Greycap's Greatest Snapshots - Updated 020608 - Mercedes Benz 300SL-C

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 946 comments
The Karmann with those rims looks absolutely gorgeous! 👍

Great work, Greycap! Will try the setup too, although I don't think there's a single setup for this one that makes it handle any different. :D

Beerzgood - Thanks! Yep, the setups range from mild oversteer through heavy oversteer to hellish oversteer. :P

Tommi2000 - Thank you!

Vejita88 - No need to! Just look at my early shots. :D

TVR&Ferrari_Fan - Thanks! Well, it has taken a bit long.

Leonidae - Do I see a desperate life saving attempt here? :P

Abarth 500RS Turbo'72
By Leonidae

Find the setup here

Mine's GT-R Concept '01
By Leonidae

Find the setup here

Paint Shop Pro time! I bet I've got something of a reputation as a guy who can't edit pictures here as my shots usually are virtually unedited. Well, I like to prove people wrong. :P Leonidae's shots, editing by me.

The Abarth 500 wasn't that complicated - only the badges and a few stripes - but the Mine's GT-R Concept took a bit more determination. I've provided the original shots of the concept in case you want to see how much was changed. 👍

LdS - Thanks! Yep, don't turn your GT4 upside down looking for this one... :D

franz - Thank you!

sejtur - They have piled up a bit... and of course, thanks!

Thanks TVR&Ferrari_Fan!

Nissan KPGC110 GT-R V-Spec '73

265 bhp, 276 Nm, 1007 kg

Find the setup here

There was some request on cleaning a car... this is what I ended up doing. Again, original pictures provided to see the differences.

Hey, that Mines GTR Concept is superb, you've done a great jobe of transforming that picture. Great stuff, keep 'em coming! :dopey:

the last one is actually quite sweet! i like how the mine's concept gt-r turned out. hope they do bring that car into production, because that would be so awesome. i can imagine how much work went into editting that photo. but the result is just amazing. keep up the good work!

News Flash

This profile picture thing didn't really work so I'm quitting it. It's not my thing. I've made the decision of the future of this gallery, and that decision won't be changed. I'll tell it on Monday the 10th, until that you can have a good time guessing. Or not caring at all. :P

RUF BTR '86 Rallycross edition
Two big pictures, seven thumbnails.
All pictures clickable for full size.

After some identity search there was no other choice than to return to the old one some people still remember. Still very little editing, still very much scenery. Still quite a unique style here. I refuse to go with the flow. :P

I prefer the feel of the forth, fifth and eighth shots, but overall the whole update is great.

great new update from you Greycap...........my personal favourite is the 3rd small pic in the second row. but you did a great job on all the others too! great scenery, great car, great driving.........

viper

Hi there mate! That's one heck of a rallycross car :dopey: Maybe next summer one of those in the Finnish SRC? :P But about the pics then. They're great, as usual with you. I've said this before but I'll say it again: I'm really happy you still haven't changed your style. It's still more about the scenery than about the car taking up all the space. It's something in a good way unique and I love it :) Great pics, the last one (big) being my favourite. And big "welcome back!" from a guy who doesn't actually come here that often again :dopey:

Your not kidding about being the scenery man! 👍 fantastic shots from El Captian! I get a good sense of the grandeur surrounding that track - everything looks so big! It is also nice to see that the car is not the only star of your images! #1, #4, and #8 are my favourites! Great stuff, keep 'em coming! :dopey:

Nice update. I like the angles, theyre like from someone who really was there and took the pics standing at the side of the course.

TVR&Ferrari_Fan - Speedy shots, those are... thanks for breaking the ice for the others!

viperpilot - Don't know about the driving :embarrassed: but thanks!

My_Sterious - One can only dream of one of those... right at the Tykkimäki course, five kilometers from here. :sly: There were no other style options for me, the break proved that. And thanks for the welcoming!

jgda9rs - Thanks! That's what I was trying to achieve, a shot in the style of the "Climb Dance" with just the roar of the car in the wilderness.

magburner - I wish I remembered who it was that gave me that nickname. But it stuck and you see the result again. Thank you!

sejtur - Immersion is a big thing that is usually overlooked. Thanks!

It took way too long to make this post but there's an annoying thing called life outside GTP that prevents me from doing everything here. As my next update I'm bringing you another German automotive legend, the car that changed the world of motorsports for ever. White, boxy, not so fast but still one of the real classics. Early next week. 👍

Back