Great Idea !!! Read This

  • Thread starter Thread starter cuefilez
  • 103 comments
  • 3,922 views
what kind of sorry webcam are you talking about??
i'd agree, if a camera sucks that bad, it's pointless.
 
I have a Sony digital webcam. It takes great high res pictures but when I take a picture of the television.....well....
 
Hey I just found my other web cam. It takes better tv vids but the rest isnt very good.....
 
Well, i don't see the point in this? If there are about 5 competitors i'm not really going to download all 5 of the videos...
 
Alright....I got it onto the camera, it doesn't look that bad, now if i could only find someone to host it...
 
Angelfire.
Fortunecity.
Tripod.

they won't?
 
it looks like there are two drift videos in the GTP VIdeos section. do those count? they're pretty nice

good job Drift God
 
Y don't we do drifts in.... SSR5? and when is this gonna happen? I wanna do this.. :D
 
Originally posted by Thio
it looks like there are two drift videos in the GTP VIdeos section. do those count? they're pretty nice

good job Drift God

No offense to him but those drifts were seriously mediocre...
 
:lol: yeah right, they are the best. Looks like we have some jealousy :lol: no offense, just messing with ya...
 
Yeah, I'm jealous, lemme tell ya:rolleyes: ...I wish I had a way to get replays onto my comp!
 
Originally posted by MidusGT
No offense to him but those drifts were seriously mediocre...
I'd have to disagree with you. While not all the turns were drifting perfectly, there were quite a few that were... and I hate to say it like this but... "comparable to Gran Dorifto". And while the drifts were good, they looked mediocre, almost all of them.

There are some issues working against that vid:

- The biggest one being that it's unedited. You can't pick out the best of the best, and then fade them into one another, and then sync it with the music. You've got to take it as is.

- The replay doesn't always give the best camera angles. The camera's positioning varies with which lap it's on, and you've got no control how it'll shoot. Editing solves this, you can pick the best.

- It's an entire lap, and there are a lot of turns. I suppose if we're competing we actually should do them all perfectly... but (again, I hate to compare this to Gran Dorifto), but I doubt every turn on every lap was done to perfection during GD. For all we know the car hits the wall on the next turn, but that's where editing comes in again.

- And finally the video quality wasn't all that great... low framerate and all.

So yea, you can already see some issues about how to judge these things. I hope to make a contribution soon.:trouble:
 
Originally posted by uM_Jammer
I'd have to disagree with you. While not all the turns were drifting perfectly, there were quite a few that were... and I hate to say it like this but... "comparable to Gran Dorifto". And while the drifts were good, they looked mediocre, almost all of them.

There are some issues working against that vid:

- The biggest one being that it's unedited. You can't pick out the best of the best, and then fade them into one another, and then sync it with the music. You've got to take it as is.

- The replay doesn't always give the best camera angles. The camera's positioning varies with which lap it's on, and you've got no control how it'll shoot. Editing solves this, you can pick the best.

- It's an entire lap, and there are a lot of turns. I suppose if we're competing we actually should do them all perfectly... but (again, I hate to compare this to Gran Dorifto), but I doubt every turn on every lap was done to perfection during GD. For all we know the car hits the wall on the next turn, but that's where editing comes in again.

- And finally the video quality wasn't all that great... low framerate and all.

So yea, you can already see some issues about how to judge these things. I hope to make a contribution soon.:trouble:

Well, I value your opinion and I can relate, but there are many factors contributing to my negative viewpoint. First off, with a name like "Drift God," you should be able to back that name up. S

Second, the technique. You can clearly see that he's using excessive horsepower and grippier tyres because the traction grips apparently at the end of the sweeps. You can see the car struggle to keep sideways at the tail of turns, and that, I think, shows the sign of bad drifting. Perhaps I am a perfectionist, but I like to see drifts be as beautiful as possible and with a name like Drift God you'd think he'd share the same sentiments....
 
Back