay, Harbour City, Mong Kok and Tsim Sha Tsui as layouts, and as for New York, Times Square, Fifth Avenue, Coney Island and Brooklyn. Paris should have the Arc du Triomphe, Seine, Eiffel Tower and perhaps the Louvre as their layouts but I'm not sure for Seoul though...

Last edited:
I quite regularly see electric cars on the road, there are charging points where I work. Am I living in a fantasy world?

Maybe not a fantasy world, but most likely in a fairly privileged and wealthy area. Most people can’t afford the price of an electric car. The technology still isn’t even close to where it needs to be once we start talking about higher performence vehicles as well. Saying an ICE is a museum piece when it makes up 95%+ of the cars on the road today and when it blows electric motors out of the water in terms of performance is a bit ridiculous. Let’s let the technology actually catch up and become equal before we even think about making that claim.

Really happy about the return of electric cars in GTS, the variety was one of the main strong features of GT4, now they need to give to the game a huge variety of categories. This news with the Porsche challenge give me the hope the game will receive the same treatment of updates in 2019 as the current year. The hope is still high to see new circuits as Montecarlo, Laguna Seca and probably Pikes Peak and Isle of Mans (I read years ago PD had scanned it). Also I hope there will be improvements for offline activities, a better AI and the rain or wet track

Red Bull X2014 needs no alternatives that aren't updated versions, it's a fictional car in a video game.

I mean a alternative for one make races,if the Formula E car controls well it would be a good heavy downforce car choice for a one make daily race instead of the X2014.

Back