Gran Turismo Sport Will Get Formula E Cars According to Kazunori Yamauchi

If it indeed comes to GTS, I hope we could increase it's power quite a bit with the BOP settings. I like driving cars as they'd be out of the factory but tuning up the old GT500 NSX to match the LMPs is very fun, and with enough power the current FE car would go as fast as it looks.

Then again, would we actually get the new car or the old one? PD has gotten better, but I'd not put it past them to go as back as the first version of the car:lol:

I'll be delighted to get my hands on a Formula E car. I quite enjoy the racing despite the lack of an ICE soundtrack.

I saw PD say they had negotiated with Porsche so hopefully we don't have to wait for Porsche's debut in a year.

Please let us be able to use custom liveries too.

Formula E if you go by Forza 7 standards is brutally slow. They barely reach 225km/h so are best suited to the Tsukubas of the world.

Further they only need ONE car... the spec Dallara so you can pop your own livery.

This is less interesting than it sounds.

Formula E if you go by Forza 7 standards is brutally slow. They barely reach 225km/h so are best suited to the Tsukubas of the world.

Further they only need ONE car... the spec Dallara so you can pop your own livery.

This is less interesting than it sounds.
The new cars reach 280 km/h, and 0-100 in 2.8 seconds. ;)

MMX
And it didn't sound that interesting to start with. :lol:

I'm not into these kinds of cars, still don't even own the F1 car in game, and won't unless the roulette gives it to me. And more city tracks would be the last thing I'd want to see.

I own the F1 car only because it was used in a GT Sport league race and I wanted to keep my point streak going lol. Other than that, the car is hardly used. Could be because there are no tracks I really want to use it on. I like the tracks we have but I don't really want to drive the F1 car on them. Plus, can't change the livery...blah, makes me mad.

I'm really interested in how this is going to look. When I first saw a Formula E race on TV by accident, I thought "Uh, cool, some kind of open wheeler class I don't know. Ah, safety car is out. Uh, huh? It isn't out, this is race pace?!?"
:lol:👍

Great news. What most people here don't realize is that a lot of manufacturers have entered FE for next season. With the new car and broad support this series will get a lot bigger in the near future.

Last seasons have been test seasons I guess. I believe with the new car it is no longer needed to swap cars mid race or preserve the battery.

I hope they will drive on other tracks than street circuits in the future (not sure what tracks they are racing upcomming season) to make it more interesting for the viewers. The potential is there next to F1 imho.

I can just imagine how people complained about wings on formula one cars in the old days...

Those people are gone and so will the complaints about the new generation of racing cars be sooner rather than later.

Fossil energy is killing the planet, the sooner we can get rid of it the better .

I’m really not trying to start a debate here because the thread isn’t really meant for it, but there’s bigger issues that can be taken care and should be taken care of that will solve pollution problems. For example, one cruise ship creates the same amount of pollution as entire towns and thousands of cars.

The problem isn’t cars or everyday people. It’s the fact that giant coorperations are getting away with horrible practices that do more damage in a few days than most people will do in an entire lifetime. That’s why pushing things like electric cara that people can’t afford ism’t a realistic solution,

Oh my ears! Formula E is already the worst sounding race series ever...

If 'green' racing is what it is all about, what's the point of a console (already green) emulating a green series..? Formula 1 cars from the 70's in game use exactly the same gas as a Formula E car, and sound a damn sight better!

This is the dumbest thing I ever heard. Or wished I never have to hear!

Yawn. At least when you come into the pits now they won't need a me animation for you jumping into a new car, I didn't realise they weren't doing that now.

Aren't the cars all the same tho with the exception of the livery? I don't know, don't care. Either way it's not really a porsche is it tho. I'd rather have literally any other porsche ever made.

Things PD need to get right before implementing FE:
-Simulating electric torque properly, especially from a standing start
-Improve tyres longitudinal grip
-Add a KERS button for Fan Boost
-Improve the simulation of open wheelers and/or lightweight cars in general
-Add a battery status indicator

Also, FE runs on threaded tyres. What are the odds that PD will just slap Racing Hards default like most other race cars without checking this.

MMX
And it didn't sound that interesting to start with. :lol:

I'm not into these kinds of cars, still don't even own the F1 car in game, and won't unless the roulette gives it to me. And more city tracks would be the last thing I'd want to see.
IMO slower single-seaters are more enjoyable to drive and conducive to good racing. F3 is the sweet spot. With F2 and Super Formula for those who want more performance.

I quite regularly see electric cars on the road, there are charging points where I work. Am I living in a fantasy world?

If you think electric cars are a common reality in the near future then yes, you are living in a fantasy world. There is nothing new about electric cars, they are decades old yet the public is not accepting them. There might be a few places where electric cars are "hip" like maybe silicon valley but by far the ICE engine will be the mainstay for quite some time yet. Here in the US we are seeing a comeback of the muscle car era. Mopar has their 900 HP Hellcats and Demons, there is supposed to be a Camaro on the horizon to compete with those and the Corvette is always getting faster. Of course for those not willing to dive head first into the electric car world there are hybrids but once again they are not very popular in the US. Like electric cars they have also been available for a long time yet F1 sees a need to race them to "advance the road car market" as some people foolishly believe. I have asked all of the "manufacturers race in F1 to advance their road cars" believers that I could exactly what F1 and road cars have in common that they would be needed for testing yet nobody has been able to answer that.

Hope they get some bug then we can refueling the car :lol:

If 'green' racing is what it is all about, what's the point of a console (already green) emulating a green series..?

This is the dumbest thing I ever heard. Or wished I never have to hear!

Is this sarcasm? I just bad on detect it :lol:
It's all about marketing and make it close to younger audience, it just opposite way like Toyota do.

https://kotaku.com/5387350/toyota-exec-realistic-video-games-make-cars-unnecessary

Can we have a Volvo please Kaz? Pretty please
I think we'd get this before a "Volvo".
IMG_6125.JPG

We will also have motorcycles and rain. Let's wait. But I advise: Let's wait seated.

In the meantime, I'll be playing The Last of US 5 and Forza Motosport 16.

So,

I'd say the FIA made a request to Kaz.

- Help popularize category, Kaz. Let's add some Formula E cars in GTS. OK?

- Why not DTM or WEC, mrs. FIA?

- No! Formula E is a future!

We: Holy ****!!!!

- News, guys! We are add Formula E in GTS.

We: Expectancy: Four cars and Six circuits last season.

PD: Reality: One car. Lucas Di Grassi car and Circuit: Tokyo Inner West Loop Expressway.

Last edited:
I give up... reality has taken a back seat to orthodoxy. Let me reiterate:

When you race on a console, you don't use any gas! No matter what car you drive!

So there is no need to emulate a series that is being run to showcase not using gasoline... You are already running the most green way to race there is.

Formula E cars are slow, nasty whiny abominations. And completely unnecessary in an environment where today's F1 Championship-winning car or Senna's F1 car, or a 60's F1 car all use ZERO gasoline.

They may be a necessary evil in the real world. But utterly superfluous in the gaming world.

GTS... The real dentist drill simulator!

The Formula-e chassis are all the same for all teams, but the drivetrain is manufacturer developed.

Regarding the grooved tires, the Audi VGT also has grooved tires, if you put on racing tires, the grooves still show, I’m guessing with the Formula-e car it’ll be the same...?

I keep imagining that driving a Formula E vehicle would be similar to driving a Red Bull Junior, minus the combustion engine, and with some tweaks, of course. Is this accurate? If so, I like the idea. I would love to use the Formula E car in custom races.

Speaking of racing, I've never messed with the classic career mode. I always make my own races, usually with my N400 class light and powerful vehicles against "professional" Gr. 4. The payoute are insane.

Back