Gran Turismo World Series Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 335 comments
Sorry to belabor the point @Tidgney, but I have to ask: is there any way for more manufactures to be able to qualify for these Grand Finals, and up to ~16 car grids like in the days of GT Sport? Is it rig limitations, hardware issues, just having a hard cutoff,etc.?
Always happy to try answer questions where I can :cheers: .

I am honestly not sure why more manufacturers aren't invited at all to be honest. For me every single manufacturer should be going to any live events even if it's 12 car grids get them all there (Do Semi Finals/Finals if needs be), maximum eyes, maximum social media potential etc. Might also mean more backing from manufacturers as they are guarenteed to be at the finals so investing in drivers? Maybe? Again all ifs and such but I'm always wanting them all there.

My guess to limitations are going to be;

1. Stage size for rigs, so not wanting to seperate semi finals/finals as there's definitely limitations there.
  2. I'd argue cost isn't a great deal more unless insurance for competitors sky rockets the more that go (No idea).
  3. Balance of Performance also comes into play I would guess as I do feel some are slightly favoured over others so if you had all manufacturers there that's alot of work especially if it's across multiple combinations
  4. Everyone / more there would mean a larger chance for partners to be eliminated and not make a final, would assume that has financial/Partner implications potentially? Especially as they are guarenteed a spot at an event in the first place.
For me all the limitations are small with the potential reach if you can get every single manufacturer posting about the event, backing it more if they are at the finals. But it's not my competition, I do hope in the future all can go and we can have one heck of a spectacle!

Forgot to add, the custom build they use has 48 slot lobbies, so more than enough 😜

Last edited:
Always happy to try answer questions where I can :cheers: .

I am honestly not sure why more manufacturers aren't invited at all to be honest. For me every single manufacturer should be going to any live events even if it's 12 car grids get them all there (Do Semi Finals/Finals if needs be), maximum eyes, maximum social media potential etc. Might also mean more backing from manufacturers as they are guarenteed to be at the finals so investing in drivers? Maybe? Again all ifs and such but I'm always wanting them all there.

My guess to limitations are going to be;

1. Stage size for rigs, so not wanting to seperate semi finals/finals as there's definitely limitations there.
  2. I'd argue cost isn't a great deal more unless insurance for competitors sky rockets the more that go (No idea).
  3. Balance of Performance also comes into play I would guess as I do feel some are slightly favoured over others so if you had all manufacturers there that's alot of work especially if it's across multiple combinations
  4. Everyone / more there would mean a larger chance for partners to be eliminated and not make a final, would assume that has financial/Partner implications potentially? Especially as they are guarenteed a spot at an event in the first place.
For me all the limitations are small with the potential reach if you can get every single manufacturer posting about the event, backing it more if they are at the finals. But it's not my competition, I do hope in the future all can go and we can have one heck of a spectacle!

Forgot to add, the custom build they use has 48 slot lobbies, so more than enough 😜
Well thank you very much for being steadfast in answering my question! I am now even more enlightened on the World Finals.

The original article said the gift cars would come in on the 11th. Maybe the credits will be the same. Just be patient... they'll show up. :)
Its 11th and I didn't get any of the VGT. Nothing guessed right, so I didn't get any credits. But you have to watch the finals to get the cars, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its 11th and I didn't get any of the VGT. Nothing guessed right, so I didn't get any credits. But you have to watch the finals to get the cars, right?
Yes, you have to [had to?] watch the stream in game (at any point while it was open to do so) for like three seconds and that would count.

As far as when the cars will drop? Today at some point...

Yes, you have to [had to?] watch the stream in game (at any point while it was open to do so) for like three seconds and that would count.

As far as when the cars will drop? Today at some point...

I did 'cause I wanted free cars🤪
I clicked on the blue button in the game, and it turned grey, with the message that I've participated.
Maybe on 7PM(CET)?

Last edited:
same here!👍👍

guys just in case cause I know many of you like to collect them and open your tickets once a month or whatever, for this one you have 2 weeks to claim your prize before it expires.

View attachment 1309372
Congratulations, guys! Lucky you! As for me, it is strange that I have not received my ticket for the correct prediction (Spain) yet :(. I am writing this on the 15th of December.

Back