Grand Theft Auto IV

The trailer won't load for me, page keeps gicing errors :ouch:
Edit, why does the clock above my post have the wrong time? its an hour slow

What time is it released in BST?

You know they speak English in Ireland, right?

Did i suggest at all that they don't? Most people can't speak proper english for all the junk slang they use. Very annoying. As you see its hard for someone just to tell someone else that they appreciate them using proper english these days.

ok... just watched the trailer and i kinda dont look forward to that. GTA:Le noire!
If the graphic is like in the trailer, i'm impressed 👍 but it will take time to get me used to that.

i have to see some more trailers from the game to get a better impression of it. But for now, i have to say, its not the type i'd expected it to be :S

Last I heard RockStar's LA Noire is not GTA.

This was even discussed near the start of this thread (post 11 and below).

Bet they're getting hurrendous bandwidth problems at the moment. The trailer won't load here either...

I can't see nothing. The page isn't even loading, and when it does it says I need Macromedia Flash 8, although I have it installed already...

Wiki is saying the trailer shows Liberty city, I still can't get anything to load... Why is the time stamp for all the posts as I see them an hour behind, according to my clocks, the trailer should have been released an hour ago and it's now about 6:15

Wiki is saying the trailer shows Liberty city, I still can't get anything to load... Why is the time stamp for all the posts as I see them an hour behind, according to my clocks, the trailer should have been released an hour ago and it's now about 6:15
Go to your profile and fix it. GTP shows the time you chose it to show.

SLOWLY getting there. I can see the flash player, but it isn't downloading anything...

You would at least expect them to be a LITTLE prepared...

I guess GTP's clock wasn't updated when congress had the brilliant idea to move Daylight Savings Time up a few weeks.

Here you can find the trailer :)
EDIT: aargh, 2 minutes... ;)
Thanks!

Yup, Liberty City...

Didn't think much of the trailer though (cheesy?), but it does look good.

Btw - torrent finished, and confirmed it is the real thing too. :)

Edit: Not sure if it looks any better than Saints Row at this stage, but I'm sure it'll improve.

Yeah just watched the trailer on YouTube. Disappointed to see New York (doesn't look like just Liberty City, there's more real things in there) but i strongly believe R* will unleash something insane like more locations/cities in more countries.

[edit]

Just watched it again in 720p. The boat that he says "smuggled people" over has Liberty City on the back. So could well be LC again.

Is that a roller coaster near the start behind the blue convertible?

There's a poster for a film called "I slept with your mom" :lol:

The car's all look really nicely detailed, with proper 3d wheels 👍

Wow, the trailer looks sweet, the character sounds awesome, and I just saw a Sprunk banner haha!

Haha, I just watched the trailer again with no sound but with the sopranos theme song playing in the background, definately matches the trailer better!
Can't say I did, where was it?
Beside the Sprunk banner in the shot with all the advertisements.

trailer looks good but I cant get the speakers on this stupid work computer to make any noise so I'm going to have to wait to hear whats going on until I get home... That blue car looks kinda like an slk (I cant help trying to identify the cars I see) Should we get this thread moved into the PS3 forum since it will probably get a fair amount of traffic now?

:lol: Oh yeah, I see it now. A giant inflatable shark, I was looking at all the water shots.

well it looks like this is definitely LC and not NYC, however it also seems that this will be more of an exact replica of the entire city unlike the old LC which is just a general representation. I could definately accept that since theres potential for a lot of detail and an area almost as big as the skewed scale of SA. central park, liberty island, all have a chance to be represented if R* goes all out on this one.
you can clearly see the chrysler building and what looks to be the flat iron building all along with the things that say Liberty City

Yeah just watched the trailer on YouTube. Disappointed to see New York (doesn't look like just Liberty City, there's more real things in there).

Well, that's because LC is supposed to be like New York. Stauton Island was even a real place from New York. And this Liberty City now has everything it needs. Rumors are it will also be bigger than the original LC.

Don't forget, we're also in the present while GTA III was more late 90's.

But I am totally SIKED! It looks amazing, Half-Life 2-amazing. I noticed that there seems the game will be running a LOT of people on the streets at once, but it was just amazing.
well it looks like this is definitely LC and not NYC, however it also seems that this will be more of an exact replica of the entire city unlike the old LC which is just a general representation. I could definately accept that since theres potential for a lot of detail and an area almost as big as the skewed scale of SA. central park, liberty island, all have a chance to be represented if R* goes all out on this one.
you can clearly see the chrysler building and what looks to be the flat iron building all along with the things that say Liberty (I havent actually noticed the words Liberty City together yet but...)

LC "is" New York City, so we're getting a New York anyways. I am excitied though to return to NYC. Miami was ok, but it got old. It felt like it was scrunched up. There wasn't really a "downtown" or "Nice neighborhood" like LC achieved in GTAIII. San Andreas did a better job, but again, I got a little old of the feeling. So, it'll be nice to return "home."

LC "is" New York City, so we're getting a New York anyways. I am excitied though to return to NYC. Miami was ok, but it got old. It felt like it was scrunched up. There wasn't really a "downtown" or "Nice neighborhood" like LC achieved in GTAIII. San Andreas did a better job, but again, I got a little old of the feeling. So, it'll be nice to return "home."

True, but LC before lacked a fair amount of what NY had, mostly size and major landmarks, I imagine that even though this LC will be much more like NYC than before, the layout will still be noticably different such as landmark/island placement. However I could be wrong and R* could just recreated NYC almost street by street and slap the Liberty City on at the end. Either way with the level of detail these two platforms are capable of (shown to some extent in the trailer) I think we will be impressed.

True, but LC before lacked a fair amount of what NY had, mostly size and major landmarks, I imagine that even though this LC will be much more like NYC than before, the layout will still be noticably different such as landmark/island placement. However I could be wrong and R* could just recreated NYC almost street by street and slap the Liberty City on at the end. Either way with the level of detail these two platforms are capable of (shown to some extent in the trailer) I think we will be impressed.

I do agree with you there. I don't think anyone who has played GTAIII to death will still be able to know where to go on their own. As you said, GTAIII was a general view of NYC without the actual NYC. I recognized the Portland Subway station and that was it. Everything else looked completely new.

I did wonder though when the time frame was being sped up if they intentionally left night time views out.

It's only a teaser, but it looks pretty cool. Nice to see those next-gen graphics in a GTA game. I wonder what the central character's background is - I'm gonna guess Russian mafia dude who gets into trouble, flees to America to live a new life but gets sucked back into a life of crime including coming up against his previous Russian crime boss. 20 bucks says I'm right!

It doesn't look like a rehash of the old Liberty City with fancy graphics either. I bet it's several times larger and with a brand new street layout, but with the same general areas in the same place and with the same district names.

I hope there's some GTAIII characters take part just for nostalgia's sake.

Stauton Island was even a real place from New York.
There's a Staten Island in New York, is that what you're thinking of?

KM.

Just saw it, It is jaw-dropping!

I like the new Liberty City, now it looks more like New York, which is a good thing.

It will be intresting to play as a middle-eastern guy this time instead of an american guy. If you think about it you won't have that annoying "Heya..Homie." that SA had.

Has anyone noticed... that in the part where it shows peds,2 taxi's,cars and ad's that there is an ad which is dark and has a convertible car's top half outline showing, mercedes style. Perhaps the 2007 Murdercedes-Killz JTK (my little parody on a Mercedes-Benz SLK)
Can anyone tell what the JTK in my SLK parody stands for?

I can tell it is set in 2007 because of the cars, the peds and the ad's look modern.

It's going to be a great and amazing game.

*Citrus runs to Rockstar's Office*
"Rockstar, can i test GTA IV for you? Please, please ,please, pleeaaaasssssseeeeee."

nostalgia's sake.
There's a Staten Island in New York, is that what you're thinking of?

KM.

You would be correct, sir. :)

This game has def. become the buzz of the internet.

I'm surprised though, that the members at GTAForums are pissed because it's Liberty City. Wouldn't they be the first to tell this won't be in the same essence as GTA3?

Back