GRID 2019

Driving the new Audi S1 in the rain is like having rallycross in this game. Handbrake on hairpin turns, sideways on normal turns with the AWD clawing its way around the corner. Probably the most fun I've had in GRID.

Driving the new Audi S1 in the rain is like having rallycross in this game. Handbrake on hairpin turns, sideways on normal turns with the AWD clawing its way around the corner. Probably the most fun I've had in GRID.

Agreed, the S1 is a blast in this class. I'd say the Mini takes the honours for best sound, but the Audi is a hoot to drive.

It's also nice to see Paris in different weather conditions too. 👍

Im not sure why theyve changed the handling in the last update, this is the first day ive played since the update the other day , last weekend loved it playing for ages , today, I hate the steering now, wheel and pedals and seat setup . feels rubbish now.... not happy at all..

Nearly bought season 1 aswell, not going to now, cant even play it now, going down a straight feel the steering pulling left and right etc....terrible...

The annoying thing for me is that theres great parts of Grid,AC,Pcars,GT Sport - but their not all in the same game hehe. F1 2019 is the only one keeping my interest just for the long career mode. I really hope the other racing games have more extensive career modes you can get your teeth into on PS5. I want to go on a proper 'journey' and not just flick between different short races every two minutes like in Grid career.

Any indications about Istanbul Park?

That would be only reason to try get a game that shares name with one of the best (arcade) games ever...

If it's anything to go by with regards to DiRT Rally 2.0's trial, it won't run very good, and it will be a poor representation of the game as a whole (Not like it can get any poorer considering what the game actually is)

Tried it on a base PS4:

Liked:
1 - graphics
2 - atmosphere
3 - sound
4 - cockpit
5 - Immersion
6 - Weather
7 - AI

Didn't like:
1 - handling
2 - physics
3 - presentation
4 - Replays
5 - Lack of photomode

You get 3 races to try. GT3, Stockcar and Touring. All races with over aggressive AI which is absolutely terrible. Drifty physics are still there and has that floaty feel to it. The game is easy to pick up and driving is bland. The cockpit immersion is well done and you feel as if you were in the thick of it.

It didn't gave me that feeling of GRID is back. On the contrary. Nice to be able to try it out though.

I'd say: wait for the complete edition on a deep sale.

Last edited:
They technically have the second part since SMS has both modeled already. They would just need to work out new licensing deals.
Neither are scanned though. All the tracks @FT-1 wanted except Yas Marina are scanned. Though with CM Grid games, that probably doesn't mean much.

Or an MSV track like Donington or Oulton Park. Can't remember the last time Oulton was in a CM game.

Tried it on a base PS4:

Liked:
1 - graphics
2 - atmosphere
3 - sound
4 - cockpit
5 - Immersion
6 - Weather

Didn't like:
1 - handling
2 - physics
3 - presentation
4 - AI

You get 3 races to try. GT3, Stockcar and Touring. All races with over aggressive AI which is absolutely terrible. Drifty physics are still there and has that floaty feel to it. The game is easy to pick up and driving is bland. The cockpit immersion is well done and you feel as if you were in the thick of it.

It didn't gave me that feeling of GRID is back. On the contrary. Nice to be able to try it out though.

I'd say: wait for the complete edition on a deep sale.

Did you tried it on the wheel? I think the driving model is pretty decent for an arcade game.

Also AI is one of the strongest points of GRID. It just reacts for your driving. If you play fair and don't attack them they will also won't do this. Try more races and you will see how good it is.

Did you tried it on the wheel? I think the driving model is pretty decent for an arcade game.

Also AI is one of the strongest points of GRID. It just reacts for your driving. If you play fair and don't attack them they will also won't do this. Try more races and you will see how good it is.

I did try it on a wheel. Spend about an hour on the demo. I have no intend to explore this game any further.

I agree the AI is fantastic, one of the best out there IMO. Clean: they don't ram you anymore if you are on the outside of the corner like in Autosport. But not weak, meaning if you dive bomb them, they are not gonna let you space. Very fast in fast tracks with fewer braking zones. And like MroczMR said, they react to your moves and they even defend position.

Downsides: they are very fast in fast tracks... but very slow on tracks with many breaking zones. And a bit shy when overtaking, you can end their overtaking maneuver by turning just a bit the steering wheel.

I'll be less stubborn and give it another shot. Want to check out some more stuff concerning the AI.

After another hour with the game I must correct my minus for the AI. It is indeed a whole lot better than what I experienced the first time. The ramming is gone and it has becomes a lot more refined. I stand corrected!

At the moment you turn of all assist the drivingmodel actually becomes a bit better. Still numb but better. The pivoting is very obvious though and it seriously hurts the feel and what you see on input as well. Replays are weak, like they have been forever in every Codemasters title and how on earth do those games still have no photomode implemented. Choices that are just beyond me.

Besides that I honestly had a décent to somewhat an enjoyable experience the second time around. First impressions of previous post corrected

Advise to purchase the complete edition on deep sale still stands though.

UE is €35 in EU store atm ..

Just recently picked this game up and I'm having fun as usual, but there's one problem that angers me in this game.

They should make an update where the rewind button is always responsive. I keep on pressing it and it doesn't rewind until a few seconds after the disaster had become so bad to such an extent.

My only problem with this game is still the content. Offcourse Career mode should be better also, but with more content it won't hurt so much.

@doblocruiser I have the full game , playing with a wheel, pedals, seat etc, I dont know if the demo is the same, but I had to turn off wheel friction and tyre friction in options as it made the feel and control absolutely horrible...

I don't know why Codemasters keeps adding this option in wheel settings. It was originally a "fake" FFB setting added to simulate tires' SAT (self aligning torque) for older games that doesn't simulate forces from the steering rack. Needless to say every racing game since ~ mid 2000s doesn't need this. It just muddles up the pure FFB coming from the physics engine.

----

On another note, I was originally going to get GRID for PS4 because my PC is barely meeting the recommended requirements, but it's cheaper on Steam and with the voucher I have from my other purchases it is literally $11 for the deluxe edition :lol: So tempted to buy it now...but I shall resist and wait for the full edition down the line. Prolly will be even cheaper then :lol:

Man if only Codemasters put Evo Studios' workforce to good use. Imagine if this game is as polished and packed with content like Driveclub :drool:

If that is "new" tracks my guess is: Spa-Francorchamps, Donington Park and Red Bull Ring.
Although it can also be a date.

Speculation Mode: ON

Okay... So seeing as there are four flags in the first group, I am guessing this would represent the cars in the second DLC pack. Based on my prediction earlier...
Track Day Supercars:
McLaren 675LT
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series
Nissan GT-R Nismo
Audi R8 LMS Ultra
Only one of these stand a chance of being true. :boggled: I think it safe to assume there will be at least one Ferrari and one McLaren.

The next two flags I'm guessing are tracks. My guesses are COTA and Monza scratch that, I just remembered Milan from the original GRID and that's far more likely.

The final flag is almost certainly either the Red Bull Ring or a KTM X-Bow thrown in as a freebie.

Last edited:
If that is "new" tracks my guess is: Spa-Francorchamps, Donington Park and Red Bull Ring.
Although it can also be a date.

If the flags are corresponding to track location, why would the guess be Belgium, Spa?

It might be content of next season though. Red bull Ring, 2 british cars, 2 italian.
Season 2 is called: Track Day Supercars. So maybe something like La Ferrari/FXX-K, Vulcan, Senna/P1 GT-R? But @FT-1 propositions are more suitable for the term "supercar"

Last edited:
Could be referencing Milan as well from Grid. Track day supercars would also fit variations of the KTM Xbow for the Austrian flag?

I think there is a a free weekend going on for the game on steam for any pc gamers out there. It said I could play for free for the next 3 days

I think there is a a free weekend going on for the game on steam for any pc gamers out there. It said I could play for free for the next 3 days

That seems to be the case, they also have the regular version 56% off and the Ultimate at 50% (in the U.S. at least).

I'll take advantage of the trial, it certainly can't hurt. Thanks for the heads-up! :cheers:

Back