Gran Turismo Sport's Final Official Series - Road to Gran Turismo 7 - Starts February 5

• Thread starter Famine
  • 252 comments
Put that tune on the GT-R and it's all over the place. I'm used to driving an oil tanker and suddenly the backside keeps sliding. I didn't know it was possible in this.

Somebody shoot me...I forgot to save the replay. Got distracted by post-race chat.

Used the GT-R, kept up with the field of Atenzas very nicely. Qualified 2nd, pretty close fight in the top 3 near the end, finished 2nd, even got fastest lap of the race. 318 points.

So that's a total of 623 points in the championship, I can't wait to see where I end up...these are my best results ever, with the crucial help of AMS_Dood's tunes. What a legend.

Well what else can I say? This race has given me the best ending possible to Gran Turismo Sport for me.

I went for the Renault Megane as after doing numerous laps with both the Atenza and the Megane, I really found the Megane to be more suited to my liking.

I did the first session as per usual and despite the traffic almost ruining my qualifying session, I managed to snag pole due the extra slipstream (?) I got from the Cayman after making a mistake gave me the extra speed needed on the straight. Was .700ths quicker from the nearest rival.

Race starts and the tune provided by AMS Dood really worked wonders in this one. At first I was worried that the power deficit of the Megane may overshadow the tune but guess I was wrong in this one. I managed to build up a 2 sec gap after the first lap.

Lights out and we racing.

20220226222708.jpg

Dood's tune working wonders with the Megane and its showing as I breeze through the corners of Alsace.

From there the race was honestly uneventful as I was in first for the whole race and my nearest rival wasn't really making any damage to my gap as I kept 2 secs or higher and then around lap 8 or so the WRX might've made a mistake that allowed me to push the gap to 4 secs and that's where it was like the race is a wrap. Managed to gain fastest lap around lap 8.

And after 4 more laps, I finally got my final win in this one (reason I say final as I promised to myself whether it would be in my main or alt account, this would be my final GT Sport Sport Mode race because with GT7 on the horizon, it's best to retire after this) and really it's like the best way possible for me to end GT Sport on a high note after 4/5 years of playing the game.

20220226222713.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220226215447.png

And that is it for me in GT Sport. I really can't thank this game enough after the journey I had and to end it with a Grand Slam felt like the true ending to what's consider a GT game that renewed my interest towards the series. Just like the decal I posted on my profile: Thank You Gran Turismo Sport. :)

And also thanking AMS Dood for the tune.

Last edited:
I thought the points for this round would've updated already? :confused: Or is it different for final rounds...can't remember.

Edit: They've updated! ...I remained in 27th... Nice! :D

Last edited:
I did the 1st slot. Started 13th/finished 12th. Made some small errors. But felt I fought hard in the Scirocco.

Went in hoping to improve on my Race 1 score of 69. Got 79. :cool:

It was a race dominated by C-Level drivers, but two Mustangs, including myself, just took first and second place. The meta cars had better lap times, but with twelve laps, none of the meta cars dominated.

I give credit to track familiarity.

When I first bought GT Sport, I spent a lot of time on the Raptor Challenge in the Campaign. I logged hundreds of laps on Alsace, and it paid off.

Edit: I took second place.

Edit: I also credit the AMS Dood tune. I came as close as I could to the Genesis tune, and it worked splendidly for the Mustang.

Last edited:
All this road to GT7 was my best tournament ever, with wins in two rounds and a podium finish in another, with the kart race being the lowest point. The race in Alsace was pretty good and I put all my bets on Megane, knowing it will shine in the last part of the race, thanks to low tyre wear. And it worked! Despite the first race being disastrous, I managed to win the second one after almost getting pushed off track by the leader, which made a mistake latter on.

Finishing the last tournament with a race win was pretty good.

Yes! #1 in Iowa! Out of a grand total of..... 19 LOL.

Jokes aside, I am happy with the results. #63 in USA seems OK although I don't think this tournament had the same participation level the FIA championships had.

I guess I can uninstall GT Sport now. I am sad to see it go. This has been the best online racing I have ever experienced (and I'm 48 so I have been around since the invention of multiplayer videogames).

I honestly don't care that GT7 is imminent. I am no longer a single player or career player. But GT7 also has Sport Mode and I'm sure there will be some great new things in it. The Gran Turismo world is about to move to its next chapter. I have been with it since picking up a copy of GT1 in Japan in December 1997 and if it's time to move on, well then, bring on GT7.

I am looking forward to what PD has in store for us in the new title.

:gtpflag:

A quick question: could this tournament possibly give us DR S ratings that transfer to GT7?

Screenshot_20220226-220626.png

Road to Gran Turismo 7 // Round 4 // Alsace Village
Group 4 // Open Tuning // Atenza
Lobby A+/S // Door 4

Slot 1
It was my son's birthday so we spent the morning doing birthday things for the little guy. I got home about 20 minutes before the first slot opened so I said, why not. Let's Geaux! Jumped on, warmed up, and was immediately at home. I put in a load of practice for this one..the final GTS Championship Race. I wanted to do well. I wanted to go out with a podium or, at the worst, a top 5.

Lobby opens and I'm like door 3 or 4. PERFECT. NOT top split. My peer group. 2nd split was just what I hoping for. Jumped in qualy and was in a nice gap after the front 2, so no pressure from anyone. Put in a Q1 time with a 1:57.5xx. That allowed me to hunt for a faster lap time my 2nd time around. Finished on Pole!!

Race started and I got away clean after turn 1. Again, practice paying BIG dividends here. I knew exactly what the cold mediums would do. I was prepared. By lap 2 I had broken the slip. Then it was off to the races! Finished the race in P1!! My Last GT Sport Race I took home the victory. Super excited! While I look forward to GT7, I will miss GTS. 272 points. 1st in Louisiana, 18th in the USA!!!!! 26th in NA. Dang happy with that!

Road to GT& Final with Points.jpg

Last edited:
Was low-key hoping my last championship race in GTS would end in a victory but a good consolation prize was 368 points for 2nd, which I think is my best ever points haul under the current point system. Somewhat fitting it was Alsace since one of my all time favorite GTS championship races was my shock win in the Gr4 RCZ back when the car shredded tires like mad.

Back