Gran Turismo World Series Showdown Preview: Dutch Courage

• Thread starter Famine
  • 206 comments
Today's viewing figures (missed quali and race start so only peaks for today):
  • YT feeds combined peak 15 450 (Manufacturers 13 200, last year's World Finals (Nations Cup) 17 500)
  • Main peak 5723 (Manufacturers 5 141, World Finals 5 800)
  • All feeds over 700
  • Main, Spanish, Portuguese and PlayStation feeds peaked during the final lap
  • French feed dropped by 40-50 viewers after Kylian's crash
  • Additional ~ 1200 viewers on Twitch (PlayStation, PlayStationES, PlayStationFR, GranTurismoOfficial)

Last edited:
Serrano the GOAT
Some good racing,definetly washed some of the comedy from yesterday.
But please more rain racing in these events. It was nice to finally see a rain race in Suzuka i always forget it has rain available in GT7

These events have taken a big step down. I hugely looked forward to the events in 2018 - 2020 and they were packed with racing. Now we fly everyone out for a weekend with a grand total of 3 races, and the Nations Cup is now functionally the same as the Manufacturer's with the same Red Bull machines 5 years running now. One positive is that we seems to have minimum stints on hard tires so that we lose the 1 lap hard stints finally. I love these events but I really wish they were more substantial.

Also baffled by France's choice to take a slower tire and get caught up in traffic instead of hotlapping to the win like Spain. Has starting on softs from the pole backfired yet? I've got to run 700pp Le Mans twice over now because of that so I'm saltier than I would be usually but it's hard to look at any point of the final without seeing France in some kind of bad position as a result of that choice.

Cool car selection.
I'm watching the qualy race now and indeed the car selection is so cool that is looking like an actual event you could find in any GT game

HU1VG9q.png

I'm really, really, really curious about the setup for each of those cars!

These events have taken a big step down. I hugely looked forward to the events in 2018 - 2020 and they were packed with racing. Now we fly everyone out for a weekend with a grand total of 3 races, and the Nations Cup is now functionally the same as the Manufacturer's with the same Red Bull machines 5 years running now. One positive is that we seems to have minimum stints on hard tires so that we lose the 1 lap hard stints finally. I love these events but I really wish they were more substantial.

Also baffled by France's choice to take a slower tire and get caught up in traffic instead of hotlapping to the win like Spain. Has starting on softs from the pole backfired yet? I've got to run 700pp Le Mans twice over now because of that so I'm saltier than I would be usually but it's hard to look at any point of the final without seeing France in some kind of bad position as a result of that choice.
People complained for years about the sprint format for races,i remember.
There is nothing wrong with the longer races,they just need to,in my opinion, be set on tracks that have a full day cycle.Maggiore is kinda boring for that.

i think we saw an awesome race thats whats most important and where the focus should be on. Yesterday we saw a experiment with weather. Which worked out well. time of day or the cycle will be the least important for making an event enjoyable to watch, imho.

Last edited:
I'm watching the qualy race now and indeed the car selection is so cool that is looking like an actual event you could find in any GT game

HU1VG9q.png

I'm really, really, really curious about the setup for each of those cars!
This event & car selection should be part of Sport mode for the coming weeks. They could even make these specific car tunes available to purchase for those who want to do custom lobbies or use them in single-player. So much time, effort and money is being put into events only the top 1% of players can enjoy. The rest of us are saying "Yeah, those are some really cool cars. Why can't I use them in-game?"

The GTWS events themselves are fine. Professionally put together, good racing, entertaining. But those earlier events where extra special because PD debuted new content. Some of it was leaked beforehand, but at the very least PD should have something to show to the wider watching audience. Even if it's only a trailer.

I understand why the Red Bull is used for these finals. But again, could PD not shake it up a little bit? Every event is becoming a bit samey. PD must have so many generic prototype or single-seater designs they could use. Without any worry about licensing. Heck, they could even use a generic NASCAR built to G56 spec (the car that ran at Le Mans). How cool would that be for the watching audience and the GTWS finalists?

This event & car selection should be part of Sport mode for the coming weeks. They could even make these specific car tunes available to purchase for those who want to do custom lobbies or use them in single-player. So much time, effort and money is being put into events only the top 1% of players can enjoy. The rest of us are saying "Yeah, those are some really cool cars. Why can't I use them in-game?"

The GTWS events themselves are fine. Professionally put together, good racing, entertaining. But those earlier events where extra special because PD debuted new content. Some of it was leaked beforehand, but at the very least PD should have something to show to the wider watching audience. Even if it's only a trailer.

I understand why the Red Bull is used for these finals. But again, could PD not shake it up a little bit? Every event is becoming a bit samey. PD must have so many generic prototype or single-seater designs they could use. Without any worry about licensing. Heck, they could even use a generic NASCAR built to G56 spec (the car that ran at Le Mans). How cool would that be for the watching audience and the GTWS finalists?
Those cars are prime material for shuffle racing.

Anybody know when the predictions winners will receive their Cr. reward in the garage?
I voted for Spain in Nations Cup and AMG in Manufacturers Cup so I got one them right.

I didn't like the new format.

I've learned to see only one pilot on the top step of the podium in Formula 1, and I would like Gran Turismo to continue with this traditional pattern.

But I liked the Show itself, and of course congratulate Coque López, Jose Serrano and Paul Urra. :cheers:

Congrats to our Galaxy Trio: Julia, Tom & Jimmy! :cheers:

And congrats to GTPlanet for the great coverage! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
It was great to be there in the room! They really put on a show with audio and visual effects that were no less than spectacular. Kaz being there, Jordan and the GT Planet members, Super GT, Rory, .... it felt like coming home. 😉

I did like the format. It made for a lot of cheering for your country. I do agree that they should ALSO keep the single driver championship.

I would like that the liveries used in the GTWS were available to everyone.
It's true that some people recreate and share them, but it would not cost anything to PD to add them in an update.

I remember that for the 25th anniversary some liveries could be downloaded.

I didn't like the new format.

I've learned to see only one pilot on the top step of the podium in Formula 1, and I would like Gran Turismo to continue with this traditional pattern.

But I liked the Show itself, and of course congratulate Coque López, Jose Serrano and Paul Urra. :cheers:

Congrats to our Galaxy Trio: Julia, Tom & Jimmy! :cheers:

And congrats to GTPlanet for the great coverage! :gtpflag:
It was nice to see Carraza and Fraga again but this time as teammates,they always felt like No1. No.2 drivers for the same country and they were there since the beginning.

Back