GRID 2019

This is the reason why i hate this stupid AI in this game :crazy: Does this moron of a ai even know your on the damn track?

Pretty much rage quit after that :boggled:

🤬 Moron of a AI

Not one bit surprise you would defend the stupid AI in this game but.. My video proof this point made by Stephen220378

AI: Usual garbage racing game standard. Not many (if any) random mistakes, they're slow as hell in the wet, have absolutely no regard for your position on track and will turn into you at a corner as they seem to just follow the racing line regardless of whether you're there or not. The nemesis feature isn't much of a big deal, I think I only encountered a rare side swipe or two, for a feature they hyped up before launch its pretty dismal. The team mate feature is mediocre as well, it basically boils down to let them race as normal or tell them to go fast or slow.

And no i wasn't in his blindspot cause that AI driver was blocking me the whole time. it should had stayed down and allow me to pass on that side but no. :rolleyes:

No it doesn't proof that, it's just one gif in one particular situation. But it might proof the AI has some troubles with that particular type of wall. I'm not joking, I suffered the same in other oval track.

But most of the time, the AI always recognizes you. They are even a bit too shy IMO.

No it doesn't proof that, it's just one gif in one particular situation. But it might proof the AI has some troubles with that particular type of wall. I'm not joking, I suffered the same in other oval track.

But most of the time, the AI always recognizes you. They are even a bit too shy IMO.
I driven enough miles in this game that i could make over a hour long montage of all the things the ai have done that include but not limited to.

Hitting me into the wall for no reason.
Pit maneuvering me.
Spinning me out.
Crossing from one side of the track to the other just to try and block me.
The list is endless

I yet to have a clean race with this AI :indiff:

Unless i qualify and start first of course :rolleyes:

I had plenty of clean races with this AI, but this is more easy on race tracks like Red Bull ring etc than city tracks which are automatically more crowded. The AI reacts very lively. If you hit them they will give it back. This is what i saw and i am playing this game since launch. There are occasional hits and taps if you race clean... But to be honest it is in every racing. This AI is just more aggresive (due to arcade feel of game) than in normal sim, but it also ways better than GT Sport approach with lifeless robots driving on a parade.

I also have plenty of Clean races with the AI in this game. Also being playing since release.

I really prefer this kind of AI over the trainparades of AI in other games. In other games you are basically driving glorified time trials with other cars.
This is just action packed racing and if sometimes some racing rules get broken, who cares. You can push the rewind option if you want to.
Just enjoy the game for what it is without taking it all so seriously.

By the way does anyone know what kind of game/sim is Grid?
Can I still play with it in my little corner even if I don't have internet connection?

Meaning that: do you to be connected to their server in order to play ? If so, if ever they decide to stop supporting the game, it will be obsolete?

In the rush of buying the digital copy, I forgot to ask this question.

Meaning that: do you to be connected to their server in order to play ? If so, if ever they decide to stop supporting the game, it will be obsolete?

Nope, GRID (including career mode) is playable offline. If the plug is pulled one day, you can still play solo races.

Nope, GRID (including career mode) is playable offline. If the plug is pulled one day, you can still play solo races.

Thank you!! I feel better

because I don't have subscriptions for my ps4 pro and because I don't that much time to dedicate to gaming...

I don't play on regular or typical schedule, only when it's convenient or when I need to decompress...

Freeplay Time attack
Silver levels 01 :bowdown:
Just for fun

How anyone can defend this 🤬 ai is beyond me :crazy:

That ai car just moves over to hit me and make me loose control for no reason.

Freeplay Time attack
Silver levels 01 :bowdown:
Just for fun

How anyone can defend this 🤬 ai is beyond me :crazy:

That ai car just moves over to hit me and make me loose control for no reason.

Actually the AI moves move to defend before the braking zone, then just before contact you actually turn into him then realise youve missed your braking point and slam on brakes,

My 2c but you should of moved over to the left once the AI defended and then hit your brake marker as per usual,

PS you don't have to overtake at every corner

I love when they do that. ACC AI does that too I believe. Sometimes I don't care the outside is clear and I take the inside like "no sir, I'm taking that gap, stay behind" :lol:

Those are the times when I enjoy more batting with them.

As @MagpieRacer says, the ultimate edition is down 75% right now. I'm a FH4 regular player and I also play FM7 and PC2 from time to time.
My last experiences with the Grid series were Grid 2 on Game Pass, which I enjoyed quite a lot, and Grid Autosport, which had a very good campaign (practice-qualifying-race day), but at this point looks very dated. In your opinion, is GRID worth it at this point, or I just wait and save for PC3 or Forza 8?

As @MagpieRacer says, the ultimate edition is down 75% right now. I'm a FH4 regular player and I also play FM7 and PC2 from time to time.
My last experiences with the Grid series were Grid 2 on Game Pass, which I enjoyed quite a lot, and Grid Autosport, which had a very good campaign (practice-qualifying-race day), but at this point looks very dated. In your opinion, is GRID worth it at this point, or I just wait and save for PC3 or Forza 8?
For the ultimate edition I think it’s worth it. Not a fan of the latest Grid game I’ll admit, however there’s plenty of people who do enjoy it, so it’s worth a try.

Its fun title if a little too easy/shallow, but what I like about it is that you can relax playing it. Some vehicles are a better than others, im most of the way through it and would highly recommend it while its discounted. I think I paid 12 for it definitely worth it. The best way to play it is with damage off on hard difficulty and dont qualify and really bash your way through the pack, I get a lot of fun out of it throwing the car up the inside n late braking. The tracks are pretty decent the infield circuits of the american tracks are good as is shanghai, San Francisco and the long Japanese mountain pass route is fun. Driving Suzuka and Silverstone in reverse was quite refreshing. Its certainly arcade style reminds me of dirt showdown a bit in gameplay terms... Its distinct enough from other driving titles to add to a driving game collection. The faster cars are generally better but some of the heavier american cars have some nice sideways mechanics.

Last edited:
For the money you can get it for now it is definitely worth it.

Long time I was avoiding it, and recently bought it on sale. What a suprise! Really digging it. Very fun arcade racer. Reminds me driveclub so much. AI is fun and challenging. Graphics are nice, sound is amazing. Rain sound from the cockpit is something else.

Question for you guys. What difficulty setting you are playing? Right now I'm on hard AI and sometimes it's really hard to win, unless you are doing qualifying. But if starting in first, the race is kinda boring. I feel like there should be a middle ground. Any tips?

Long time I was avoiding it, and recently bought it on sale. What a suprise! Really digging it. Very fun arcade racer. Reminds me driveclub so much. AI is fun and challenging. Graphics are nice, sound is amazing. Rain sound from the cockpit is something else.

Question for you guys. What difficulty setting you are playing? Right now I'm on hard AI and sometimes it's really hard to win, unless you are doing qualifying. But if starting in first, the race is kinda boring. I feel like there should be a middle ground. Any tips?
I played the Career on hard to have a challenge but not have it as a real frustrating experience that you don't make process. Never did a qualification.
As you put in the hours you get to know the tracks so you can drive pretty much every track on a decent pace without practice.

Freeplay I play on Very hard.

I been playing this game for time now alongside FH4 and FM7, and "not taking it seriously" is what I like about it! A perfect contender to keep you tied if you're like me whose waiting for the Xbox event to see Forza 8. :D

Get the ultimate if it's still on sale right now to get all season packs and credit boost. 👍

My tip is race double length races (really helps with the narrower street tracks) it gives you more time to get through the pack , I race on hard without qualifying and the damage turned off so I can get my elbows out, which is fair as the AI aren't shy of hitting you are they lol

late braking is the easiest way to overtake the AI are always early braking into corners

My tip is race double length races (really helps with the narrower street tracks) it gives you more time to get through the pack , I race on hard without qualifying and the damage turned off so I can get my elbows out, which is fair as the AI aren't shy of hitting you are they lol

late braking is the easiest way to overtake the AI are always early braking into corners
Thanks for the late-breaking tip. It worked for me! I'm winning races now starting at the end of the grid.

So, I made up my mind and got the Ultimate Edition for about USD$15 and so far I'm pleased.

Apart from the very pretty graphics (Xbox One X, 1440p, 1ms monitor) the gameplay/campaign is kind of a mix between Autosport and Grid 2. It's better to drive with a light touch and be mindful of when to brake (and how much) and when to put the power down. AI is a mixed bag, but it is more interesting competition than FM7's driveatars.

Last edited:
Back