Grease monkey engineering!! - The Last Hurrah!!

• Thread starter mafia_boy
  • 208 comments
Thanks RJ. ;)👍

Get a 300mph tune going up on Dark Elite's leaderboard then we'll talk vipertamer.

Seperate issues guys.
1. A new video is in my 1st post, just for a giggle. ;)
2. I am attempting to break the 400.01km/h FF record for road cars and also attempting 250mph in the Integra Touring Car. 👍 This tune will be available for everyone if I get it, it won't be like the SRT tune, that's my special baby!! :D
You said you'd give it to me... or have you spent the past week with that bloody GTR?? :odd: Amazing job with it, anyway!

PF
That's a great idea Minolta. I can't offer to help, but pls know I'll be very interested in your results.

I was going to do something similar but there where far too many Mustangs on this site and it would have felt like another TC. I wanted to round them all up together in the end I couldn't be bothered.

I've tested that GT500KR and took some notes so you'll see a review when I get it together in my head.

A brief review of Maf's Renault Megaine​

For this review I used a few laps at GVS and Capri (maybe 8-10 each) and then a brisk stroll through the FF series in the Beginner hall. I’ll start with bad things first.

I’ve got a big problem with the gears. It’s not only that they’re long and 6th is a tad extraneous, but the placement of 1st really irritates me. I really don’t think that a car with 220hp should have to drop to first for a hairpin. I find third gear to be an essential part of a good tune for this type of car but yours is overshadowed by 2nd and largely redundant. The acceleration in 4th and above is non-existent.

Good things:
This car is a lot of fun to drive. I particularly enjoyed it at Capri, where I’d spend 1 and a half laps admiring the scenery then overtake to start a sprint to the finish. I also used gas (so to speak), if only for the downhill bit near the end and the lead into the wide hairpin.

The suspension is just excellent. It’s nimble, easy to correct mistakes, and will slide a little bit if you want it to. Wheelspin is almost non-existent.

I think this car needs larger testicles. Maybe only another 15-20hp, but it seems to want to go a lot faster than it does. Nonetheless, for 220hp and 1230 kilos this is an impressive effort. An alternative is weight reduction I, but this may well bugger the suspension balance.

This is a great result for such a minimalist approach.

It could still pull out of that hairpin well in 2nd gear PF, but the chicane at GVS....yeah I rathered first to keep using the torque for cornering and to eliminate wheelspin off the line or low down, thanks for the review bro....you know the drill, your wish car is my challenge. ;)

Did you win FF series easily enough with the Megane aswell??

a brisk stroll through the FF series

overkill, but I wasn't looking for a close race, just to test it on a few courses. Do you understand my probs with the tranny? I'm noticing that I seem to be more sensitive about gears than other drivers, possibly because it's the only opart of a car I feel even remotely confident about tuning. Nonetheless, the gears for me were a big distraction on an otherwise excellent tune.

I seriously don't get what you mean by the gearbox being a 'distraction'. That's why I'm asking, is it the closeness of the box, the length of first......what exactly is it?? Get more indepth via PM mate. :)

But apart from that, it's not intended to be over the top, just a replication of what is offered in real life by car manufacturers but wasn't in GT4, and from the comments so far, I think I succeeded in that so far with the Megane and the R8, so thanks guys for the feedback so far. 👍

Posts like that are best left unsent MinoltaMan. ;)

Rossell, thanks for stopping by. Have fun with the Primera, hope it turns out good for you. :)

WHITE LIGHTNING - MAX SPEED SETUP

Power: 340Kw
Torque: 380.83Nm
Weight: 1029Kg
0-100km/h: 5.34
0-160km/h: 9.26
1/4 Mile: 12.913@201km/h (No nitrous run)
Max Speed: 400.65km/h (248.96mph)

PARTS TO BUY
Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
Nitrous (Set to 100hp)
Stage 3 Turbocharger
Fully Customisable Gearbox
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension
Oil Change
R5 Tyres
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Dunlop 007 Rims (Optional)
3D BW/DW Wing

SETTINGS
SUSPENSION
Spring Rate: 15.0/15.0
Height: 86/156
Damper Bound: 10/10
Damper Rebound: 10/10
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle: 0/0
Stabilisers: 7/7

GEARBOX
Set final ratio to 6.000, then Autoset 11 then set as follows:
1st: 2.125
2nd: 1.525
3rd: 1.175
4th: 0.925
5th: 0.765
6th: 0.660
Final: 4.000

LSD
Initial: 60
Acceleration: 60
Deceleration: 60

Downforce: 0/0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHITE LIGHTNING - DRAG RACING SETUP

Power: 326Kw
Torque:
Weight: 1029Kg
0-100km/h: 4.54
0-160km/h: 7.56
1/4 Mile: 11.668@232km/h (Nitrous assisted run)
Max Speed: 234km/h

PARTS TO BUY
Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
Nitrous (Set to 100hp)
Stage 5 Turbocharger (I use HKS)
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Oil Change
R5 Tyres
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Dunlop 007 Rims (Optional)
3D BW/DW Wing

SETTINGS
SUSPENSION
Spring Rate: 6.5/13.0
Height: 86/156
Damper Bound: 2/10
Damper Rebound: 10/10
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle: 0/0
Stabilisers: 5/5

GEARBOX
Set final ratio to 6.000, then Autoset 1 then set as follows:
1st: 2.800
2nd: 2.070
3rd: 1.602
4th: 1.310
5th: 1.150
6th: 1.043
Final: 4.310

LSD
Initial: 40
Acceleration: 60
Deceleration: 5

Downforce: 30/0
Ballast: 200kg @ -50
TCS: 7

Ladies & Gentlemen, allow me to introduce White Lightning, a Honda Integra DC5R. I have thrown all the grease monkeys in to work on this one to give it the best of all worlds, from doing 11.6's in drag form to 400km/h Top Speed runs and running sub-7'30's at the 'Ring. In it's 400m and 400km/h forms it doesn't need all the track parts that are available to it, hence the lack of racing brakes & brake balance controller.

For max speed, hit the nitrous around the 316km/h mark in 5th gear, shift at 342km/h and watch the lightning strike 400km/h.
For the 1/4 mile, launch in 3rd gear anywhere between 6800-7800rpm and you'll be doing 11.6's all day with good shifting.

Last edited:
Mazda 2 MPS

Power: 195Kw
Torque: 304.98Nm
Weight: 1080kg
0-100km/h: 6.86sec
0-160km/h: 13.24sec
1/4 Mile: 14.755 @ 170km/h
Top Speed: 250.91km/h

PARTS TO BUY
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Racing Chip
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
Stage 3 Turbo
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
S3 Tyres
3D BW Wing
Dunlop 008 Rims (Optional)

SETTINGS
Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.4/5.6
Height: 100/100
Damper Bound: 2/3
Damper Rebound: 5/6
Camber: 2.4/1.4
Toe Angle: 3/-1
Stabilisers: 4/3

Gearbox
First set Final Ratio to 5.500, Autoset 4 then ratios as follows:
1st: 2.350
2nd: 1.700
3rd: 1.300
4th: 1.050
5th: 0.875
6th: 0.750
Final: 4.105

LSD
Initial: 7
Acceleration: 9
Deceleration: 8

BBC: 5/7

The Mazda 2 was released as a replacement for the long running 121 model, like Mazda had already done with the Mazda 6 replacing the 626, and the Mazda 3 replacing the 323. But unlike it’s bigger siblings who were then turbocharged and gained the MPS name (or Mazdaspeed in the US), the Mazda 2 never got a performance version. So GME has fixed that and made sure that this M2 MPS can stand tall alongside it’s bigger brothers. The Mazda 2 MPS starts off using the factory sporty Genki model which helps it in the looks department. The 1.5L was rebuilt with one goal in mind, getting similar figures to the M6 MPS & M3 MPS, both in power and pace. The turbo is a little laggy to build such a power figure but when it comes on, it pulls the car strongly without under steering like a boat around the corners.

The Mazda 2 MPS, Mazda’s baby car gets some demon teeth.

Last edited:
Hey Mafia Boy,the link to the Piazza doesn't lead to it,it leads up to the JCW Cooper.

Thanks SVX, it's been fixed up now. 👍

For that, you can request a free tune for yourself, PM me with what you want little dude. ;)

Hey,no problem,thanks for the request Mafia Boy :cheers:I will think of a tune tonight:)

Wow, a 2 MPS? And I thought are dreams were already with us with the 3 MPS... :boggled: Never mind that, it's a great tune! ;)

CHRYSLER Crossfire SRT-6 ‘04

Power: 247Kw
Torque: 459.62Nm
Weight: 1361kg
0-100km/h: 4.60sec
0-160km/h: 10.10sec
1/4 Mile: 12.780@180km/h
Top Speed: 274.22km/h

Parts To Buy
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes (No BBC)
Racing Chip
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
NA Tuning Stage 2
Oil Change
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
S3 Tyres
Dunlop 007 Rims (optional)

Settings
Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.0/6.2
Damper Bound: 4/3
Damper Rebound: 8/6
Camber: 2.7/0.7
Toe Angle: 1/-2
Stabilisers: 3/4

Gearbox
Set Final ratio to 5.500, then Autoset 3, then the following ratios:
1st: 2.700
2nd: 1.850
3rd: 1.400
4th: 1.125
5th: 0.925
6th: 0.775
Final: 4.062

LSD
Initial: 14
Acceleration: 17
Deceleration: 14

The Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6, American design, German power and now, Aussie influence. While the Crossfire is often criticised for being too lazy and slouchy when it’s supposed to be a proper tourer, GME decided to fill the missing link in the SRT chain and create the SRT-6. The target in our sights was pretty simple....beating the BMW M3 CSL. The 3.2L was torn apart and modified to make a more respectable figure befitting the SRT clan, getting 247Kw & 460Nm. Everything else on the car was replaced and tightened up to give more feedback and the gearbox has been fixed up to give a smooth ferocity on acceleration in the lower gears, getting to 100km/h in 4.6sec and to use its power in 6th all the way to 274km/h (over 170mph). It tears apart Spykers, Zondas, Cobras, and everything in between, getting around GVS with 2.01.8’s and runs around the Nurburgring in under 7.35.

The SRT-6, the SRT chain is now completed.

Last edited:
Ironically the power output is very close to the real one too, which used a supercharged V6. I only learnt what engine the SRT-6 had the other day, I was gobsmacked as before that I thought the SRT-6 was more or less an appearance package.:dunce:

Nothing ironic about it Paulie. ;)

The whole point of the road division is to replicate what isn't available in GT4 but IS currently what we can/could buy on showroom floors. Hence why the GME Clubby is spot on at 285Kw but 20Nm up on the HSV Clubby, the Shelby GT500 is spot on, the KR is only 10hp down but 1/3 more torque, the SRT's are both pretty spot on, the JCW is almost identical and the Megane was the closest to factory figures in both power and torque.

Two more entries coming into the road division right now. Watch these pages. :cool:

RJ, Chrysler may have beat me to it, but they didn't stick it in the bloody game!! :P:P:P

MERCEDES-BENZ E55 AMG 'Black Series' ‘02

Power: 436Kw
Torque: 854.76Nm
Weight: 1910kg
0-100km/h: 4.66sec
0-160km/h: 8.52sec
1/4 Mile: 12.302@200km/h
Top Speed: 326.76km/h

Parts To Buy
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Racing Chip
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
NA Tuning Stage 1
Oil Change
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
S3 Tyres
BBS Rims (Optional)

Settings
Suspension
Spring Rate: 10.8/10.0
Damper Bound: 6/4
Damper Rebound: 9/8
Camber: 2.7/2.0
Toe Angle: 2/-4
Stabilisers: 6/6

Gearbox
Set Final ratio to 5.000, then Autoset 1, then the following ratios:
1st: 2.900
2nd: 1.900
3rd: 1.400
4th: 1.075
5th: 0.825
Final: 3.000

LSD
Acceleration: 17
Deceleration: 19

BBC: 5/7

Mercedes Benz have always been the benchmark for luxury, and with their performance arm AMG have turned out some animals such as the SL55, SL65. With the launch of their “Black Series” for the C63, GME figured that their earlier rides needed some “black” treatment aswell. The first of the cars to go through this re-transformation is the faithful E55. Already packing 350Kw stock, it was already powerful, but soft and doughy in cornering. We first set off fixing that, tuning the suspension to suit that much power and allowing the body to actually use the tyres rather than lean on them. Only after being satisfied that this 1900kg behemoth could turn and stop, we then set our sights on the 5.5L supercharged V8 already sitting there. Everything was redone to strengthen the motor rather than have maximum power but it still bumps it’s power up to 436Kw & 850Nm+, enough to make this the uber-luxo-barge. It screams down the 1/4 in 12.3’s, has a top speed of 200mph+, and enough performance to lap GVS in 2.00.7’s & around the ‘ring in under 7.25.

The E55 Black Series, GME’s idea of Black-Tie function insanity. :cool:

ALFA ROMEO SPIDER DUETTO TURBO ’66

Power: 167Kw
Torque: 261.27Nm
Weight: 960kg
0-100km/h: 6.36sec
0-160km/h: 13.94sec
1/4 Mile: 14.492@164km/h
Top Speed: 238.80km/h

Parts To Buy
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes (No BBC)
Racing Chip
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
Stage 2 Turbocharger
Oil Change
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
S3 Tyres

Settings
Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.5/6.5
Height: 90/90
Damper Rebound: 8/7
Camber: 2.7/1.7
Toe Angle: 1/-2
Stabilisers: 3/4

Gearbox
Set Final ratio to 6.000, then Autoset 1, then the following ratios:
1st: 2.175
2nd: 1.500
3rd: 1.125
4th: 0.900
5th: 0.725
Final: 4.560

LSD
Acceleration: 18
Deceleration: 16

Back in the 1960’s, if you wanted sports performance you went to Italy. And at the top of the heap in Italy was Alfa Romeo. Famed for winning nearly everything in motorsport through history up until that point, the Alfa camp had many models including the Giulia and the 1600GTA. The Duetto was for the person who wanted the wind in their hair, to flog it through the Tuscan hills or cruise along the banks of Monaco. This Duetto turbo model allows the best of both worlds at double the pace of the old one. Ripping apart the 1.6L motor, everything was rebuilt and a GT28 turbo was fitted to get 167Kw & 260Nm+ out of the little beast. The suspension was tuned for maximum fun, giving great feedback for circuit performance and allowing the driver to get really frisky with their driving style without fear of the car biting their hands off. It’s still peppy enough to get around GVS under 2.10, without the need for any weight reduction or spoilers.

The GME Duetto Turbo, this is one Italian job you want to be involved in.

FPV F6 Typhoon R Spec

Power: 459Kw
Torque: 861.52Nm
Weight: 1776Kg
0-100km/h: 4.76sec
0-160km/h: 8.56sec
1/4 Mile: 12.326@202km/h
Top Speed: 301.18km/h

PARTS TO BUY
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes (No BBC fitted)
Racing Chip
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Intercooler
Stage 2 Turbocharger
Oil Change
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
S3 Tyres

SETTINGS
Suspension
Spring Rate: 8.0/7.2
Ride Height: 100/100
Damper Rebound: 8/7
Camber: 2.7/0.7
Toe Angle: 3/-3
Stabilisers: 4/5

Gearbox
First set final ratio to 5.500, Autoset 3, then ratios as follows:
1st: 2.600
2nd: 1.800
3rd: 1.375
4th: 1.100
5th: 0.910
6th: 0.775
Final: 3.450

LSD
Initial: 12
Acceleration: 14
Deceleration: 13

When FPV came out to compete against HSV, they came out with the best Australian four door car since the GTHO Phase 3, the F6 Typhoon. It was the car that could finally take it to the Evo’s and STi’s on the street and it’s handling has turned it into one of the highway patrol’s biggest weapons to catch speeders. Today, the Typhoon is the benchmark when it comes to Aussie performance cars and it gets taken to the extreme with the GME R spec. The motor was built to provide a mountain of torque for quick acceleration through the gears and allowing the motor to take it easy too, not being needed to be taken to 7000rpm each gear, although it still can if you want it to. But its allround performance is what’s brilliant about this car. Take it to GVS and it will reward you with a 1.57.7. The Nurburgring gets blitzed in 7.13.1, a 300km/h top speed, low-12sec performance and if you want to be silly, can be drifted around some corners.

GME’s Typhoon, it’s now a category 5 storm waiting to be driven by you.

:eek: It's amazing that you didn't do any weight reductions at all! But can it really overcome its obesity problem? :lol: I will start reviewing some of your cars. They have begun to catch my interest. I will try to review all the Aussie cars :D

If you're meaning the E55 Black, it can and does. It's something you can't accelerate through the corner with but it gets through the corners quickly enough C-L. :) I'm proud of that and the new Typhoon I just brought out, they're GME's most powerful cars to date, and still on S3's. :mischievous:

I will try to do those two reviews for this weekend ;) I have begun to grown an interest for heavy weights.

Nothing ironic about it Paulie. ;)

The whole point of the road division is to replicate what isn't available in GT4 but IS currently what we can/could buy on showroom floors. Hence why the GME Clubby is spot on at 285Kw but 20Nm up on the HSV Clubby, the Shelby GT500 is spot on, the KR is only 10hp down but 1/3 more torque, the SRT's are both pretty spot on, the JCW is almost identical and the Megane was the closest to factory figures in both power and torque.

Two more entries coming into the road division right now. Watch these pages. :cool:

RJ, Chrysler may have beat me to it, but they didn't stick it in the bloody game!! :P:P:P

Oh so you did know about the real one, the way you worded your description sounded otherwise.:P

PS- Change the name of your F6, there already is an R-Spec in real life and it was just a suspension package.

Back