GRID 2019

I just noticed there's no reply in career events :lol:

No photomode - check
No replys - Check

So weird in today's world of being able to share reply and photo's with a click of a button.

Also I must say the BMW M1 Turbo group 5 is one of my favorite cars to drive in this game :bowdown: its so stable in corners and under braking and did i mention its super fast as well. :)

I just noticed there's no reply in career events :lol:

There are replays, you just have to press a button when you are on the results screen. On Xbox it is Y, I'm guessing it is Triangle on Playstation.

The lack of photomode is an issue, but you can still remove the HUD and have the option of replay camera angles
full

Also I must say the BMW M1 Turbo group 5 is one of my favorite cars to drive in this game :bowdown: its so stable in corners and under braking and did i mention its super fast as well. :)

Also one of the best sounding cars.

Damn i hope they will keep on updating this game. I really like it. Tomorrow new DLC is coming out probably i will come back to grid then.

Sound is another factor of why Grid matters. Codemasters has IMO, one of the best sound in the genre. But they only make F1 or rally games, so there is a ton of jewels in the automobile universe that we would not enjoy with that sound technology if it wasn't for Grid.

It's almost like it's their signature. Their sound is second to none, absolutely awesome.

Update is out.

Just tried it... Poor Veyron. It just ridiculous. It's 10-15 seconds slower. Not just dramatically slower on the corners, on the straights too.

It would fit much better in the weird class they created for the Ford GT.

Update is out.

Just tried it... Poor Veyron. It just ridiculous. It's 10-15 seconds slower. Not just dramatically slower on the corners, on the straights too.

It would fit much better in the weird class they created for the Ford GT.
Bet the p1 gtr would had been a better fit :rolleyes:

anyway S3 is still lock for me i ask why on there twitter and they said that for na it'll unlock later :(

PSN being psn i guess :banghead:

I wonder, is this the last DLC for Grid? Because they promised up to three seasons, and we don't know any further plans. But overall I am excited to drive the new cars, except that I am also locked out of them for a while despite being an Ultimate Edition owner.

I'm gonna go grind for my Koenigsegg Jesko when this is all ready though.

Just tried the new cars. Man the Jesko is an absolute unit! Endless power, you keep pulling the next gear...6th...7th...8th...9TH. Yes it has NINE gears :lol: The Agera is similar but not as violent. The FXXK is just a slightly faster FXX. And the Veyron, as predicted is rubbish. Haven't tried the Super GT cars yet but from specs alone new NSX has more power and lighter than GT-R, so no contest there :rolleyes: Suzuka is ok. Proportions and track width are not terribly accurate but not way off like Brands.

Spent an hour getting all the time attack trophies. They are not all the same difficulty. There are easy, medium and hard ones for each season. The easy ones you will beat by a huge margin. The medium one I beat by 1-2 seconds. The hard ones might take you a while if you're not good at this game. The Mini at Havana one took me 15 mins until I figured out to set a 2 lap race so I can get a higher initial speed crossing the line. Even then I still only beat it by a few tenths. Long gearing and focusing on corner exits helped a lot. The Vulcan@Crescent and Jesko@Suzuka took me one try each, but that's because I already know those tracks from previous games.

Anyway, just need to finish up S3 career then I'm done. Managed to buy all cars minus $1.2 mil for the new Ford GT without any grinding, so doing all career mode races are more than enough to buy all of them 👍

The Classic GT40 Invitational is one of the worst, most infuriating driving experiences I've ever had in a game. No matter how much I try to tune this car, it always wants to spin. No matter how much I try to adjust my driving and keep power on while braking, it always wants to spin. Even with full TCS and Stability Control activated, it still wants to spin! Couple this god-awful car with the AI's horrible racecraft (which I've mostly tolerated so far, but it seems to be particularly bad in the 60's events), and the seemingly infinite grip that the other GT40's, and I'm about to pull my hair out. :banghead:

This car needs a complete handling overhaul, and a sound re-work, stat. I don't want it to be as grippy as an F1 car, but the GT40 shouldn't be instantly trying to kill you when shown even the slightest bit of steering angle. Oh, did I mention that the engine sound is absolute garbage?

/rant

Believe it or not, even with all of that, I've actually been enjoying the game for the most part. I just wish the multiplayer wasn't already dead.

I agree this car is a deathtrap. I know the real car is not easy to drive, but a car that can win a 24h race shouldn't want to kill you in every corner. Weird thing is they got the physics a lot better in GAS. Not sure why they decided to go backwards in this game.

Playing this game really makes you appreciate PD and their ability to create original tracks. The ones in Grid are so forgettable that I haven't even remembered the layout to any of them, I'm still using the mini map (which itself is abysmal and too zoomed in) just to know where I'm going in most races on them. Oh and **** reversed tracks as well, utterly hate them.

IMO Codies are probably the only devs I would put on par with PD in terms of fictional track layout design (graphics obviously goes to PD). Though admittedly I have been playing with most of these tracks since Grid 1 so I'm used to them and they hold a lot of sentimental value to me. I would agree tho that the new Havana and Shanghai tracks are not as good as their previous ones. Too many identical 90 degree corners. The only new track that I like is Nanpu Bridge - the spiral bridge makes it instantly memorable.

The problem with these tracks (especially the city ones) are the high kerbs which are instant-kill switch with this game's physics. For some reason Codies decided to remove all suspension movement so any sudden bump and off you go spinning. In previous games they are not an issue. People have also ported a lot of these tracks (e.g. San Fran, Okutama, Barcelona) to Assetto Corsa, and they are wonderful to drive with proper physics too. Unlike say Forza converted tracks which have always felt too cartoonish for me.

Reverse variants of real world tracks, I agree they're dumb. Even more annoying that they seem to outnumber the correct direction in career mode :banghead: In season 1 there is a 10 lap endurance race at Silverstone in the Renault F1. You guessed it - reversed variant. Hated every lap of that race.

Last edited by a moderator:
The career multiplier doesn't increase credits rewards in the same amount, Isn't it?

If you do x5 laps, you don't get x5 the credits. More like twice or so.

Seems strange that season 3 career events don't seem to have any Super Gt races even after they added Suzuka and the Nissan and Acura.

Lap time for each car in Sepang International Circuit full

Bugatti Veyron - 1:55.716 - Slow in corners but pretty stable under braking.

Koenigsegg Jesko - 1:49.394 - Good in corners a little unstable under braking i found.

Koenigsegg Agera RS - 1:47.091 - Better at cornering then the jesko but unstable under braking as well.

Ferrari FXXK EVO - 1:49.394 - Slow in corners but stable under braking an in corners overall it just feels heavy not as much as the Veyron.

The career multiplier doesn't increase credits rewards in the same amount, Isn't it?

If you do x5 laps, you don't get x5 the credits. More like twice or so.

I did some digging: career lap multiplier doesn't affect at all the credits earnings.

I said you get double or so with x5 multiplier... because I did a race with x5, and then I repeated it with x1 multiplier. I got double the credits with x5 because it was the first time I did that race.

I did the same experiment with another race, but this time I did the x1 race before the x5.
PS_Messages_20200415_231426.jpg
PS_Messages_20200415_231422.jpg

PD: I had to repeat the 16 minutes race because in the first try, I crashed in the last lap. This was literally (and I mean literally) my face at that moment.

Last edited:
So, bought the Agera RS. Love, love, love it's handling, accelerates like a banshee, and it's a little fidgety under brakes, but nothing too crazy. Its engine note however...:yuck:. Sounds like the same engine file from the Super Modified Evo. Looks like the Jesko will be my next purchase.

Also, looking at the even types, Season 3 is going to be quite expensive when it comes to cars.

On a separate note, I think they might've buffed career credits? I'm not sure. I was going through the GRID World Series before the patch, I started the Prototype Series just now. I earned 500,000 credits from a team 1-2 in the first race. :eek: I know the GRID World Series has bigger payouts compared to regular events, and this is a fresh championship start, but the other 3 series didn't pay out even half that much for a similar result.

Efit: On second inspection, it seems I was mistaken about career credits being buffed.

Last edited:
I don't even bother about F1 car since with deluxe edition i have the black carbon one. And I rarely use F1 car in GRID.

My first car bought in Season 3 was ACURA NSX GT... Great car. I realy love the addition of GT500 class (even without Lexus and older Nissan GTR)

BTW. Nissan GTR has real world liveries.. Very nice addition :)

I don't even bother about F1 car since with deluxe edition i have the black carbon one. And I rarely use F1 car in GRID.

My first car bought in Season 3 was ACURA NSX GT... Great car. I realy love the addition of GT500 class (even without Lexus and older Nissan GTR)

BTW. Nissan GTR has real world liveries.. Very nice addition :)
I have that f1 to is just to buy all the cars and get that out of the way so i can focus on finishing Seasons 1,2,3 :)

Done :bowdown:

Finished buying all the cars and still have so many events left to do it be nice if there was a option to exchange left over money for more experience points.

giphy.gif

I would be in shock if support didn't end with S3

I think the only real chance of there being further DLC for Grid is if they have licences for tracks and cars that they haven't used yet, as they won't just cut their losses on something they've paid for.

Latest Posts

Back