• Thread starter Famine
  • 335 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
I hope it ends up in the Gr.3 or Gr.1 class, only way its gonna be useful.

If not, it will only be yet another unmodifiable paperweight which is prohibited to use in 95% of the campaign anyway...

I am looking forward to the races it also proably means we have an december update now already confirmed
Would be quite sad if we had to wait until 2024, honestly.

While the 25th anniversary update with Road Atlanta was in November, I still think they would try and give something for us to celebrate Xmas/New year.

Hoping for another track may be delusional, but I'm hoping for something decent, like Sophy improvements.

I hope it ends up in the Gr.3 or Gr.1 class, only way its gonna be useful.

If not, it will only be yet another unmodifiable paperweight which is prohibited to use in 95% of the campaign anyway...
My guess is the genesis concept at the genesis special talk at September 2022 during a GTWS, and also design sketches show it with the 'gr.1' designation so it'll likely be for there too, I'm expecting a Gr1 and a non gr1 variant because of this

Can't wait to watch the super-king-ninja-aliens race at Nord! I do hope there is dynamic weather!!!

Clicking on the “Watch Stream (Entry Available)” button while the stream is live will gift you a free Toyota FT-1 VGT for the Toyota GR GT Cup, and a Mazda LM55 VGT for the Nations Cup, with the cars being delivered to your Gifts section on Monday December 11.

So we have to stream the event live to get the cars? If I am not mistaken (and I very well could be), last time we could hit that in-game link after the event was over and still get credit for watching it, and the prize that goes with it.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20231117_174356_X.jpg

So it is possible is not the Genesis VGT

The World Finals race/format details are out too: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/events/gtws2023/worldfinals/race_structure/

Nothing surprising, really, or hidden except for the quali and Race 1 for Nations, which are road cars. The Manu final is at Nurburgring 24h with dynamic weather, but it's only 5 laps, which is... Disappointing? I thought something like the race we had a couple weeks ago, 10 laps, could be pretty exciting. I know these events can't drag on all night but flying all these people out for a 45-minute race seems pretty stingy... One driver on each team is only going to get one lap!

Last edited:
I tend to not mind VGTs. I like the increasing technology. Doesn't mean I'm all for it, though. I'm rather neutral.

Ok. So the new VGT is coming. So does it confirms new update early in december? I was worried that after incredibile spec 2 they won’t give us anything new this year.

Maybe we're finally due for the Jordan VGT?

View attachment 1304321
Options include:
Nike TWO 2024
Chevrolet CorVeeGeeTee
Ford GT2040
Jordan MJVGT Air Max X Buy Our Shoes
Tesla "The Roadster will be even faster than this" VGT
Genesis Bit Unusual VGT

or, with no prior announcement
Maserati VGT
Citroën VGT (lots of precedence for unusual, see Karin)

Not just the Final Manu/Nations-Races should be a part off Singleplayer moder for some days

The whole 5 race championships should be ve permanent entries in the Singleplayer.

Imagine having Championships like 2023 Manufacturer, Nations, Gazoo, 2024 Manufacturer, Nations, Gazoo and so on on the World Map.

Anyone else had to chuckle a bit when they saw these "rewards"?

View attachment 1304376
I don't know why i won double of the stated amounts.

Ok. So the new VGT is coming. So does it confirms new update early in december? I was worried that after incredibile spec 2 they won’t give us anything new this year.
the update can be also in late november too , depends when they show the new VGT

Back