Gran Turismo World Series Showdown Preview: Dutch Courage

• Thread starter Famine
  • 206 comments
That was such an exciting race, start to finish. Scrappy in places but overall top notch entertainment. I voted for Subaru so you can imagine the tension at the end watching Sorrento carving out chunks out of the lead Subaru had. Looking forward to this evening's

Had my vote on Subaru and was looking good until the end 🥹.

Enjoyable action yesterday, while I agree there was a bit too much contact, especially early on in such a long race. Serrano was amazing on that last stint, flawless driving by the Spaniard!

Production values through the roof as usual, and happy there were no technical issues of any sort to disrupt the flow, which has happen on a few occasions and is always a possibility in live events.

I loved the weather implimentation, and the time of day transition, absolutely gorgeous, showcasing the game really well. The scenes in the latter stages, with a drying track in the sun, and ending on a golden sky closing to sunset .. top notch!

However, I wish we can have this type of slower weather transition in lobbies and custom races. Weather always seems to move way too fast, that the chance for a partially wet circuit like happened in Manufacturers yesterday, doesn't really happen. The speed of the weather kinda makes the zoomed radar levels pointless, while yesterday it proved useful. The radar displayed in the broadcast was the furthest zoomed in, and it took a while for the weather to pass the area, unlike what we get in lobbies/custom race. If the weather moved slower, a slot of rain would also last a bit longer, making more of a impact.

Anyway, I'm excited for today's program. Looking forward to see the new teams format in Nations unfold, voted for France so hope they can collect the 1mil for me, while secretly rooting for Brazil as I've been in camp Fraga ever since the first ever live event in GT Sport 😁. Carazza is just a bit too much of a wildcard, so France I felt is a safer bet. Also, apparently, there just might be a chance for some surprises to be seen in terms of content(?). Won't catch today's stream live so going to need to mute my socials until later tonight after I've watched 😁

Always love the GTWS weekends. Great production values, love the trio of Julia, Tom and Jimmy, and the racing is mostly great fun to watch!

Bring it on! 🏁🥳

Last edited:
One thing I kind of wish they'd do that would make commentary better is name some of the corners on the fictional tracks. "Turn 6" is the downward hairpin overlooking the sea for example, but I'd always have to count corners to get to 6 and figure it out (and remember that the left kink at the start counts as a corner).

What's the point of the translator here? She asks questions in English, translator translates to French, driver answers back in English 😂

Where did this race go?

Screenshot_20230812-144848-437.png

What's the point of the translator here? She asks questions in English, translator translates to French, driver answers back in English 😂
It's sometimes hard, with some accents (Julia's is not-quite Estuary), for people who don't natively speak the language to translate what someone else is saying - and easier to translate your own thoughts.

Personally I find both a chore and prefer to read it :D

Back