GRID 2019

It always makes me laugh that they've invented LikeNoOther hashtag for this game, CopyPaste would be more appropriate. All of the DLC cars are copied from Dirt, right?

The Clio is. The rest of the cars are more or less new. Paris certainly is a rehash.

All of the DLC cars are copied from Dirt, right?

The Mini has never been in a DiRT game. The Audi S1 has appeared as a WRX car in DiRT, but the bodywork is significantly different. The Delta and Clio are most likely based off DiRT models.

I wonder what can we expect for Supercars and Hypercars on Season 2 and 3... Maybe there will be something new from codies...

Speaking of big sale, GRID 2019 is literally on a HEAVY sale, in just one month. Standard is 56% off discount, Ultimate Edition 50% off discount. They already halved the price on an autumn sale.

One month of the game doing extremely poorly, and Codemasters are already desperate.

Yes, in Freeplay. You can set up max 5 rounds, choose the vehicle class, any number of laps (up to 99), any track, any time of day/weather conditions.

At least thats something - pity its only 5 rounds though. I just picked the game up for a reduced £30 - expectations are low so id like to be pleasantly surprised,hehe.

The game is very good. The only problem with it is content.

First impressions on the intro section are pretty good tbh - the graphics are better than i expected after i heard some comments. Have they improved them up to patch 1.06? AI seems nice and varied with cars spinning out. I will play a lot more today.

First impressions on the intro section are pretty good tbh - the graphics are better than i expected after i heard some comments. Have they improved them up to patch 1.06? AI seems nice and varied with cars spinning out. I will play a lot more today.

It was actually improved a little bit. Gameplay is very good. It could be decent game if it had more content and bettter career mode.

So, opinions on S1 DLC
Cars: Nice selection, but I can quite clearly see the S1600 Clio and the Delta Integrale are Dirt Rally Ports. The Audi S1 Quattro looks amazing, and I’m liking what Codies is doing by giving us Tuned cars rather than Stock ones
Tracks: Paris is a nice addition, and it looks absolutely beautiful even on a Base XONE. My one problem is it looks like they ported it straight from GRID2, and you can see this in some of the textures
Events: Poor. Same old same old repetitive career mode dross, and the Ravenwest showdown is still a colossal waste of time

Cars: Nice selection, but I can quite clearly see the S1600 Clio and the Delta Integrale are Dirt Rally Ports. The Audi S1 Quattro looks amazing, and I’m liking what Codies is doing by giving us Tuned cars rather than Stock ones

Yeah this is nice. It fits more GRID than normal stock road cars. And it makes me hyped a little bit for Season 3. We all know it is called "Track Day Hypercars" i think we will see McLaren P1 GTR, Ferrari FXXK, Pagani Zonda R (conversion from GRID2) and maybe Aston Martin Vulcan.

Yeah this is nice. It fits more GRID than normal stock road cars. And it makes me hyped a little bit for Season 3. We all know it is called "Track Day Hypercars" i think we will see McLaren P1 GTR, Ferrari FXXK, Pagani Zonda R (conversion from GRID2) and maybe Aston Martin Vulcan.

Same, I'm looking forward to the next 2 packs. If I am to make predictions based on what cars are in the existing Codies Library, I'd assume these will make an appearance:

Track Day Supercars:
McLaren 675LT
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series
Nissan GT-R Nismo
Audi R8 LMS Ultra

Track Day Hypercars:
Pagani Huayra BC
Koenigsegg One:1
Pagani Zonda R
Zenvo TSR

Same, I'm looking forward to the next 2 packs. If I am to make predictions based on what cars are in the existing Codies Library, I'd assume these will make an appearance:

Track Day Supercars:
McLaren 675LT
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series
Nissan GT-R Nismo
Audi R8 LMS Ultra

Track Day Hypercars:
Pagani Huayra BC
Koenigsegg One:1
Pagani Zonda R
Zenvo TSR

I think they actually will add some completely new cars. They have Porsche and Ferrari licence now after all.

Hopefully the next track is a new one
Mt. Panorama or maybe even Mondello Park?

Again, I'm keeping my expectations low with Codemasters. However, I would like to see a permanent road circuit with multiple layouts (Sorry Spa and Bathurst) return - COTA, Yas Marina, Algarve and the Red Bull Ring are all good shouts.

I'd love to see watkins glen or laguna seca, but I doubt codies would go through licensing and scanning those.

I'd love to see watkins glen or laguna seca, but I doubt codies would go through licensing and scanning those.

They technically have the second part since SMS has both modeled already. They would just need to work out new licensing deals.

PLayed some of the Season 1 DLC.

Those superhatches are fun to drive.
Paris track is great, colors really shine in HDR.

The foundation of this game is very good. If it had twice the tracks we would probably praising this game.

Back