GRID AS suggestions (with like function!)

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 218 comments
Hopefully they will be improving the car indicator (chevron?) on ps3 then at least.

I drive from in car or using the bonnet view, and I feel bad when I screw up and bump a driver trying to make a clean pass on a wide section of the track, yeah I should go faster so they don't catch me but I am just not that good :dopey:

A better qualifying format for street races.

I understand the appeal of having reverse championship standings to set the grid, but it gives a massive advantage to some teams in the first race, when the grid is Noah's Ark - two by two, arranged in teams.

Would like to see the bumper cam improved:

Though it relays a good sense of movement and innertia, I believe it does not dip and rise properly under braking and acceleration. Furthermore, cars with heavier chassis and softer suspensions.. the cam should tilt more around bends.

Looking forward to these in the next GA game!

Really???? You don't think the AI puts up a GOOD fight on the hardest difficulty?

Do you play with damage off by any chance? Wheel or controller?

I'm on full damage, no aids, hardest difficulty on a controller. And I find it quite easy to win. I'm not sure, usually Codies AI at the hardest difficulty are aliens. Is my game copy bugged? :odd:

Yesterday for instance, I was doing one of the top tier endurance series in the Lola LMP. And despite not knowing my way around Circuit of the Americas in reverse and driving quite crappy laps, I still won by 10+ seconds...

I'm on full damage, no aids, hardest difficulty on a controller. And I find it quite easy to win. I'm not sure, usually Codies AI at the hardest difficulty are aliens. Is my game copy bugged? :odd:

Yesterday for instance, I was doing one of the top tier endurance series in the Lola LMP. And despite not knowing my way around Circuit of the Americas in reverse and driving quite crappy laps, I still won by 10+ seconds...

What's you fastest lap time in a Cat C touring Car around Brand Hatch? Just wondering so I can compare to AI times to see if you do have a buggy copy... (although, I can't see how a whole game could be buggy like that)

Maybe you're just super fast?

There are a few circuits where the artificial intelligence is naturally stupid, and COTA is one of them. Abu Dhabi - especially the International circuit - is another. Even on the highest difficulty levels, the AI tends to take a fairly leisurely racing line through the fast sweepers. For example, when racing at Abu Dhabi International in Formula C, I can take the second sector at roughly 175km/h lap after lap (and if I'm brave, another 10km/h faster), and get a second on the AI.

What's you fastest lap time in a Cat C touring Car around Brand Hatch? Just wondering so I can compare to AI times to see if you do have a buggy copy... (although, I can't see how a whole game could be buggy like that)

Maybe you're just super fast?

I just did a 1:24'32 with a couple of tenths to still find with the stock setup using the BMW 320i. ;) Is that fast, I'm not sure. Though I did beat McKane by nearly a second.

There are a few circuits where the artificial intelligence is naturally stupid, and COTA is one of them. Abu Dhabi - especially the International circuit - is another. Even on the highest difficulty levels, the AI tends to take a fairly leisurely racing line through the fast sweepers. For example, when racing at Abu Dhabi International in Formula C, I can take the second sector at roughly 175km/h lap after lap (and if I'm brave, another 10km/h faster), and get a second on the AI.

That is true, I've noticed that as well. That's why I'm hoping for a patch sooner or later which could address that issue.

Last edited:

That's ridiculous and quite impossible I assure you! Check your difficulty settings again. Or get a new copy or something.

GA's AI is the hardest I've experienced in any racing game (that I've played) to date. They will genuinely put up a good fight. So far, I've been playing tuner, touring and street only. They're pretty tough - I play on the level one step short of max difficulty.

Don't know if the AI's programmed differently on endurance and open wheel. But so far, that's unheard of. Everybody's been leaving positive comments on how friggin challenging and human-like the AI is.

I've double checked my difficulty settings many times now, it's always on Very Hard AI (Pro in the Italian version). I'm waiting for anim8r_uk to confirm my lap time and check the AI times. If my game copy really is bugged (which I find weird), it means another 50 euros to spend... :(

I've double checked my difficulty settings many times now, it's always on Very Hard AI (Pro in the Italian version). I'm waiting for anim8r_uk to confirm my lap time and check the AI times. If my game copy really is bugged (which I find weird), it means another 50 euros to spend... :(

Hmmm... your AI seems to be slow then..... I'm seeing AI do lap times of 1:21 in Cat C on Brand Hatch with Difficulty set to Very Hard. If you're doing 1:24s, then you wouldn't be winning.

If you're AI aren't putting in those sorts of times on the hardest difficulty, then it does sound very odd.

I doubt the issue is with your actual disc... but maybe the Game Data...... really not sure what you could do to fix it though. I'd suggest contacting Codemasters support and giving a detailed breakdown of your issue so they can help find a solution for you.

Sorry I can't be of more help :(

Hmmm... your AI seems to be slow then..... I'm seeing AI do lap times of 1:21 in Cat C on Brand Hatch with Difficulty set to Very Hard. If you're doing 1:24s, then you wouldn't be winning.

If you're AI aren't putting in those sorts of times on the hardest difficulty, then it does sound very odd.

1:21??? That's alien like!! What is going on with my game, only God knows... :(

1:21??? That's alien like!! What is going on with my game, only God knows... :(

Yup.... I thought they were very fast too.... I'm still 2 secs off their pace at times..... but I'd expect that on the hardest level.

Any chance you could record the AI times in Cat C on Brands compared to you? If your AI are slower than you and you're winning easily, then I'd say that's an issue. Without sounding big headed, but I'm pretty good, but I'm having a hard time winning races, let alone easily.

Maybe we should move this out of this thread and into the Bug tracking thread instead?

Yup.... I thought they were very fast too.... I'm still 2 secs off their pace at times..... but I'd expect that on the hardest level.

Any chance you could record the AI times in Cat C on Brands compared to you? If your AI are slower than you and you're winning easily, then I'd say that's an issue. Without sounding big headed, but I'm pretty good, but I'm having a hard time winning races, let alone easily.

Maybe we should move this out of this thread and into the Bug tracking thread instead?

What do you mean by recording their times? Take a photo of the race standings? We can go to another thread, if you want. :)

Ah, ok. Well, when I tested my lap time (which was a time trial event), the AI was running 1:25's and downwards. Later I did the Grid Grand Slam where half of the field including me were doing 1:24's and 1:25's. Never ever has any AI racer done a 1:21 in my game.

I wonder how bad it is for me then with the most plagued discipline: Endurance. :indiff:

Ah, ok. Well, when I tested my lap time (which was a time trial event), the AI was running 1:25's and downwards. Later I did the Grid Grand Slam where half of the field including me were doing 1:24's and 1:25's. Never ever has any AI racer done a 1:21 in my game.

I wonder how bad it is for me then with the most plagued discipline: Endurance. :indiff:

That doesn't sound right to me :(

That's scary to hear... :nervous: I like this game so much but the AI is plaguing it for me. :(

Btw, I know you're more into Touring but have you tried Endurance?

Separate wheels from livery in Online.

I think it would be better to not include wheels as part of the livery. I want to have different wheels for street cars, but they look weird on full race cars. The wheels I want on my Street Ford Focus I don't want on my GT3 MB SLS. For convenience sake I put my club livery on every car, but I can't change the wheels individually.

I was curious with this pace discussion(not about my pace lol, I know I'm a bit slow), so I ran a couple of custom cup Cat C Touring races at Brands, the best AI time I saw on very hard was 1:25.2. The top AI cars were usually mid :25s They may have been waiting a bit for me as I was only running about 1:27.0 in the cruze. I quit qualifying once and they still did 1:25. Theirs bests in the race were about the same whether I ran with the front of the pack or started from the rear and climbed to mid-pack over the 5 laps. My own times were basically identical with full upgrades and no upgrades.

I checked what happened changing difficulty to hard, and they did get slower, ran 1:27s in both qualifying and the race. I thought at first I was going to get away in my test race on hard and see if Westley would speed up when following me, but stuff happened and I was back-and-forth among the top 3 with racing going on and slowing us down.

I don't keep track of times so no idea if there's any difference in the career mode.

This is on PS3.

Allow you to save liveries globally and load them on any car. And don't limit the number of saved liveries you can have. This was done right in Grid 2 but for some reason they changed it. I don't want to re-do everything for every car that I have.

Allow you to save liveries globally and load them on any car. And don't limit the number of saved liveries you can have. This was done right in Grid 2 but for some reason they changed it. I don't want to re-do everything for every car that I have.

This is kind of related to mine. I make my livery the Racenet Club livery so that I don't have to redo it for every car, but it doesn't let you change the wheels individually.

A free practice/time trial mode.

Don't get me wrong - I love how the easiest method of improving your lap time is to race; I just shaved four seconds off my time around Mount Panorama in a Super Tourer simply by chasing the AI and figuring out where I could push (turns out I was braking fifty metres too early into Griffins' Bend for one). But with free practice limited to ten minutes in career mode, it can be extremely difficult to learn some of the longer circuits like Okutama and Spa Reverse, especially when you're stepping up to a new class of car.

Latest Posts

Back