Grand Theft Auto IV

OK, I know bragging is wrong but I just waned to say that last night I finally got LVL 10 Wanted and Platinum trophy :)

In term of time
~ 1067 games won
~ 400 games lost which is about 1 600 000 .... worth play time - about 20h ...
that's the price you pay for playing with random people :/

Fun stuff only came in during last few games - I was as almost usually the pilot, HS 16th player in the money earned ranking was the shooter (got lucky having him in a team considering I played random games) and there was some 3rd dude who had lvl8 but either didn't know what to do or was just trying to waste our time - he was only going for the motorcycle and to helicopters, once he was riding a motorcycle head down - total ROTFL :)

Oh and one more thing apart from HS very fast time cheat I have once seen some interesting stuff - some other player was a pilot and after taking Petrovic, me and some 3rd player, he flew underground and finished mission from underground/going up the ground again - the problem is, once I entered the helicopter I went to PS3 menu to write him a message that I would like to be a pilot (sic!) and I only have seen that going underground has something to do with the factory buildings on the left side - right after take-off - he didn't want to show it to me again :/

For a week now I have managed a win on every possible mode and variation of race (and yes each was done after the first patch) and yet still no trophy. I want to cry after all that effort for nothing. :nervous:

PS: If anyone wants to see dedication, the guy at the top of the leaderboards (overall) for Hangman's Noose played for 4-6 months @ 22hrs per day. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Anyone keen to help boost me in one session for one last trophy- the Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic? It would be beyond appreciation.

been playing this off and on for a little bit now and I've only got 1 gripe with it: wtf is up with the ultra serious storyling? Since when does GTA have a serious story? Most GTA's I've played have had a satirical storyline that essentially made fun of whatever business your character was into. 3 and Vice City were making fun of the mafia, same with LC and VC stories. SA was making fun of the gangster lifestyle. I thought IV would make fun of the imigrant lifestyle, but it doesn't. It's about this guy who did and saw some messed up crap in the military and is now in LC fighting another war with all sorts of serious messages in it. I mean, the story is good and all, but when did GTA get all serious?

been playing this off and on for a little bit now and I've only got 1 gripe with it: wtf is up with the ultra serious storyling? Since when does GTA have a serious story? Most GTA's I've played have had a satirical storyline that essentially made fun of whatever business your character was into. 3 and Vice City were making fun of the mafia, same with LC and VC stories. SA was making fun of the gangster lifestyle. I thought IV would make fun of the imigrant lifestyle, but it doesn't. It's about this guy who did and saw some messed up crap in the military and is now in LC fighting another war with all sorts of serious messages in it. I mean, the story is good and all, but when did GTA get all serious?

I liked the storyline...that one man, who can actually reach his goal. It has it's totally stupid moments (for some reason, that made me think of Brucie head-butting the wall :lol:) but for once Rockstar decided to really depict it. And the storyline does draw you in; every time I use a new gamesave I learn something new about Niko. It might be serious, but when you think about who Niko is, he's a no-bullcrap kind of guy. Now Roman, well he like the women. And gambling.

Now what did I think of the game? Great. Good to see you're not a mafia character, instead he's a troubled guy trying to make a name for himself in a city where most are torn down. Gameplay is phenomenal, although not having the wicked crazy cheats makes it less fun. (Who doesn't love flying cars?) The radio is okay, I've come to enjoy Vladivostok FM, and I can stand the PLR, WKTT, and especially the Integrity 2.0 (the guys name is actually Lazlow. No last name.) After the game, there's still fun to have, all the side stuff (except the 200PIGEONS! Grr.) And then playing with PAckie's bombs and the cops and all that stuff. I've found that the best time your playing the game is when your firing rounds off. It seems I almost have M4-firing Syndrome, so I have to continue going on rampages. Luckily, the Police Computers have helped me a bit. And the choice of cars! But no tanks, go-karts, and what happened to the BF Injection? That thing's like a GTA original! I think GTA cleaned its slate with IV, the III series had a very good run (think how insanely incredible and time-consumingly amazing it is.) Hopefully San ANdreas does come back (please, though don't remodel it. That's my 2 cents.

But no tanks, go-karts, and what happened to the BF Injection?

...Unless you get The Ballad Of Gay Tony expansion...

gtnewshots_inline_1255430228.jpg

Cannons and all.

...Unless you get The Ballad Of Gay Tony expansion...

gtnewshots_inline_1255430228.jpg

Cannons and all.

Yeah I have that but it's not the same. It doesn't feel like a tank. Cause it can still blow up easily if you keep firing the cannon at stuff running into you.

Yeah I have that but it's not the same. It doesn't feel like a tank. Cause it can still blow up easily if you keep firing the cannon at stuff running into you.

You're right, because it's more of an APC then a tank.👍

One of the newest additions to my PS3 collection is Grand Theft Auto 4. For right now, this experience is MUCH different from the GTA games between "GTA3" and "GTA: Vice City Stories." I've only done two missions. Maybe I'm not really into GTA4 as much because I'm still getting used to its mechanics. I did get into my first fight in GTA4 and won easily, though it wasn't a guaranteed win like in "GTA: San Andreas."

So I'm just getting used to GTA4. Maybe I'll start liking it more later, but I still fancy the previous GTA titles for now.

I have played GTA4 for the first time in almost three months. Granted my progress isn't very far, I got to explore more of Dukes as well as play QUB3D. I got about 3500 pts. in my first try. I will admit... the driving model is pretty nice. MUCH different from GTA3-GTA:VCS.

I still can't really grasp onto this game as easily as I could the previous generation of GTA, though.

Have not played this game in a very long time I'd just like to add. From what I remember it was excellent, but after a while you just kinda lost interest for no particular reason as mentioned before. Not so good as GTA3. :)

GTA IV is just so kick a#^. The best GTA they ever made. And to put it in NYC is even better. Everything is so real. Even if you crash your car you go though the window. To bad my disc is f#%+ed up. Always locks up. I can still play it. But I can't hear anything. The sound locks up :'(

I just bought this and don't really get it. It's too dark to see who you're beating the mess out of half the time, so I'm just basically running over/stabbing random people. What do I do exactly?

CAM
I just bought this and don't really get it. It's too dark to see who you're beating the mess out of half the time, so I'm just basically running over/stabbing random people. What do I do exactly?

Make sure to watch all the cutscenes, the story is amazing.

I did with cutscenes and activities and getting random trophies in 26:30 hours.

Is there any way to make it daytime all the time? The darkness is just annoying, I can't even see the door to my house. Running people over is funny as crap though, I still need a gun :lol:.

CAM

Turn up the brightness in options. It's what I had to do.

Back