Grease monkey engineering!! - The Last Hurrah!!

• Thread starter mafia_boy
  • 208 comments
I know the R spec is just a suspension package Paulie. But as if I would leave a Typhoon completely stock and call it an R spec, that would be just shameful to GME.

As for the SRT, it wasn't released in GT4, so I built one. I worded it in a similar way to what I did with the R8 Clubby. :)

Too bad about FPV's F6 too, Garth Tander can get a GTS to lap faster than Steven Richards can do in the F6, and considering these guys are paid big bucks to make a living off getting every ounce of performance from a car.:sly: Actually, Steven Richards can get a GT faster (by only a couple of tenths) than an F6 as well due to the V8's predictable power delivery.;) Then you factor in the W427 and suddenly the F6 is not even in the top 3 of Australia's best performance sedans.:P Yeah I'm done poking fun now.:lol:

When the BA F6 was released, there wasn't another Holden that kept up. And all the highway patrols around here have F6's or XR6T's because they are better than their Ford V8 counterparts. ;)

But anyway, enough of your crap, get back to your lion den and GT5P. :P

Toyota Caldina GT-Four – WRC Edition

Power: 299Kw
Torque: 487.35Nm
Weight: 1480Kg
0-100km/h: 4.58sec
0-160km/h: 9.74sec
1/4 Mile: 12.648@185km/h
Top Speed: 283.58km/h

PARTS TO BUY
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes (No BBC fitted)
Racing Chip
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Intercooler
Stage 1 Turbocharger
Oil Change
Fully Customisable Gearbox
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Variable Center Differential
Fully Customisable Suspension
S3 Tyres

SETTINGS
Suspension
Spring Rate: 8.0/7.2
Ride Height: 100/100
Damper Bound: 3/2
Damper Rebound: 6/5
Camber: 2.4/1.4
Toe Angle: 1/-3
Stabilisers: 4/4

Gearbox
First set final ratio to 5.000, Autoset 3, then ratios as follows:
1st: 2.800
2nd: 2.000
3rd: 1.550
4th: 1.250
5th: 1.025
6th: 0.850
Final: 3.450

LSD
Initial: 6/10
Acceleration: 7/12
Deceleration: 6/11

VCD: 10

The Caldina is a cross of WRC technology and soccer mum sensibility, using the drivetrain from the Celica ST205 and the body of the Avensis, it was the only sporty wagon offered by Toyota. We at GME felt it was time to pay homage to its WRC roots and produce a WRC edition for the more psychotic soccer Mum to take her kids to the shops. Packing just off 300Kw thanks to the rebuilt 3S-GTE that GME freshened up, this is guaranteed to scare all the little ones. It’s not shy when it comes to handling too, as it was able to be taken around GVS in under 2.04, providing a neutral feel due to its VCD changes. The springs were stiffened up slightly while the dampers were softened to give a more cushioned ride and keep it planted to the track.

The GME Caldina GT-Four, now the kids really have a reason to be scared of mum’s driving!

Last edited:
When the BA F6 was released, there wasn't another Holden that kept up. And all the highway patrols around here have F6's or XR6T's because they are better than their Ford V8 counterparts. ;)

But anyway, enough of your crap, get back to your lion den and GT5P. :P

You're just jealous because I'm on the winning side.:P After having been in both FG turbo 6s and FG V8s, I'd definitely take the V8, no question......

You're just jealous because I'm on the winning side.:P
What winning side?? :confused: The only winning side is the people who take Evo 10's and new STi's. ;)

After having been in both FG turbo 6s and FG V8s, I'd definitely take the V8, no question......

And your V8 (don't matter if it's XR8 or GT/GT-P) would be left choking in the F6's dust. ;) And the XR6T still smashes the XR8. :cool: The only cars that have a chance are the current R8's. :)

*sighs* If only that was the case here in Australia. Bloody Kevin Rudd making sure our local economy being able to withstand global economic crisis!! :P

But atleast home loans are good now, can get a home loan with only 4.25% variable interest or 5% fixed. :)

can't believe you outnumbered my cars, Mafs.., don't worry, when I get a new cellphone with a good enough camera, I'll get back in the GT4 business.., ;)

What winning side?? :confused: The only winning side is the people who take Evo 10's and new STi's. ;)

And your V8 (don't matter if it's XR8 or GT/GT-P) would be left choking in the F6's dust. ;) And the XR6T still smashes the XR8. :cool: The only cars that have a chance are the current R8's. :)

I laughed so hard at the Bathurst 12hr race this year, some 10 Evos started and only a couple actually finished due to mechanical dramas.:P It was even funnier when all the Evos had the best drivers. All the V8s that started finished except one that crashed. And have you ever heard of the maintenance costs of an Evo? If not, perhaps for your own sanity you shouldn't find out.

And once again, according to Steven Richards (i.e. not some stupid motoring journo who can't drive), the GT is quicker than the F6, and sounds 100 times better, that I can vouch for myself.

can't believe you outnumbered my cars, Mafs.., don't worry, when I get a new cellphone with a good enough camera, I'll get back in the GT4 business.., ;)

I know you will my pinoy buddy. ;)

I laughed so hard at the Bathurst 12hr race this year, some 10 Evos started and only a couple actually finished due to mechanical dramas.:P It was even funnier when all the Evos had the best drivers. All the V8s that started finished except one that crashed. And have you ever heard of the maintenance costs of an Evo? If not, perhaps for your own sanity you shouldn't find out.

I know lots of people with Evo's and the main problem is the clutch. Simple upgrade really. As for reliability, the 4G63 is a proven reliable motor, just some people don't know how to treat an AWD car properly. And yes that does include race drivers.

And once again, according to Steven Richards (i.e. not some stupid motoring journo who can't drive), the GT is quicker than the F6, and sounds 100 times better, that I can vouch for myself.

Sounds better I believe, quicker than the F6 I don't and won't believe, ever.

I know lots of people with Evo's and the main problem is the clutch. Simple upgrade really. As for reliability, the 4G63 is a proven reliable motor, just some people don't know how to treat an AWD car properly. And yes that does include race drivers..

My brother tells me that Evo owners told him they need major services every 5,000km or something (can't remember the exact figure).

Sounds better I believe, quicker than the F6 I don't and won't believe, ever.

I'll tell Steven Richards he should quit FPR and become a butcher then.:P

If I still had a PS2 I might have tested some of your cars too.:)

My brother tells me that Evo owners told him they need major services every 5,000km or something (can't remember the exact figure).

That's true too. But they can be done for cheap at certain Evo performance shops. Stuff taking it to the dealership for a $1500 oil change!! :eek:

I'll tell Steven Richards he should quit FPR and become a butcher then.:P

You might as well, he drives about as well as a butcher. :P And his Dad, don't get me started on him. :mischievous:

If I still had a PS2 I might have tested some of your cars too.:)
If you actually had a 60Gb PS3 you still could've tested my cars. :D:P:sly:

If you actually had a 60Gb PS3 you still could've tested my cars. :D:P:sly:

No WAY! 60Gb models always die randomly, I am much happier with my slightly more reliable 40Gb model.:sly: Anyways, keep up the good work.👍

That's strange to me. My mate was at EB games last week, and there were 6 preowned 40Gb there......5 of them were already dead. EB accidentally gave them one of those 5, so to compensate for the inconvenience, they got an upgrade to 80Gb for free. Score for them. :D:tup:

Like the new avatar?? :D 10pts. for figuring out who this guy is and what show he's from (8pts. for who, 2pts. for what show). ;)

Like the new avatar?? :D 10pts. for figuring out who this guy is and what show he's from (8pts. for who, 2pts. for what show). ;)

The picture is really small, but I'll guess Iron Chef or Master Chef?

Hey Mafs, that '66 Alpha is a ripper mate! We took it to GVS for testing then to Capri with quite a bit of success. It also gave us 86-94 Aspec on the first two Festa Italiano races in the Euro hall.

We really couldn't find much wrong with the car. The first time I did it I messed up the tranny and was getting 111mph top speed, but still beat Capri Easy on (IIRC) my first race in the car. It sort of seems like it wants to, or perhaps should, go faster, but this is probably an illusion.

Handling is just superb, and it seems to work for either cautious Sunday drivers or psychotic speed freaks. The oversteer is so easily manipulated it's a dream to fling it around. Wheelspin will be found by only the most dedicated button-masher or inexperienced driver. It seems really comfortable at about 25% throttle through corners.

And the choice of car is excellent too. I'm no car fan, so I hadn't heard of it, but it's a beauty. It's the sort of thing I'd expect to handle like a dog on lino in stock/default form, but this tune is great. We spent about four hours with it but weren't taking notes, because there was nothing to complain about. Keep it up mate!

Hell's Kitchen. And I think it's the one guy who's a "schweater" as he himself put it.

I think.

You're right with basically all of it. 2pts. already, 10pts. for you RJ if you give me his name. :cool:

PF
Hey Mafs, that '66 Alpha is a ripper mate! We took it to GVS for testing then to Capri with quite a bit of success. It also gave us 86-94 Aspec on the first two Festa Italiano races in the Euro hall.

We really couldn't find much wrong with the car. The first time I did it I messed up the tranny and was getting 111mph top speed, but still beat Capri Easy on (IIRC) my first race in the car. It sort of seems like it wants to, or perhaps should, go faster, but this is probably an illusion.

Handling is just superb, and it seems to work for either cautious Sunday drivers or psychotic speed freaks. The oversteer is so easily manipulated it's a dream to fling it around. Wheelspin will be found by only the most dedicated button-masher or inexperienced driver. It seems really comfortable at about 25% throttle through corners.

And the choice of car is excellent too. I'm no car fan, so I hadn't heard of it, but it's a beauty. It's the sort of thing I'd expect to handle like a dog on lino in stock/default form, but this tune is great. We spent about four hours with it but weren't taking notes, because there was nothing to complain about. Keep it up mate!

Awesome stuff PF, that's the type of result I wanted from the Duetto. 👍 It's a quirky little thing, you don't expect it to rip around like it does for only 227hp but it's looks make it so cool when it comes to racing at the Cote. Monaco + Alfa = Pimp. :cool:

Let me know what you and Mr.Lawrence want tuned for yourselves mate. ;)

And now, let me introduce you all to the newest car to inhabit the garage walls at GME. ;) Watch next post. :D

PONTIAC Solstice GXP – RMR Edition

(Based on Pontiac Solstice Concept)​

Power: 287Kw
Torque: 456Nm
Weight: 1120kg
0-100km/h: 4.60sec
0-160km/h: 8.82sec
1/4 Mile: 12.395@197km/h
Top Speed: 299.04km/h

Parts To Buy
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Racing Chip
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
Stage 3 NA Tuning
Oil Change
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
S3 Tyres
Rear Wing (3D AB Wing)

Settings
Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.8/7.4
Height: 90/90
Damper Bound: 5/4
Damper Rebound: 9/7
Camber: 2.2/0.7
Toe Angle: 2/-2

Gearbox
Set Final Ratio to 5.500, then Autoset 4, then the following ratios:
1st: 2.600
2nd: 1.775
3rd: 1.350
4th: 1.075
5th: 0.875
6th: 0.725
Final: 4.100

LSD
Initial: 15
Acceleration: 17
Deceleration: 16

Downforce: 0/0
BBC: 4/5

The Pontiac Solstice, a futuristic styled coupe that came out and has been doing great things in the world of drifting thanks to Rhys Millen. So to pay homage to Mr. Mad Skills, GME has decided to produce the Solstice RMR (Rhys Millen Racing) Signature edition, a super light road version of the Red Bull drift car. The 2.2L Ecotec motor has been pulled apart and put on steroids. Going all out on the motor produced a nice 287Kw & over 450Nm. The suspension has been tuned to allow you to just drive senselessly, allowing either significant grip or significant drift in mid-range corners depending on how you drive it, but still fast enough to rival the best in my garage. Still not convinced? Take it to GVS and you’ll be surprised as it rips around there in just over 1.57. Go to the 1/4 and get 12.3’s aswell as a top speed (limited) of just off 300km/h. The wing is on to replicate the look of the Red Bull car and allows the driver to set their own downforce at their own discretion if they so wish.

The Solstice RMR Edition, the perfect complement to showing off your own mad skills. :cool:

Ooooh, so close but no, Tom's not his name.

2pts. to RJ. He's actually in the current series of Hell's Kitchen. :)

NISMO Skyline GT-R LM Road Car - Z-Tune

Power: 416Kw
Torque: 566.05Nm
Weight: 1580Kg
0-100km/h: 5.90sec
0-160km/h: 9.74sec
1/4 Mile: 13.163@196km/h
Top Speed: 300.64km/h

PARTS TO BUY
Stage 3 Turbocharger
Oil Change
Fully Customisable LSD

SETTINGS
Suspension
Spring Rate: 9.0/8.2
Ride Height: 90/90
Damper Bound: 4/3
Damper Rebound: 8/6
Camber: 2.2/0.7
Toe Angle: 2/-2

Gearbox
First set final ratio to 5.500, Autoset 7, then ratios as follows:
1st: 3.050
2nd: 2.050
3rd: 1.550
4th: 1.225
5th: 0.975
Final: 4.111

LSD
Initial: 14
Acceleration: 18
Deceleration: 16

Downforce: 25/35

The NISMO brand has been synonymous with high performance for years, and they have churned out many versions of the GT-R over the years including the S-Tune R32, the 400R R33 & the R-Tune R34 and all those have been tuned in different ways by the other garages. The forgotten child of the bunch has been the GT-R LM Road car. So GME went to fix that issue. Now, the parts page is pretty minimalistic this time. Not by choice, NISMO heard about the 270NA I made and weren’t happy about it, so this time they told me basically 90% of the parts couldn’t be changed, from motor to brakes to most of the driveline. All I was left to tinker with was what you see in the parts list except for a BBC which I felt wasn’t needed. But what a change those few parts make. I’ll admit the turbo is either laggy or snappy on takeoff which affects it’s 0-100 times and makes a clean launch hard. Also, because I can’t touch the driveline, the gears take an eternity to change compared to my other cars.

But once it’s going, it becomes an animal and adjusting the gearbox to compensate for the driveline fixes the slow changes. Very deceptively fast, this car ripped around GVS consistently in the low 1.58’s, with a 1.57.7 best lap. Nurburgring is where it shines however, getting around there in just over 7.11, with the wide body creating a huge amount of downforce to tear around the circuit on it’s NISMO rimmed S3 tyres. It’s the first GME road car that’s scared the AI so much it threw a JGTC grid at me for Family Cup +10 at El Capitan.

The GT-R LM Z-Tune, NISMO’s forgotten child has now been remembered.

I got a question for ya Mafs. Why can you get 299kw/401 hp out of a 3S-GTE engined Caldina in gt4 but only some 300 hp out of the MR-2 Turbo (SW20)? Thank you PD, thank you very much.

Your latest tune looks good Mafs. I may even consider buying the car to test it. Sorry, not a fan of the car, although due to the sheer demand AMMT will probably have to make one eventually!

Senamic

I got a question for ya Mafs. Why can you get 299kw/401 hp out of a 3S-GTE engined Caldina in gt4 but only some 300 hp out of the MR-2 Turbo (SW20)? Thank you PD, thank you very much.

I assume it's because of the different generations of the 3S-GTE motor Camryfan. The original 3S-GTE motor in the ST165 Celica GT-Four when fully worked produces 279Kw for a 10.0km version which is less than what the 3S-GTE in the Caldina produces with only the Stage 1 Turbo. The ST205 produces 366Kw fully worked for a 40k version. It's a similar case with the RB26DETT in the Skyline GT-R (R32, R33, R34), and also with the B16A motor in EG Honda Civic Si's, CRX Del Sol's & EK Type R's.

Your latest tune looks good Mafs. I may even consider buying the car to test it. Sorry, not a fan of the car, although due to the sheer demand AMMT will probably have to make one eventually!

Senamic

It's actually a prize car, not a purchasable model. :) Win Race of the Red Emblem (Nissan Events) to get it. :cool: I'm not a Skyline fan myself in GT4 but I saw every other Nissan Skyline done by all the other garages and that was the only one untouched. After doing it though, I realise why the others did all the other NISMO cars instead of tackling this puppy, it was hard to get a good tune onto it. ;)

There will be some more FR Skylines in the near future though which will be more tunable however so stay tuned for that. But for the 30th car special, I've gone back to my factory balance roots. It's following the same path as the Megane, being released as an NA in the game but recreating the turbo version of this car for you. That might come up as soon as later tonight, depending on how it performs in the races I have lined up for it. ;)

It's fascinating really regarding the 3S-GTE engines. There isn't a whole lot of differences between the models except for the fact the they performed better (which you can achieve yourself at home anyway Source: httpp://www.mrcontrols.com/primers/power.html). Anyway I don't want to harp on about this too much I just wanted to address the issue and from what I've seen you post this kind of discussion is right up your ally. Just annoyed I can't build a monster MR vehicle out of the GTE when I could in real life.

Just call it evolution of a motor Camryfan. The EJ20 in WRX's is another example, when it was released in the Liberty/Legacy RS turbo, the valve angles and head were different to the ones in the WRX. And over the years of the WRX, they changed again. I remember a guy (who has a rally driving school) having severe trouble getting a JDM MY00 EJ20 into an ADM MY95 WRX due to slight head differences.

The 4G63 is another, it's development from the 8v and 12v Dash Starion in the 80's to the Lancer Evo 8 is another process in the engine evolving over a period of 20yrs. :)

Back