Gran Turismo World Series Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 335 comments
In my personal opinion. Cheating is gaining an advantage by performing an illegal manoeuvre at the detriment of another driver. That's exactly what that was. Read the room. People are saying the penalty should have been harsher than 1 sec. Bad sportsmanship and cheating are 2 sides of the same coin.

How about you actually read my comment (Where I didn't say they shouldn't have given them a penalty and actually acknowledged the lousy stewarding) before telling me to "read the room"?.I see a bunch of people who not only ignored the massive gap when the penalty was applied but also missed then part where they only got the podium Because of the crash ahead, meaning they were on course to NOT have the podium until the BMW decided to apply the old Senna Logic on the last lap. That wasn't cheating, that was getting lucky. Just like that moronic orc Mazapin got lucky this weekend at Sepang, these folks got lucky here.

Last edited:
I don't think the Genesis driver punted Lambo on purpose. The track was drying and the pit exit was still wet so they just mis-judged it.

I'd say cheating is a deliberate act, and what happened wasn't (in my opinion). A 1 second penalty did seem extremely lenient, given the incident broke 2 of the published rules.

Screenshot_20231203-132603_YouTube.jpg

No penalty for Genesis was going to help Lamborghini though. Their race was over, and I was gutted for them. Getting that handful of a car into contention for a win was remarkable.

Last edited:
I don't think the Genesis driver punted Lambo on purpose. The track was drying and the pit exit was still wet so they just mis-judged it.

I'd say cheating is a deliberate act, and what happened wasn't (in my opinion). A 1 second penalty did seem extremely lenient, given the incident broke 2 of the published rules.

View attachment 1308783

No penalty for Genesis was going to help Lamborghini though. Their race was over, and I was gutted for them. Getting that handful of a car into contention for a win was remarkable.
Well, I can only judge the punt by what my eyes witnessed. The speed of the collision suggested there was little, to no braking at all. You can't confidently say it wasn't deliberate, without seeing the telemetry. So I think we'll agree to disagree.

Well, I can only judge the punt by what my eyes witnessed. The speed of the collision suggested there was little, to no braking at all. You can't confidently say it wasn't deliberate, without seeing the telemetry. So I think we'll agree to disagree.
I agree to disagree but you can see they're on the wet part of the track on slick tyres. Not an excuse but if the car aqua planed it wouldn't have been slowing down.
Conversely, without telemetry you can't confidently say he did it on purpose.
Personally I think if you're going to accuse someone of deliberately cheating you need some solid proof, but as you say, we're not going to agree on that.

I don't think it was deliberate. I think it was a brain fart.
On a lot of the single player races where rain is a factor, going full throttle out of the pit on a fresh slick on a mostly very wet pit exit lane will cause the car to break loose.

Try the LeMans 700 grind and speed out of the pit on your slicks. You will see....

I say it was a brain fart because at this level of drivers, they should have thought about that.

I am wondering if Gran Turismo is contracted to do this event in this style and has no choice until the term expires because they should be putting on a show that promotes how good Gran Turismo is, which is in VR. This current setup does not appeal to me, and I have seen now for a brief second the drivers seem to be using the view which doesnt show any car interior which cost Polyphony Digital huge sums of money to create. This event has potential to be interesting to me in the future when hopefully the drivers are in VR, driving rather than playing a 2d game. I am optimistic it will happen.

Last edited:
I am wondering if Gran Turismo is contracted to do this event in this style and has no choice until the term expires because they should be putting on a show that promotes how good Gran Turismo is, which is in VR. This current setup does not appeal to me, and I have seen now for a brief second the drivers seem to be using the view which doesnt show any car interior which cost Polyphony Digital huge sums of money to create. This event has potential to be interesting to me in the future when hopefully the drivers are in VR, driving rather than playing a 2d game. I am optimistic it will happen.
The drivers get to choose their race view.

I assume they are not using VR because you can’t see the whole face during close ups during the race. And on a personal note, I wouldn’t want to use VR there because of all the lines still in my face for the after race interviews….

I just doomed the front two by taking Brazil on the GTP account and Spain on the Plus account. They're also the cars on softs.

Italy went from mediums to softs on lap 6, France/Malaysia/Netherlands/US from hards to mediums on lap 6, New Zealand from hards to softs on lap 6, Japan/Canada/Belgium/Chile from mediums to hards on lap 7. Spain/Brazil still on softs after lap 8.

Spain/Brazil pit on lap 9, Brazil to hards, Spain to mediums, with Brazil out first with a short fill of fuel.

Spain back to the front the middle of lap 11.

US onto the softs on lap 12.

After 13 laps, Spain (on mediums, still need hards) up 2.9 secons on Italy (on softs, still need hards), 4.9 seconds on Brazil (on hards, still need mediums). Japan, France, Chile, Belgium, Canada, Netherlands, Malaysia all pitting for softs.

Brazil pitting for lap 15 for mediums, out 8 seconds on Japan. New Zealand is 3rd, but they still need to stop for mediums.

Spain and Italy pit for hards on lap 16. New Zealand in for mediums. Spain out 15 seconds ahead of Brazil (on mediums), 21 seconds ahead of Japan (on hards).

US takes out Canada and Malaysia at the back of the field on lap 18, gets 4-second penalty.

After lap 18, Spain still 10+ seconds up on Brazil (3rd), 12 seconds up on Japan (4th), as Brazil and Japan close in on Italy.

There goes my GTP pick as Japan gets by Brazil for 4th on lap 20. Japan still 3 seconds behind Italy and 9 seconds behind Spain.

Japan up to 2nd, but Spain still over 6 seconds ahead headed to the final lap.

Last edited:
Spain wins the final race and the Nations Cup. Japan 2nd in both the race and standings. Brazil's 4th in the final race is good enough for an overall podium.

Man, might as well have been Spain winning the world cup with the energy I'm hearing down there.

Spain too good, well deserved win!

Damn, I didn't get a single prediction right :lol:
Meanwhile, I should have doubled up on Spain. That Plus account prediction was the only one I got right, though I missed out by only 1 (and 3) spots Friday.

As usual here are the viewing stats:
  • Total peak 21 150 *
  • Main peak 7 500 *
  • All feeds over 1 100 viewers *
  • ONLY German and PS feeds didn't break their previous records!
  • Japanese feed had a huge influx of viewers and peaked on lap 19 of the Grand Final (+600 viewers compared to lap 18, +300 compared to lap 20)
  • At their highest French and Italian feeds were separated by just 9 viewers
* Highest since I started tracking

Edit:
Corrected total peak (was 1k too low)
Added stats

Last edited:
We are the best team. No doubts about it. Back to back championship for the best team in terms of race pace and also performance: we were forced to make a comeback after race 2, with Josete's epic overtakes and Coque's epic movement in Catalunya against Japan, Chile and Italy. I also feel the best community won: we are the country with most quantity of GT teams.

Will send some videos I recorded from the stands tomorrow.

I really liked the Nations Cup set up.

Also, way to go Spain! I picked them before the events this weekend started, just had the best line up of drivers and knew it was a good bet.

First and only correct pick. :lol:

Serrano had a great recovery in Race 2 that I'm sure helped save the team's effort going forward.

Back