Gran Turismo World Series Showdown Preview: Dutch Courage

• Thread starter Famine
  • 206 comments
I too won with Spain, but WHEN will I get my winnings?
Swipe Up Look Here GIF by UFC

Bonus Details
1,000,000 Credits (a total of 2,000,000 Credits will be delivered to those who correctly predict the winners of both the Manufacturers Cup and the Nations Cup).

■ How to Enter
Select the 'BONUS Campaign' banner displayed in the top right corner of the World Map in-game and pick the teams that you think will be victorious.

■ Entry Period
Entries can be submitted up to the point that the relevant Grand Final race broadcast starts.
As such, you can watch the outcome of the qualifying session before the Grand Final before making your decision.

■ Reward Delivery
・Monday, 14 August 11:00 (UTC) / Monday, 14 August 4:00 (PDT) / Monday, 14 August 20:00 (JST)

Yep, won 1M credits with Spain for the Nations cup. I forgot the 11th was a Friday but caught the live stream on YT of the Manufacturer's cup. Seeing how strong the Porsche group was on those last few laps I felt the Spaniards had their game locked in, so that was an easy choice.

I never would have guessed Porsche to win the Manufacturer's cup so I don't really care that I didn't get a pick in on time. The meta seems to be the Toyota and possibly McLaren, but Porsche seems to have been BOPed too low. I guess it goes to show that it's more about the driver than it is about the car.

Last edited:
Congratulations Serrano, it was your weekend. Brutal recovery in the first round in the Porsche, helped a bit by the many incidents and penalties.
In the second round they were the best team. #flyPorsche #flySpain

What a tremendous performance from team Spain yesterday. Pol Urra's 12 lap stint with softs and full tank of fuel was really impressive

I will rewatch since I was with one eye on my phone (with almost no sound) and the other on my naughty daughter. At the beginning I didn't like it very much, compared to real racing the cars movement looked weird and stiff (?!) but after a few laps I think I got into it and it didn't bother me that much. Some POVs -like cockpit- looked much better than others.

Nonetheless, a good race and a good million earned since I voted for them countrymates. Serrano was the MVP of the weekend and I wish I voted Porsche too (I did Toyota).

Btw, I couldn't watch using my PS because I'm on a road trip but I still get the ambulance rewatching it at a later date, right?

This morning, the Nations Cup finals will be aired, as well. 👍
Felt awful for Team Malaysia forgetting to change tires on their first stop :dunce: They probably weren't going to be competitive (almost got lapped by the end) but taking themselves out on lap 8 sucks.

They commentators kept talking about cooling off the inters in the wet patches as the dry line appeared, but I don't think I really saw anyone doing that. I know it's a thing in real life, but is it a thing in GT7?

What a tremendous performance from team Spain yesterday. Pol Urra's 12 lap stint with softs and full tank of fuel was really impressive
Yep... All the Team Spain drivers did an excellent job, but it was Pol Urra's first stint where he pulled out nearly 17 seconds over the rest of the field on the soft tyres that bought them the massive lead that they never lost. He should have been their nominee for DOTD.

It's pretty clear that these guys are the fastest drivers in the game, but they are definitely are not the cleanest. As others have mentioned, heavy damage would clear up a lot of the reckless driving we witnessed in the race. Overall, it was a good spectacle, but if you're not a GT fan and new to the world of sim racing, it probably wasn't the best advertisement for sportsmanship.
Kinda disagree on that even if its not realistic.

If heavy damage was on people would complain about the lack of action and overtaking attempts.
And with heavy damage on someone can ram another car and ruin his race, its better to not have such damage enabled and handle penalties for the people who cause collisions so only they get penalized the most and not the victims.

This is racing, there's always going to be non-gentleman racers who do naugthy moves, its like trying to eliminate fouls out of football, impossible

Imo they should alter between nations only format and best driver wins format 🤔. 2024 drivers again, 2025 nations etc.

Last edited:
Kinda disagree on that even if its not realistic.

If heavy damage was on people would complain about the lack of action and overtaking attempts.
And with heavy damage on someone can ram another car and ruin his race, its better to not have such damage enabled and handle penalties for the people who cause collisions so only they get penalized the most and not the victims.

This is racing, there's always going to be non-gentleman racers who do naugthy moves, its like trying to eliminate fouls out of football, impossible
I'm not saying they will eliminate dirty driving out of online racing. If a player fouls someone in a football match, they get a warning, or a yellow/ red card, depending on the severity of the foul. Maybe they should introduce that system to GT7 where dirty drivers get a warning/flag system, and then a black flag which ejects them from the race if they consistently abuse other drivers. Something needs to be done, as it's killing Sport Mode. When you see the best drivers in the game driving so recklessly in a world final, it pretty much sums up the mentality of online racers at present. Only 2% of the player base play in sport mode. That number will decrease if drivers feel its an unfair environment. If PD want to prevent the online part of their game from dying, then drastic changes need to be made, on the sportsmanship side of racing. This is obviously just my opinion.

Last edited:
What i don't understand is that it used to be better,at least in the front row
I remember in the Fraga era,there were some really close battles and you could say Fraga being a real life driver helped but Latkovski and Hizal were also really good.
On the controller vs wheel,i remember there being a driver that also only played on controller before the events and he did alright with the wheel,i wouldn't blame the Dualshock players just yet.
NOT Jay O’Dowd

Back