GRID AS suggestions (with like function!)

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 218 comments
True. It should get you a pretty good idea of learning the track though. Adapting the other cars wouldn't be so hard afterwards. Otherwise you could just set 20 lap races and x5 race length for the other disciplines 👍

A free practice/time trial mode.

Don't get me wrong - I love how the easiest method of improving your lap time is to race; I just shaved four seconds off my time around Mount Panorama in a Super Tourer simply by chasing the AI and figuring out where I could push (turns out I was braking fifty metres too early into Griffins' Bend for one). But with free practice limited to ten minutes in career mode, it can be extremely difficult to learn some of the longer circuits like Okutama and Spa Reverse, especially when you're stepping up to a new class of car.
In custom cup you can set it to "time attack" instead of "race", so it's basically the same no?
You guys didn't discover it yet? :dopey:

In custom cup you can set it to "time attack" instead of "race", so it's basically the same no?
You guys didn't discover it yet? :dopey:
The downside of it though is the fact that there's AI traffic during Time Attack (and has a time or lap limit as well, IIRC?). The option to disable them would be great.

Edit :
Suggestion; The option to disbable AI and (/or increase) lap count/time limit in Time Attack.

Last edited:
The downside of it though is the fact that there's AI traffic during Time Attack (and has a time or lap limit as well, IIRC?). The option to disable them would be great.
Put that in bold as this is the suggestion we need ;)

- Upgrade AI difficulty to Hard for Racenet challenges.

Just too much of a carnage at every first corner with the current AI's speed in those challenges. I suspect they're programmed on medium or easy difficulty but each 1st corner is a lottery to get past all of them, in order to be on the pace as it's your time that counts. If they would be on hard at least it wouldn't feel like they are moving obstacles in a time trial, but it's a proper race and you are able to set fast laps without them getting in the way all the time.

It reminds me of GT5's AI before the dreaded chase the rabbit patch became reality, and you had standing starts but the AI were so bloody slow at every apex.

Back