Gran Turismo World Series Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 335 comments

Nissan Hyper Force concept from a couple of weeks ago. Next step is to put it in GT7 .. 2023 VGT?

It clearly is NOT stated as a VGT, but it has been shown in engine so it could be arriving alongsidethe VGT? I'd love that personally

Unfortunately, Nations Cup at the World Finals has picked a team competition.

I think GTWS should build a history, but they broke it in their 5th season. 2023 Nations Cup champions is three? I think they're not right.

The World Finals race/format details are out too: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/events/gtws2023/worldfinals/race_structure/

Nothing surprising, really, or hidden except for the quali and Race 1 for Nations, which are road cars. The Manu final is at Nurburgring 24h with dynamic weather, but it's only 5 laps, which is... Disappointing? I thought something like the race we had a couple weeks ago, 10 laps, could be pretty exciting. I know these events can't drag on all night but flying all these people out for a 45-minute race seems pretty stingy... One driver on each team is only going to get one lap!
I love road cars but they shouldn't have a mix of them as a finals race IMO. PD couldn't even get the Gr.3/4 BOP right, let alone road cars with wildly different specs. It's too much jeopardy and unfairness for those who couldn't pick the meta cars. At least it's the first race so even if you finish last you could still make up ground in the next few races.

Personally, I'd rather have a single longer race than multiple shorter ones currently. But I guess PD's targeted demographic doesn't really have the attention span to sit through 10 laps of Nurburgring...

Last edited:
Some confusion regarding the Middle East slot - how did they pick the GR MENA slot? On the day the GR MENA Esports Cup finals were supposed to be held (October 13 - date announcement), the organizers suddenly "decided to suspend the competition until further notice."

EDIT: It seems that the finals did occur, though the only proof is this announcement of the Saudi Arabian contingent:

Last edited:
Gazoo - Coque Lopez
Manufacturers - Subaru (especially if the final has rain)
Nations - Brazil

Some confusion regarding the Middle East slot - how did they pick the GR MENA slot? On the day the GR MENA Esports Cup finals were supposed to be held (October 13 - date announcement), the organizers suddenly "decided to suspend the competition until further notice."

EDIT: It seems that the finals did occur, though the only proof is this announcement of the Saudi Arabian contingent:

Does this mean the Toyota NASCAR is coming?
IMG_3439.jpeg

It would be so amazing if PD would give us scrubs a one-shot WS event, same as what the pros are doing. It would be just like a GTWS Manu event, but a one-shot-winner-takes-all-stand-alone race around N24. Do well enough and you could earn a boat load of $ by finishing high enough within your city/region/country/etc.

It would be so amazing if PD would give us scrubs a one-shot WS event, same as what the pros are doing. It would be just like a GTWS Manu event, but a one-shot-winner-takes-all-stand-alone race around N24. Do well enough and you could earn a boat load of $ by finishing high enough within your city/region/country/etc.
No thank you. Some of the Nations Cup races sound much better. Watkins Glen in the Honda RA272 or the Gr1 Peugeot around Catalunya (can't remember ever doing a Gr1 race there). The Ring is a bit overused.

Last edited:
the Gr1 Peugeot around Catalunya
I'd like this one, because I don't think there's ever been a reason to use the early 2010s LMPs in Sport Mode, to the point I'd kind of forgotten this car was in the game! It's always either the Group Cs or the 2016 cars, with the GR010 getting its own Toyota stuff.

I wonder if the stream participation rewards will be available outside of the streaming hours.
It starts at 4am for me, I’m not sure I can make it 😂

Back