Grand Theft Auto V (PC) - Mods Thread

• Thread starter JR98
  • 720 comments
Some of these cars seem to be giving me frame rate issues. :indiff:
Well, if they do take models from games like Forza, it should give FPS problems because Forza's models have really good details and high polygon count, as far as I know.

Or maybe they're not optimized to whatever engine GTA V runs on :P

LOL I posted a comment the other day on gta5-mods telling someone how to change the engine sounds on the Supra mod and someone posted a new "mod" tonight for the Supra changing the engine sounds. He used my instructions word for word. Some people...

Driver SF models would be great. There was quite a few of them for GTAIV and they have high detail but low poly count.

LSPDFR makes me want to buy a gaming computer just for GTA V.

maxresdefault.jpg

This mod looks incredible. Imagine this is for online, and you can't call your mechanic/Pegasus/Merryweather because the power is out. Your apartment and garage is dark. You don't have a radar and players don't have blips over their heads. Nightvision and flashlights would finally have a purpose.

I forget if he swears at any point in the video, but this is just badass.

There's something off about that Granger, and I can't quite put my finger on it.

I've got it! Why is it parked in the street?
:lol:

It's a "shortened" Granger mod that I was trying to add some ride height to. May have went too far.

Edit: I changed the exhaust sound for the C63 AMG sedan (which replaces the Felon) to that of the Brawler. And it sounds bad ass.

Last edited:
Ok, fixed the Granger but I might still come down a little bit more. This thing doesn't have any visual suspension so when it's flexing there's not much to see. Oh and replaced the exhaust sounds to those from the Bullet. :dopey:

I also noticed that the more mods I install, the worse my frame rate gets. Currently getting drops into the 40's which is super annoying. I hear a ram upgrade is not necessary since I have 8GB, so new graphics card maybe?

2015-08-29_00001.jpg

Last edited:
I'm also noticed the more mods I install the worst my framerate gets. Currently getting drops into the 40's which is super annoying. I hear a ram upgrade is not necessary since I have 8GB, so new graphics card maybe?
I believe so since it would rely on VRAM usage of the GPU rather than the motherboard RAM; if I'm correct.

I assume that installing large file sized car mods would result in some slow gameplay/FPS drop. There have been some instances of lag for me in GTA IV where I used a 17+MB car mod; as the vanilla GTA IV cars would be around 1MB or somewhere around that if I recall correctly.

I'm not great with the technical stuff so I might be wrong so don't kill me if I am :P

I believe so since it would rely on VRAM usage of the GPU rather than the motherboard RAM; if I'm correct.

I assume that installing large file sized car mods would result in some slow gameplay/FPS drop. There have been some instances of lag for me in GTA IV where I used a 17+MB car mod; as the vanilla GTA IV cars would be around 1MB or somewhere around that if I recall correctly.

I'm not great with the technical stuff so I might be wrong so don't kill me if I am :P
I just wonder if these new fancy graphics cards will mesh well with my i5 processor or if I'll have to upgrade that too.

Since you can raise the ride height, I'd image you can lower it? Be cool to see a Bobcat or the Dodge pickup look a like, laying rocker panel. Neither one gets very low when doing the standard slam trick, which bums me out. lol

MMX
Since you can raise the ride height, I'd image you can lower it? Be cool to see a Bobcat or the Dodge pickup look a like, laying rocker panel. Neither one gets very low when doing the standard slam trick, which bums me out. lol
Yeah just adjusting the numbers next to the red arrow here you can raise or lower it:

suspedit.png

Back