Gran Turismo World Series Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 335 comments
I predicted Spain for today and didn't get the in game credits or gift, same thing for my son.

IMG_0941.jpeg

Anybody else hade the same issue or is there a delay before you get reward?

Last edited:
thanks for your reply, I appreciate.

I went back and looked again at the contest rules and it says it should appear in the gift section right after the event had ended...logged in and out twice but nothing in the gift section yet.

Last edited:
thanks for your reply, I appreciate.

I went back and looked again at the contest rules and it says it should appear in the gift section right after the event had ended...logged in and out twice but nothing in the gift section yet.
It will be available later…

New-ish player and I watched all of these for the first time.

I enjoyed all of them, but I thought the manufacturers races (especially the last one) were the best. I was supporting Honda, so very disappointed by the finish. Great race though.

Good for Spain, and good for me as I finally guessed one right!

I wish they'd use something other than the RB cars for the final Nations race, but it was entertaining none-the-less.
Of all the three parts of the PTW campaign this year, I had the exact same above result. Congrats to the winners of the GTWS this year, espcially Spain at the Nations Cup.

Also won with Spain. At first I was watching hoping my picks would win but with the unproven new star Pol Urra and Nissan coming out of nowhere 1 out of 3 ain't bad, and I don't mind when the racing was this good. More rewarding than credits.

And avoiding the NFL. Unlike the Friday/Saturday streams, this one looks to wrap up before the early kickoffs.
The Manufacturer's Cup aired the same time as the Big 12 gridiron football championship. Oklahoma State has a small but loyal fan base and can mix it up pretty well in conference play. University of Texas is massively popular.

I watched the Manufacturer's Cup. My only thought is on the Lambo bump: if you're about to rear end someone, tweak your driving line a bit to avoid it, even if it takes you off the track.

And the Pro-Am race

Just as a quick FYI, anyone you don't recognise with a Spanish flag is an esports competitor (particularly the 12-year old, who is managed by Fordzilla)...

... and boost was on maximum bungee. The guy in last in my race set the fastest lap on the last lap, six seconds faster than I did in qualifying - and I was nine seconds faster in qualifying than him.

It was carnage too, and my best collision avoidance, from that ****ing Supra, isn't even on the stream.

1 second penalty for a 45 minutes total time race ! Ok ! Romero Spanish driver in Spain . Lamborghini leading losing 5 position after the bump and finish last. Penalty not fair at all in my opinion.

4 seconds penalty for a 10 minutes total time race. Now spanish driver now bumped by italian , losing 6 positions but finish 4 pos and italian at 5 pos after paying a fair penalty applied.

Last edited:
1 second penalty for a 45 minutes total time race ! Ok ! Romero Spanish driver in Spain . Lamborghini leading losing 5 position after the bump and finish last. Penalty not fair at all in my opinion.

Crappy stewards being crappy stewards. What else is new in 2023?

There's a difference between a wet pit exit, where basically everyone has made a mistake at one point or another (did you whiners even do the Manufacturer's Cup race here...?), and someone intentionally going for a move.

There's a difference between a wet pit exit, where basically everyone has made a mistake at one point or another (did you whiners even do the Manufacturer's Cup race here...?), and someone intentionally going for a move.
1) These are the best GT players in the world, for all intents and purposes. They aren't scrubs like the rest of us. Guaranteed they are more than familiar with a wet pit lane exit.
2) Mistakes do happen and they need to be penalized accordingly, which it wasn't. It doesn't matter if it was intentional or not. The fact it was an accident will be of little solace to the Lamborghini team as that error by Genesis cost Lamborghini big time.

It only now just occurred to me that its been whole years since we've seen the following makes in ANY World Tour races:

Ferrari: I feel like they just simply have NONE of the fast guys and the car being shocking AND old doesn't help.
Audi: I feel like them even being present was mostly carried by the sheer determination of @Tidgney and much like Audi Sport in Real life, they might as well not exist ever since he hasn't competed.
Alfa Romeo: I seriously cannot recall the last time Alfa was even in a World final, hell I don't even remember if they ever were in a World Final period.
Jaguar: As is the case with Alfa, I cannot recall the last time they even were in a final, if at all even.
Peugeot: I recall them during the GT Sport time, but Genuinely can't recall this happening ever since.
Apologies, forgot to respond to this! Audi won't make a world finals unless there's no Gr.4 races, but even then the Gr.3 cars need the perfect combos to be up there. I was determined as anything to do it in GT Sport, but alas racing for fun now but would love to see Audi compete.

Apologies, forgot to respond to this! Audi won't make a world finals unless there's no Gr.4 races, but even then the Gr.3 cars need the perfect combos to be up there. I was determined as anything to do it in GT Sport, but alas racing for fun now but would love to see Audi compete.
Sorry to belabor the point @Tidgney, but I have to ask: is there any way for more manufactures to be able to qualify for these Grand Finals, and up to ~16 car grids like in the days of GT Sport? Is it rig limitations, hardware issues, just having a hard cutoff,etc.?

Back