GranTurismo 7 Damage model

• Thread starter owoc12
  • 66 comments
They said it themselves that it'd be minimal improvement compared to GTS, stop giving false hope by twisting their words into something much bigger.
I said in fact that it will be probably a 'slight update', never implied or said they will do big changes, and I never said they will do anything, I'm just giving a speculational analysis of what might be changed and what not... Only PD knows what will be done, I am just an observer who gives his personal opinion and prediction, nothing more nothing less. So, deal with that.

Last edited:
Sport Mode or Simulation Mode? Sport Mode, I guess we’ll still have the same ping pong collision. Simulation Mode may be more of a softer contact, in that it simulates the distribution of the contact.
That's why I think it'll remain depending on Mode. There's a chance that's been improved outside of Sport Mode.

That's why I think it'll remain depending on Mode. There's a chance that's been improved outside of Sport Mode.
I'd like to see visual body deformation damage like GT5 style along with slightly improved mechanical damage system from GT Sport. That would be a sick thing for GT7. But I don't know if it will happen! I doubt it, but still possible. Also I want a toggle with proper damage and collisions in singleplayer mode. But those are only my wishes, I really hope they will turn to be real. But hey, we will see obviously in March!

Last edited:
I have come to just accept that Gran Turismo will never have a proper damage model, and to be perfectly honest it doesn't bother me.
What I hope to see is an improvement to how cars react upon contact. Getting hit from behind results in you flying forward in an unrealistic way.

I would love to see cars get properly dirty after races and in poor weather. The series had always looked beautiful but too clinical and perfect.
Assetto Corsa Competizione is so good at showing dirt and grime.

Wonder what it would take, for manufacturers to allow PD levels of breaking parts thrown from vehicles, after collisions.

Back