Great Idea !!! Read This

• Thread starter cuefilez
  • 103 comments
Why haven't we held a Short Drift Competition ?

There's so much Ilinking and whatever going on , why haven't I seen such a competition over here ?

[EDIT : While I am at it why not start one , here are some rules]

Track ) 1 --> Midfield Raceway
Cars ) 2 --> Open Field
Settings ) 3 --> Settings can be whatever you like , try and include your car name , settings and comments with your post
How Long can it be ) 4 --> Try and keep it under 30 seconds , we want lots of ppl to download these clips
Location of Videos ) 5--> If you can try and keep it on a free web host since gtp needs every drop of bandwidth
Format ) 6 --> Mpeg or Divx

I think we need two judges , anyone who wants to be a judge please post and say so . Judges will not be able to enter the competition though

So what are you guys waiting for starting drifting and posting !!!

Originally posted by cuefilez
Why haven't we held a Short Drift Competition ?

because if we did, about 4000 n00bies would want to learn how to drift, thereby making yet more drifting threads than there already are :D.

i do, however, predict this to be success amongst noobs and veterans alike. i want to be a judge!

DrifterBR , you will be our second judge

Vyacheslav , you will be on standby if either one gets sick , mauled or gets a copy of GTC :) I might figure a job for you , but I must first get some contestants.

Now we need some contestants !!!!! Come and register your name now !!!

I think it's better for this thread to stay here in the GT3 forum. There are people that don't like to go to the Challenge Forum, but likes to drift in GT3. (yes, that would be me ^_^)

It would be the same to put all GT3 movies in the Multimedia section. :P

Originally posted by DrifterBR
I think it's better for this thread to stay here in the GT3 forum. There are people that don't like to go to the Challenge Forum, but likes to drift in GT3. (yes, that would be me ^_^)

It would be the same to put all GT3 movies in the Multimedia section. :P

exactly my point!!!

so to those ppl who are always saying "this isn't the right forum for <enter topic>", STFU :P

*cough*

like this if u want to be like that!

I post a link to a pic for wallpaper of an rx-7 rz and sum1 said it should be in multimedia.. it has as much right to be here as this!

i wouldn't say this is misplaced, since it is about GT3 (and, possibly GT2?). stuff like Science Project threads (i'm not bashing - he put them here to get traffic: a wise decision) could be considered out of place.

edit: you people need to sign up. now. let's get the competition underway :gcar:.

so, does that mean we have a contestant, Klonie Gun?

...and Ving, you've posted too much in this thread not to sign up :P.

Are hybrids allowed in this? I've got an RX-7 based hybrid that just drifts on command -- from a straight line. 1,200HP, stock tires. Any revs, just about any gear, hit the gas immediately after the brakes & turn, you'll drift in the sweetest, most controllable manner....

If hybrids are allowed, I'll try figuring out a way to post something. Otherwise, I'll just post the hybrid specs so other people can try.

It was just my third hybrid, too. :D

Hybrids are a MAJOR no no...What's the point of having something effortlessly drift on its own? The point of this competition would be to see how a tuner can set up his car so HE can drift and have HIMSELF control it in the sweetest manner.

If you do have this comp...

I suggest you put inplace some "classes."

Each drivetrain has a different level of diffculty and also a different look in a reply. Ie: MR/FR, AWD, FF. Also, this will get very monotonous because drifting technique can only go so far without doing flashy things like 360s and crap like that...So, I think you should have an advanced scoring system based on entry and exit of turns...(Ie: Would you want the car to smoothly slide out or would you still want the car somewhat sideways coming out of the turn to show it could drift on longer if need be.)
Diversity of cars too...Seeing two s13s hitting the same corner would be stupid...Now, if you had someone post a s13 taking a corner, then you had a guy on that same corner use a r390LM with the same smoothness of initiation and finish...the r390 should get extra points for "style" And so on and so forth.

Very Well Put MidusGT

In future we will most certainly , do exactly what you proposed . They are all very good points .

I think for now , let's just keep it an open class , and let as many as possible people enter possible . Class / Division Drifts will most certainly be alive used in the near future .

Come on we need more contestants , all you AE86 freaks , must enter this competition , otherwise you have disrespected the wishes of the Hachi Roku.

I swear, they should just make a seperate forum for us drifters so the grip drivers would stop complaining.

Do you know how we can make gt3 videos on our pc's? Many of us don't posess the technical know-how to figure this out on our own.

hey!I'm an AE86 freak :P!ask Ving,hehehe.I would also compete,but I don't have a sharkport/XPort (I think that's what they're called) to upload the replay on the internet.besides...why wouldn't I compete?Midfield Raceway was my course on where I learned how to drift :D!but onto another note..I don't think my AE86 would hold out to be the BEST looking drift..I believe it would be either my MR2 (SW20) or my BMW328 Ci :D.I've got some other ones,such as the FC,FD,R32 (with handbrake..beginner's drifting),and of course my AE86 Trueno(Shigeno Version),but like I said,my MR2 (SW20) or my BMW328 Ci would probably look better drifting than my AE86 Trueno (Shigeno Version) which pains me to say,but hey...they all look cool!of course if me and Keiichi Tsuchiya (The Drift King himself) had a drift challenge in our Truenos,then I'd basically have my ass handed to me :lol:!

AE86Driver

The image quality certainlly looks bad with the Webcam, but that doesn't really matter if we can still see the drift! ;)

A good thing to do is to manually adjust the "exposure" of the Webcam, if you let it on automatic it'll start changing like crazy to adapt to every light change in GT3 making the FPS drop.

Back