Gran Turismo Sport Will Get Formula E Cars According to Kazunori Yamauchi

Yay more EVs. Hopefully we will get more production EVs like the Fisker Karma, Tesla Roadster, Model S P100D, Model 3 Performance, Model X P100D... and then they could add Electric Circuits to GT League... I just really want more Tesla’s now that no other game features Tesla. I’m positive the Fisker and 2008 Roadster will come back.

Fyi Formula E is basically a slightly faster Formula 3. Its got far better acceleration but poor top speed like alot of electric cars, which is why they typically run on a tight city tracks.

This is by far one of the worst comments I've seen on this site, and I can smell the smug superiority from here.
Hes been like this here like forever. But weirdly GTS is not his only target but couple of other games as well so its a fair game I guess?

Classic example of perpetual cynicism. Hope for the best for him.

Ten years+ of listening to people whine about how GT sounded bad, vacuum cleaner cars, bla bla bla, now we have to listen to this litany of people excited about something that sounds even WORSE?! :rolleyes:

But I guess there IS something about Formula E that is perfect for the ADHD gamer drivers that make up most of GT's players... Races will have to be short! :lol:

You know why some are so excited about this? Because they haven't been given DTM, or BTCC, or IMSA, or any other damn real life series that they would care a LOT more about! That's how desperate the lack of real racing on GTS has made the base (or some of them!). I guarantee, if the announcement were about DTM (for example) you wouldn't hear ONE person whine about how those series aren't 'green'...
Technically, you don't have to listen to them. You could always just ignore them. Or report them, if people whose opinions differ from yours bother you that much. (Note that I say opinion, not fact; whether or not Formula E sounds better than GT's old sounds is a subjective matter.)

But to publicly ridicule those people just for getting excited for something you don't like probably doesn't make you look as good as you seem to think you are.

EDIT: I'm definetely interested in the prospect of Formula E cars in GTS. I don't follow Formula E that much, but being able to drive those cars in the game might just get me a little more invested in it. The design's also pretty cool in my opinion.

Last edited:
IF you want to make a comparison...

I dont like Formula 1. I dont like Lewis Hamilton. I'm not a fan of Mercedes.

I'm not interested in the W08. Hybrid performance is junk. I'm not spending $2 mil. on it. I dont care about the race series with it. If I get it in the daily gift, I'm deleteing it.

So my question is this... is it worth getting upset over one car in a game with hundreds of cars and is it worth showing your ass to everyone here how petty you are over ONE car?

But I guess there IS something about Formula E that is perfect for the ADHD gamer drivers that make up most of GT's players... Races will have to be short! :lol:
Short? Compared to the average race length in GTS next season Formula E races are very, very, very long.
Next Season's cars are capable of running races up to a length of 45 minutes, okay, I admit, that's no where near to the Formula I races but still, a lot longer then your average daily races in GTS.

To me Formula I cars look very cool, good mechanical grip, fast acceleration, bring them on so we can have Formula E racing series in GTS.
Really looking forward to them!

45 mins long? can a typical Formula E car do that without 'refueling'.

I'm pessimistic about Formula E no doubt but I feel like PD can rescue this and make a series fun enough... I hope the typical 6 spd 280km/h Version 2 fares better than the abominable Version 1.

45 mins long? can a typical Formula E car do that without 'refueling'.

I'm pessimistic about Formula E no doubt but I feel like PD can rescue this and make a series fun enough... I hope the typical 6 spd 280km/h Version 2 fares better than the abominable Version 1.
Up until now they used 2 cars per driver per race, because the batteries just didn't last long enough to complete a race. I watched the pre season tv shows and there they told that next season with the new cars (i think it's the spec 2 cars, correct me if I'm wrong) there's only one car available for each driver and that will last all race, they also said that with one charge the car can run (race) for 45 minutes.

Also will they have realistic Formula E refueling? This is a huge joke in itself.

Or will it just be like how it treats Teslas?
Assuming we get the Gen2 car, which appears to be the case, there won't be any 'refuelling' as the batteries will now last the race duration.

Still a weird one. We only have Gr1, Gr3 and the Porsche Endurance races. Races last from 48 minutes to a bit over one hour. Will PD just stick these cars in Professional GT League races? Will they add more Endurance races with the inclusion of FE?

The term "Endurance" is used wrongly in GTS, it's only simulated with a high fuel consumption and tyre wear rates. So the 45 minutes a FE car can race is hardly endurance. For the real endurance enthusiasts I think it would be a lot nicer if endurance races were not simulated with tyre and fuel consumption rates but by actually using a longer race length, anywhere from 1.5 to 4 hours or so.

The gloves and camera shacking effect seems a lot GT Sport. Of course there are no proper shadows but it could be a temporary thing.

I was thinking the same when I saw the video this morning... graphics look to be in a early stage but have a GTsport ‘feel’. Also the way the driver holds the wheel...
The track they’re showing looks a bit boring though...

Alright. “That I can understand. I don’t care, I don’t like.”
But some people try to reason it saying things against electric engines that make no sense. It’s like someone said it... I can only imagine how it was when they added spoilers to the cars. Hell, we can go back to when we moved from horses to cars!

“This is not real racing! Bring back those animals!”

Well I am not some people though, so I ignore them. This thread is two sides of the extreme trying to say the other is wrong.

Formula E has really not shown anything to me worth watching. It reminds me of the way GRC was ran and we see how far that went. Honestly, I don't have a negative opinion to electric cars being in the market. They are going to be very useful for some people especially in big crowded cities where having an ICE can be deemed rather pointless at times. Then there are people who really don't see anything in cars other than just a mode of transport, and that too is perfectly fine. Electric cars are perfect for those people as well. I just will not buy one because I have no interest in them. At the same time, I don't want to be forced into them either which is what all of this kind of feels like is happening.

Long winded way of saying, I still really am not interested in FE in GT-S. BTCC is where my heart is at.

Season 4 was the only one I kind of watched and it was pretty good. I did not like the old cars but the series grew on me, it has tons of great drivers and manufacturer teams.

Season 5 starts this weekend, the new cars look very interesting. I’d definitely take these FE cars over the old rehashed race cars that they’ve been adding lately.

Last edited:
If it sounds anything like the earache inducing Tesla, I'll be giving it a miss.

Why can't they add an engine sound to these cars? We all know they're electric but after hearing internal combustion for so long, a high pitched whine is major turn off. Make the transition to electric easier to swallow.

Season 4 was the only one I kind of watched and it was pretty good. I did not like the old cars but the series grew on me, it has tons of great drivers and manufacturer teams.

Season 5 starts this weekend, the new cars look very interesting. I’d definitely take these FE cars over the old rehashed race cars that they’ve been adding lately.
I did not pay much attention in Formula E until I saw the new cars. That 'rear wing' is very cool.

The sound is what it is, no fake engine note needed. I got used to it after watching a few races, to me it doesn’t sound much worse than the dreary V6s in F1.
I kinda like the ‘whiny’ electric motor sound, but I’m also into (electric) r/c car racing :)

The racing looks good but I find it unbearable to listen to for more than a couple of minutes. Especially on straights when you listen to the whine reach a crescendo. Too uncomfortable.

I honestly get the appeal of EV racing but that sound is too much too soon. Add some sort of sound to mask the whine and I'd be a viewer.

The gloves and camera shacking effect seems a lot GT Sport. Of course there are no proper shadows but it could be a temporary thing.

Is that a pitlane disguised as a track?Good lord Macau looks wide compared to this.

I was thinking the same when I saw the video this morning... graphics look to be in a early stage but have a GTsport ‘feel’. Also the way the driver holds the wheel...
The track they’re showing looks a bit boring though...

Oh yeah this is 90% GT Sport,the way the driver holds the wheel and the camera moving around the cockpit,if this really is GTS it's a nice view at how a alpha version of a Update looks.

Last edited:
I'm sure not many would object to the NY track making a comeback. I've only seen a bit of the Brooklyn circuit, but the Midtown track would be cool to revisit(Dawn, dusk and twilight settings).

FE might be just what GTS needs to get me interested again.

I give up... reality has taken a back seat to orthodoxy. Let me reiterate:

When you race on a console, you don't use any gas! No matter what car you drive!

So there is no need to emulate a series that is being run to showcase not using gasoline... You are already running the most green way to race there is.

Formula E cars are slow, nasty whiny abominations. And completely unnecessary in an environment where today's F1 Championship-winning car or Senna's F1 car, or a 60's F1 car all use ZERO gasoline.

They may be a necessary evil in the real world. But utterly superfluous in the gaming world.

GTS... The real dentist drill simulator!
maxresdefault.jpg

Please don't make me laugh I just had surgery yesterday.

Back