Gran Turismo Unpopular Opinions Thread

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 791 comments
People get offended by unpopular personal opinions. I like that.
Actually no, that's a generalization of certain people who don't either have room or are too loud. I live in a apartment now and I can't bring my wheel out (G27), but I can't use it on GT: Sport anyway because it's outdated.

Here's an unpopular opinion for you. I think all the people who do so well in Sport Mode (Posting the best times.) are hacking. I've watched some of the replays and noticed that they corner without traction control on no problem at all. How can you do that without spinning? Does the game become easier with a wheel and pedals plugged in? That's not fair.

It doesn't become easier right away. I actually had to re-learn how to play once I got the wheel and pedals and turned off all the assists. However, now that I have gotten used to it; yes it is much easier to control the cars around corners.

Controller players should be banned from the real driving simulator.

Classic troll bait.

Stop it.

-Tsukuba is useless
-Both Tokyo tracks are pure trash
-Willow Springs is a test track why the hell we should use it for racing
-Yamagiwa is a drift track not a racing one
-Kerbs at DTrail bus stop are unrealistic and stupidly high
-Why Alsace is a thing?
-Group Cs in same class as LMP1s and BoP’d. Great job PD you just deleted 10 years of car innovation
-Credit system makes the game feel like I’m still in 2004 playing GT4.
-GTS has the best UI of every racing game till now.
-Tyre physics makes no sense

Alsace is the perfect track for Gr4.

Willow Springs: Big Willow and Streets are massive fun when you know how to get the racing line right.

I’d rather race on Grand Valley and Special Stage Route 5/11 than race on Spa and Silverstone.

I wish there were more leagues on GTP for this game, since I’m somewhat in a dead period right now.

Last edited:
You had to remind me of such beauties :( but yeah, let's keep the cars toned down if we don't want this to be another wishlist :lol:

GT2 has the most nostalgic graphics for me since it's my first GT game, and GT3 looked the most realistic until GTS. GT4, GTPSP, and GT5 are in this limbo graphics wise where they certainly look realistic, but not realistic enough to be "real". It's something like how human faces are adorable when drawn cartoon/anime style, and better cameras make a live movie more realistic, but something in between and it's just uncanny. It's a term I forgot, search it up. GT6 would've been okay already, if it weren't for the standard cars

I couldn't care less about sounds, but I'm taking the improved sound model anyway

I'm lowkey hoping the new tire model doesn't arrive this update, since I'll take two weeks off to repair/replace my G29 under warranty. If the update rolls now I'll die because I wouldn't have time to practice it

GT5, GT6, and GTS' intros are really good- I have them on my phone- but I can't help despise PD for throwing away the anthem that is Moon Over The Castle

I love the GTS complete (long version) opening movie, I usually watch it in its entirety at least once a week. I thought the pop up tents were a little overdone as far as quantity goes until just last weekend at Road America (a little over half an hour my driveway to the main entrance for me) for the vintage race, I have never seen so many pop up tents!!! It wasnt my first time at Road America just my first time touring the entire facility.

...(G27), but I can't use it on GT: Sport anyway because it's outdated.

You can use it with Drive Hub (link in my sig). I'm using a Fanatec CSR on GT Sport at the moment, & it works fine.

OK...I'm C and use a controller. So should I just give up and use CSA? I was trying to get better but bounce between C and D.
Absolutely use it. Your car will be more stable. You will be quicker, overall. I can't imagine why you wouldn't use it.

I love the vgt's. They feel fresh and unique. One the things that makes GT stand apart from other racing games is the inclusion of concepts, and absolutely doubling down on them is a great decision.

I also want more city tracks like Tokyo Expressway to come to GT Sport. And I also want the old fictional circuits to never come back to GT ever again (trail mountain, grand valley, etc).

Gran Turismo 4 is the best game in the franchise, better than GT3.

Gran turismo 5 and 6 are decent, but they feel bloated and inconsistent at times. It's feels like a wierd mish-mash of assets from PS2 and PSP, and even some PS1 stuff maybe. It feels like Polyphony tried to undertake too much at once. This is where these two games fell to Forza 3 and 4.

Lots of people here have the attitude that if it's in the game, why not use it? Tbh I think those people should do us all a favor and go back to Mario Kart instead of dragging GTS down the drain.
Wow! Someone's really trying to pick a fight.

That would only be fair if people with controllers didn't have to race people with wheels and pedals. You've already got a sizable advantage, in those terms. Hey, there's an idea wheel-only and controller-only races. :sly:
I dunno, I don't exactly buy that
Here's an unpopular opinion for you. I think all the people who do so well in Sport Mode (Posting the best times.) are hacking. I've watched some of the replays and noticed that they corner without traction control on no problem at all. How can you do that without spinning? Does the game become easier with a wheel and pedals plugged in? That's not fair.
Git gud. What's not fair is your stigma on the fast people simply because they're fast

Because I feel I would not develop the skills it is covering for. Also, isn't it turned off in FIA races?
You would be right. It’s also not allowed in the FIA races.

Wow! Someone's really trying to pick a fight.
I have a strong dislike for fake player aids that only water down gameplay. I also hate auto-rotation (snap-to target aim assist) in the Battlefield games just as much as CSA so at least I'm consistent. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno, I don't exactly buy that

Git gud. What's not fair is your stigma on the fast people simply because they're fast
I suppose I shouldn't have generalized in that instance. I feel personally disadvantaged against wheel racers. The only way I can use the controller that's comfortable, is to used X and Square for gas and brake, so I'm either full throttle or full brake. I also use the D pad to steer, which turns the front wheels full right or full left. I realize it sound really stupid, and it's probably the worst way you can race, but like I said it's the only way that's comfortable for me.

I suppose I shouldn't have generalized in that instance. I feel personally disadvantaged against wheel racers. The only way I can use the controller that's comfortable, is to used X and Square for gas and brake, so I'm either full throttle or full brake. I also use the D pad to steer, which turns the front wheels full right or full left. I realize it sound really stupid, and it's probably the worst way you can race, but like I said it's the only way that's comfortable for me.
If the controllee scheme is X/Square + D-pads I'd understand that it'll be slower than a wheel. You can't really have any modulation there even if you want to. I'm talking about those who use the analogue sticks + R2/L2, virtual steering, and left analogue stick + right analogue stick.
---
I like the M4 even when it was the META

If the controllee scheme is X/Square + D-pads I'd understand that it'll be slower than a wheel. You can't really have any modulation there even if you want to. I'm talking about those who use the analogue sticks + R2/L2, virtual steering, and left analogue stick + right analogue stick.
---
I like the M4 even when it was the META
Gotcha ;)

I think it's the exact opposite, the DS4 has "magic" in it compared to a wheel. I used my DS4 about a week ago for the first time in 6 months, first lap was just as fast as my Fanatec and the car was much harder to spin the rear tires and the car also seemed to have much shorter braking distances.

Back