Gran Turismo Unpopular Opinions Thread

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 791 comments
I must be the only GT player who absolutely hate Deep Forest Raceway.

• The Used Car Dealership featured in every GT game except for 1, 6 and Sport, was a great feature that I miss greatly. It gives rarity to cars, and there's the joy of never knowing what cars are there once you enter the showroom.

GT3 doesn't have User Car Dealership, not GT1.

I like rallying in GT Sport , it's simply fun to me
Alsace is one of my favourite tracks in this game , easy to learn but hard to master
Spa is overrated
I don't find anything wrong with the physics of GT Sport
The 458 is better than the 488 in every way and i don't want to see that car in GT

absolutely hate

upload_2018-7-25_10-36-29.jpeg

I mean, this meme is being used in light hearted jest, but I do worry that people are loosing the ability to deliver an opinion without taking it to an extreme for the sake of it.

Anyway...

I still want a few more GT-R's/Skylines in the game :)

Last edited:
View attachment 753945

I'm mean, this meme is being used in light hearted jest, but I do worry that people are loosing the ability to deliver an opinion without taking it to an extreme for the sake of it.

Anyway...

I still want a few more GT-R's/Skylines in the game :)
But I like you. I only hate that guy who threatened to kill Me on another thread and that guy who said I was useless.

Oh boy, do I love Unpopular Opinion threads!
  • Maybe unpopular or not, but GT should keep 'The Real Driving Simulator' slogan. After all, you can't see the 'most' word in it.
  • the crash physics in GTS aren't that bad
  • every, I mean EVERY tree model is more than decent in GTS
  • the UI in GTS is cool and slick
  • GTS already looked good at the Copper Box event
  • From now on, I prefer scapes over 3D photomode locations
  • The car list in GTS is already wide and great, with the addition of the Kei cars and the F1, it'll be even better
  • GT5 had the best menus ever
  • GT5 had the best "during race" songs
  • Planetary Go is a cool song, worked really well with the GT5 intro
  • My favorite part in the Moon Over The Castle is the beginning, when the lady sings, the rest not so much
  • I sometimes miss the standard cars
  • GT should still feature crazy concept cars
  • GTS is already a true GT7
  • the shadows should gain a higher priority, because there isn't a single GT where the shadows aren't flickering
  • GT SHOULD INCLUDE PITBABES BRRRUUUUH
    30-jpg.251615

BECAUSE ASSETTO CORSA HAS THEM

Last edited:
Tyre physics are really good, not because they are accurate but because they make races more exciting, even good drivers can go off through making a minor mistake. Oh the tension, the drama!

Same for penalties. A good driver getting an unfair penalty is a great leveller! ;)

• The race cars in GT games mostly suck & are dull as dishwater to drive
  • I love racing the obscure underpowered road cars online in GT games
  • I like the menu "muzak", & sometimes just sit there listening to it
  • I love watching the replays, this is literally half the game for me
  • Shuffle Race in GT5 was the pinnacle of online racing in GT
  • I love the demo mode in GT5, & can watch it for hours
  • I can't for the life of me go back to PS2 GT games
  • I like watching the Dynamic Scapes in GT Sport
  • I am a self confessed GT graphics whore :embarrassed:

Tyre physics are really good, not because they are accurate but because they make races more exciting, even good drivers can go off through making a minor mistake.
But, i've mainly seen them loosing it at corner exit while accelerating straight line... Bouncing off from kerbs or entering corners too fast with sliding have almost zero consequences. (Unpopular opinion i believe.)

I was thinking more along the lines of the KPGC10, An R31 or two, and the Nismo 400R... but that's sounds a bit like a wish-list so I'll stop there.

giphy.gif
You had to remind me of such beauties :( but yeah, let's keep the cars toned down if we don't want this to be another wishlist :lol:

GT2 has the most nostalgic graphics for me since it's my first GT game, and GT3 looked the most realistic until GTS. GT4, GTPSP, and GT5 are in this limbo graphics wise where they certainly look realistic, but not realistic enough to be "real". It's something like how human faces are adorable when drawn cartoon/anime style, and better cameras make a live movie more realistic, but something in between and it's just uncanny. It's a term I forgot, search it up. GT6 would've been okay already, if it weren't for the standard cars

I couldn't care less about sounds, but I'm taking the improved sound model anyway

I'm lowkey hoping the new tire model doesn't arrive this update, since I'll take two weeks off to repair/replace my G29 under warranty. If the update rolls now I'll die because I wouldn't have time to practice it

GT5, GT6, and GTS' intros are really good- I have them on my phone- but I can't help despise PD for throwing away the anthem that is Moon Over The Castle

Some Unpopular Opinions From Me

TRACKS

People:
WHERE IS SPA, I WANT IT NOW!

Me: I want Seaside Route 765, Löwenseering, Hong Kong, Old Central, Marco Strada and Opera Paris, then this game is perfect!

CARS

People:
I WANT THE HYPERCAR HOLY TRINITY TO BE COMPLETE, PLUS SOME MORE SUPERCARS AND HYPERCARS! AND ARE OTHER PEOPLE REALLY INSANE TO BRING THAT PIECE OF CRAP MINI TRUCK THING BACK?!?!

Me: I would like to see some LCGCs, a Cadillac Seville STS, a Nissan Elgrand, a Toyota Alphard, a Jaguar X-Type, a Subaru SVX, and the mighty tiny Daihatsu Midget II in its Super Premium glory!

MUSIC

People:
LONDON IN THE RAIN AND SYMPHATIQUE ARE CRAP!

Me: London In The Rain is actually pretty catchy, and Symphatique is calm and briste ;)

but something in between and it's just uncanny. It's a term I forgot, search it up.

The uncanny valley.

main-qimg-d35fbd54c03eaa98c5c0f57c1688ae13-c

At pretty much every iteration of GT, until I got a HD TV, I was absolutely happy with the car modelling. It wasn't until GT5 I got a HD TV (GT5P and HD were played on a rear projection TV, everything prior on a CRT of some sort), and at that point, the detail was there, but it felt like a step back because visual inconsistencies were so much more focused (I remember having an issue with the lack of anti-aliasing for one thing), same with GT6.... But GTS rectifies this for me in the HD age... not sure if it stacks up in 4K though, because I don't have a 4K TV.

In a way, Gran Turismo Sport is pretty much a modern Gran Turismo 1 because I can't unsee the similarities between the two games: a car list based on the road cars of the current timeline rendered in beautiful graphics at its time, fictional race cars, and fictional race tracks.

I like to think of GTS as a 'what-if' scenario where Gran Turismo existed in 2017 and not 1997...

Latest Posts

Back