GRID AS suggestions (with like function!)

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 218 comments

mister dog

(Banned)
Belgium
Spain
misterdog
misterdog7
Well, copying the GT suggestions forum here.
Here are the rules to follow please;

- Keep your suggestion short and put it in bold letters (so if people want to react, we can easily distinguish the suggestion posts from the reactions), it has to be one suggestion max per post.
- For the others, if you like an idea then 'like it' by pressing the like button, so we can distinguish the most popular ideas also.

-it's more for suggestions that will improve the game and the experience as opposed to a 'content wish list', so please use the wishlist thread if you want cars, tracks etcetera.

Here's my maiden suggestion:
-Change the action replay camera; dump the shots with close ups of the cars themselves, we like to see a TV style replay if possible with trackside cams, so we can see how we took our lines through those corners and imagine it is a real TV replay we're watching.

Gentlemen, start liking :D

Last edited:
This is a great thread.... and something I can feed directly back to the team :)

With that in mind.... @Johnnypenso ... hope you don't mind, but I've put your suggestion here.

-The (overtake) chevron disappears when someone is beside you if they are far enough away on the track. The chevron should never disappear if a car is beside you no matter how far away it is. Perhaps a change in size to indicate a car is far away would work. The chevron should change in some significant way when a car both about to overlap you and when it does. Perhaps a flashing or colour change. Maybe turn yellow when the car is within 1 car length, and red when it is overlapping you.

1) More variety in team and driver performances. Do Ravenwest really need to win every event? Do Team Kicker need to come second all the time?

2) Fix the event rival function to pick the most relevant driver to be you rival. If I'm four points ahead of Evan Kennedy, then he should be my rival, because he's the one whose position I want to know. I don't care about Nathan McKane, especially when he is eight seconds ahead of me and has an unassailable championship lead.

3) Record the names of every driver. It's pretty lazy when Sherman refers to your event rival as "your event rival" and your team-mate as "your team-mate". Especially when other drivers have names recorded. It might sound like a silly little thing, but it goes a long way to creating an atmosphere.

4) More teams, please.

5) Kill Tuner events. Completely.

Don't know if this can apply to GAS at this stage but this is a general suggestion.

- Add DLC content to existing categories, don't create new ones

Prime example of this was the IndyCar in Grid 2. Sure, I had it, but hardly anyone else did, meaning that I wasn't even able to race with other people online using it.

If, for example, the Volvo or Nissan V8 Supercars were added *HINT*, then I'd have more opportunities to use them than if the cars were segregated in another discipline (like, I dunno, BriSCA F1 *HINT HINT*).

The ability to choose your team-mate.

For example, if I join Razer Motorsport in a Category-C Touring Car championship, I get Diego Garcia as my team-mate. But Garcia isn't a great team-mate - he's sloppy and inconsistent and easily pressured into a mistake. If I want to make a serious stand for a teams' championship position, he's a terrible choice. I'd rather have Dimitrios Varga, the guy I replaced, as my team-mate. He's not much better than Garcia, but he's still a better choice to begin with, and that's enough for me (Garcia is still better than Formula C's Tommy King, though). If the driver personalities are distinct enough, it could open up some strategy options. Maybe we could have the choice between more experienced and less experienced team-mates. The more experienced drivers can get results, but are less likely to listen to instructions. Less experienced drivers can be erratic, but will follow directions more readily (like "Defend", which is pretty much "Give me your position").

It would work well if there was the aforementioned greater variation in team and driver performance.

- Full BTCC license

I want to battle Neal, Giovanardi, Menu, Plato, Goff and Turkington and race in the Super Tourers of the 90ties :bowdown: It would be the ultimate wet dream come true: A proper BTCC racer and the return of TOCA. Not sure though if the GRID-franchise would take a direction like that. Could be another IP but still....:bowdown::D

@anim8r_uk You think codies will follow this game up and improve it via patches a lot? So also minor improvements apart from bug fixes?

I'm asking as i got the feeling (correct me if i'm wrong), that with codies games they patched the initial bugs and then added nothing anymore apart from DLC.

Last edited:
A scalable mini map!! I would like the mini-map to zoom out when learning new tracks. As it is it's hard to see the next corner on the map before it's upon you at 250 km/h. Then when racing I like to zoom in so I can see everyone close to me without having to hit buttons and change my view. This worked beautifully in GT5 and they took it out for GT6:mad::mad:. It's a great feature to aid in clean racing as well.

Either take the AI out of RaceNet Challenges or make them super competitive. I'm not a fan of AI in timed challenges to begin with but I can see the appeal for others. But putting in AI that are just moving roadblocks ala GT6 just makes them an annoyance and detracts from the event IMO. The Indy Challenge was a good example. Find the correct path to blow through the AI without slowing then run alone for 2.5 laps. Turn up the jets and make them the same speed as me so I have to draft on the last lap to win...or leave them out altogether.

I would like to have the option of a fully customisable HUD.

I'd love to be able to place the dials in the bottom centre of the screen instead of bottom right, I've never liked my dials out if my line of sight.

Also the option to be able to turn on/off every single piece of info displayed, for instance I don't need my tyre condition indicators displayed unless I'm in an endurance race.

- More Group GT1 class racing cars like the Aston Martin DBR9, Lamborghini Murcielago R-SV GT1, etc. I really enjoyed the GT1 class from the Race Driver Grid 2008 game and it's kinda sad that the GT1 class officially retired after 2012 on European motorsports and stuff like that.

Endless Elimination Mode.

As per normal elimination mode, but when eliminated the driver gets placed a second in front of the leading driver. 1 point added for every time you're eliminated. Least points at the end of the round wins.

Turn the timer down to 5-10 seconds for real insanity. :D

I'm sure somebody somewhere has made this already, but it sprung into my mind while doing the party challenge this week. Would be cool fun with a group of friends when drunk, nobody has to sit out when eliminated and even the crappiest people get to lead the race. Especially the crappiest people. ;)

Back