GRID 2019

Looking at the picture, it looks to me like a Mini Touring Car
Maybe the new track could be a brand new one?

"GRID comes to Google Stadia on November 19, with the exclusive Endurance mode."
"Endurance mode expands the grid size to up to 40 cars, split across four different classes, playable in both Free Play and Multiplayer."

Making a game mode exclusive to one platform while having such a small amount of content in the base game is just wrong... 👎

What also is wrong, is making 40 car grid only available on stadia. I could understand that base ps4/xone wouldn't be able to push that amount of cars, but what about PC? After all stadia is a high end PC. :lol:

Codemasters 👎
Gonna get that Stadia money.

Platform exclusive features are trashy, full stop.

👎

giphy.gif

Codies went full Activision. Never go full Activision.

Yeah, right, not even a lowly PC can do 40-player races as this 64-player Assetto Corsa Competizione server clearly shows:

Guess we're all gonna have to buy Stadias and get fibre optic internet if we want to play racing games online.

People should see the comments on the codemasters forums. A lot of people are pissed off.

Rightfully so.

Codemasters should deploy Fernando Alonso to ease the tensions lmaoo

Apparently their excuse is "The mode is too much for consoles to handle"

BULL:censored:

BULL
:censored:ING
🤬

Apparently their excuse is "The mode is too much for consoles to handle"

BULL:censored:

BULL
:censored:ING
🤬

Considering how GRID 2019 runs on base consoles, which already isn't well? I'd be willing to believe it, and they decide it's not worthwhile to add a mode that is only going to be realistically used by beefed up consoles without major frame drops, in a game already struggling to hit 30 FPS.

We're going to hear news about Season 1 on Monday, here's the latest teaser:

So it appears the Hot Hatch Showdown pack will consist of the following:
Audi A1
Lancia Delta
Renault Clio

Plus the Mini Cooper teased a while back. We also know Paris should be included for free.

Audi A1
Lancia Delta
Renault Clio

Plus the Mini Cooper teased a while back. We also know Paris should be included for free.

The third car isn't a Clio. The bumper is different.

Audi A1
Lancia Delta
Renault Clio

Exclusive to Stadia.

Seriously though, dumb move from Codemasters. I’ve defended Codemasters to the hilt for years but this is a real stab in the heart. Grid was lighter on content as it was compared to some games so to lock a whole mode behind a game service no one cares about is just stupid.

Id like to see Codemasters disclose how much Google is paying them for that exclusivity and how much they were paid to say that only Stadia can handle it which is utter rubbish.

Where does it stop? That’s the concern. “F1 2020 featuring all new FIA F3 series. Exclusive to stadia because google money.”

Exclusive to Stadia.

Seriously though, dumb move from Codemasters. I’ve defended Codemasters to the hilt for years but this is a real stab in the heart. Grid was lighter on content as it was compared to some games so to lock a whole mode behind a game service no one cares about is just stupid.

Id like to see Codemasters disclose how much Google is paying them for that exclusivity and how much they were paid to say that only Stadia can handle it which is utter rubbish.

Where does it stop? That’s the concern. “F1 2020 featuring all new FIA F3 series. Exclusive to stadia because google money.”

:confused:

Wrong post quoted maybe? The Season 1 content is coming to all platforms.

As for Endurance, I just hope that end up being a timed exclusive because it is really a shame to have a game mode which has been present in all titles of the series so far barred on traditional platforms. Still, there are plenty more game modes which can make a return such as Checkpoint, Eliminator, Touge and Drift... Wouldn't keep my hopes up for the last one though.

:confused:

Wrong post quoted maybe? The Season 1 content is coming to all platforms.

As for Endurance, I just hope that end up being a timed exclusive because it is really a shame to have a game mode which has been present in all titles of the series so far barred on traditional platforms. Still, there are plenty more game modes which can make a return such as Checkpoint, Eliminator, Touge and Drift... Wouldn't keep my hopes up for the last one though.

I was being facetious :embarrassed:. Just wondering how long it will be before actual content becomes exclusive.

I was being facetious :embarrassed:. Just wondering how long it will be before actual content becomes exclusive.

Understood, I wasn't clear on the tone of the comment. ;)

I highly doubt there will be any exclusive assets, especially as their "hardware limitations" argument would have no ground to stand on. But hey, Codies have been full of surprises lately. :boggled:

Not bad, I was hoping each season could come with more than one track but at least there are new events to complete.

Amazing!! I really want to buy this game. Should I? I will surely do some championships there as soon as I get it!

Check out the review written by @SlipZtrEm, it goes over the pros and cons better than I can explain. Given the imminent Season 1 content, it is going to be a bit less short of content soon.

Not bad, I was hoping each season could come with more than one track but at least there are new events to complete.

I was hoping on more tracks as well but at least Paris is good. If I remember correctly those were my favorites of Grid2.
I would be content with Milan, Detroit, Washington and Chicago.
Some real new tracks would be welcome as well.

I hope this game picks up now its on sale and that codemasters are going to support for a longer duration.

Amazing!! I really want to buy this game. Should I? I will surely do some championships there as soon as I get it!
As a single player racer it is very good. It is pretty challenging when you put the AI on very Hard. It is a lot different than a Gran Turismo or Forza motorsport where the AI is basically driving like a train folling the racing line. With this there is a lot of action on track. people spinning out or other cars making contact so you can pass them.

Despite the mixed reviews it is the most fun I had in a racegame for a long time.

It always makes me laugh that they've invented LikeNoOther hashtag for this game, CopyPaste would be more appropriate. All of the DLC cars are copied from Dirt, right?

Back