Gran Turismo Unpopular Opinions Thread

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 791 comments
Isn't that a popular opinion?
CSA is like stabilisers, no one should be using it unless they have to (disability etc)

Didn't think so. Lots of people here have the attitude that if it's in the game, why not use it? Tbh I think those people should do us all a favor and go back to Mario Kart instead of dragging GTS down the drain.

Hate oval racing 3 or 4 corners to master and the kind of corners in this tracks are almost always the same. If you are able to go side by side on a circuit, ovals will be a snooze at least in gt.

I don't like fantasy circuits. Wasted time mastering a circuit I will most likely not see in another game at least most of them.

I don't know how unpopular is this but Circuit experience gold thropies are a joke. Keep the car between the white lines equals a gold. It doesn't teach anything at all. It is possible to beat those time by 5 seconds and even more. They are not teaching anyone anything!!! Useless. It is a time consuming free wheel spin ticket.

Unpopular opinions
-Road cars shouldn't be in this game. Only racing cars.
-Polyphony sucks at marketing and shouldn't give us teaser shadow cars. They should just tell us what they are doing and quit leaving us in the dark for months at a time.
-I think this isn't a complete game. We payed 60$ for a game still in development. (I don't really mind it. I love the game, I feel like that is just how it is)
-Updates without the new GTE/3 cars (488, Continental, Vantage, M8, Ford GTE) are poop updates. (I do like every update though. But where heck is my m8)

* You can have fun with this game even if you're not an online focused competitive racer. Personally I'm having way more fun with GT Sport than I had with GT6, despite the former having much less cars and tracks.
* I don't care a bit about Spa. I'd honestly rather get Laguna Seca and classic GT original tracks
* I also don't care for the classic NSX, the S2000 and other highly requested cars
* I don't want to have a potential GT7 with a 1000+ cars list bloated with GT-Rs, Skylines, Miatas, Lancer Evos and Imprezas (many of them being unnecessary regional variants using recycled PS2 assets). Better focus on variety rather than quantity
* Most VGTs are ugly, exceptions being the BMW and the Honda ones
* Used car dealership was a bad idea. Just let me buy what I want when I need it
* City tracks i.e London and Madrid were terrible for racing and I don't miss them at all
* While I hated Sierra, the time rally mode was quite fun and I'd like to see it return
* Alsace is a nice track
* Off road racing in GT games should go away. Leave it to Codemasters and other devs.
* Gr.4 is the best category
* I hate the Megane and I'm never, ever using it, even if the other cars in the same category are slower
* Itasha liveries are awesome when done properly
* Daiki Kasho's songs are awful, as most of racing music GT5 onwards
* New menu songs are good for the most part (with a few exceptions) but I miss the lounge tunes from GT 5 and 6. GT isn't the same without elevator music for me, so thanks for transmission mode
* The Fiat 500 was the best car in the previous update :D

Assetto Corsa isn't realistic
giphy.gif

I think that the fantasy tracks were one of the things that really seperated GT from it's rivals as most of the classic tracks are really fun to drive and I'd rather classic tracks such as High Speed Ring or Grand Valley come back than a lot of real tracks like Spa.

Except SSR11. That track is godawful.

I cannot agree with that, once I learned SSR11 I loved it, it's a fantastic track!!! The rest of your post I agree with

Here's an unpopular opinion for you. I think all the people who do so well in Sport Mode (Posting the best times.) are hacking. I've watched some of the replays and noticed that they corner without traction control on no problem at all. How can you do that without spinning? Does the game become easier with a wheel and pedals plugged in? That's not fair.

TCS and CSA are for B drivers and lower.
That would only be fair if people with controllers didn't have to race people with wheels and pedals. You've already got a sizable advantage, in those terms. Hey, there's an idea wheel-only and controller-only races. :sly:

OK...I'm C and use a controller. So should I just give up and use CSA? I was trying to get better but bounce between C and D.

Here's an unpopular opinion for you. I think all the people who do so well in Sport Mode (Posting the best times.) are hacking. I've watched some of the replays and noticed that they corner without traction control on no problem at all. How can you do that without spinning? Does the game become easier with a wheel and pedals plugged in? That's not fair.
It is a mixture between pressing the gas smoothly and gentle steering inputs. With practice you can start feeling the limit.

It is easier to be more precise with the steering and gas pedal. You have to adapt to it though.

I love the Rally Races and tracks in GTS.

Alsace, especially Alsace II is fantastic fun to drive.

Everyone complains about the AI in GTS. However, I find nothing wrong or easy about it. Then again I'm not an alien like the rest of you.

Mechanical damage should be used in Daily Races.

This should be the ultimate racing game, so I think there should be all types. Rally point to point, Endurance (agree, I think there should be Endurance events online), I wouldn't mind having the option to run an Indy 500 or Daytona 500 race. I'm not a NASCAR guy, but I appreciate the event. With that said, I also don't mind the F1 racing in the game.

Also, not a huge fan of the music. Kept it on for a day or two and have had it on mute since day one.

I'd rather be able to play my own music (but I know this is a PS4 storage issue).

Last edited:
Then Need For Speed is for them.
Suppose they want to play a simulator racing game over an arcade one? They should be banned from doing so because they don't own a wheel? Think about it. If a racing wheel was mandatory in buying Gran Turismo, the game's sales would be far lower than what they are.

Back