Grid Autosport (General Discussion)

Vote for the name of Team Gtplanet

• Total voters
Super GT are pretty tricky cars to be honest. I usually handle these types of cars very well too. It could be that I drive the HSV because the GT-R is too ugly for me though.

The best looking car on the grid is the one that crosses the finish line first đź‘Ť

Super GT are pretty tricky cars to be honest. I usually handle these types of cars very well too. It could be that I drive the HSV because the GT-R is too ugly for me though.

When you are driving you are not looking at the car ;)

Seriously though, it's not your fault. The Super GT cars have too much understeer modelled in this game for some reason. It's like the rear downforce is much higher than the front. Unfortunately we can't change front/rear downforce separately, so that's that :grumpy:

When you are driving you are not looking at the car ;)

Seriously though, it's not your fault. The Super GT cars have too much understeer modelled in this game for some reason. It's like the rear downforce is much higher than the front. Unfortunately we can't change front/rear downforce separately, so that's that :grumpy:
I actually drive in third-person view so I do have to see the cars rear end :lol:

The GT-R is faster than the HSV, so try to use a team that gives you a GT-R. Also remember to take off upgrades as they slow you down. See post #2958 in this thread.
Thanks but I'm on mobile and I'm unable to see number of posts in a thread. Maybe I'm missing something. Can you please tell me why upgrades slow my car down? Is it a bug?

I actually drive in third-person view so I do have to see the cars rear end :lol:

:lol: Well that changes everything. In that case just paste a picture of the HSV's rear end on your TV screen so you can choose any car and still look good :P

Thanks but I'm on mobile and I'm unable to see number of posts in a thread. Maybe I'm missing something. Can you please tell me why upgrades slow my car down? Is it a bug?

Yeah it's a glitch Codies doesn't bother fixing. Installing upgrades just slows you down in accel/braking/handling. The only thing it helps is top speed (which is only useful for ovals really). The top players on the leaderboards never use any upgrades. It should also be noted that changing car settings (the sliders) DOES work and can make you faster (a bit).

:lol: Well that changes everything. In that case just paste a picture of the HSV's rear end on your TV screen so you can choose any car and still look good :P

Yeah it's a glitch Codies doesn't bother fixing. Installing upgrades just slows you down in accel/braking/handling. The only thing it helps is top speed (which is only useful for ovals really). The top players on the leaderboards never use any upgrades. It should also be noted that changing car settings (the sliders) DOES work and can make you faster (a bit).
I found a good setup for Spa my favourite track and decent tyre consumption as well. Now the Hsv handle like a proper SuperGt.

Attachments

• 20150312_000723.jpg
    20150312_000723.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 26
I found a good setup for Spa my favourite track and decent tyre consumption as well. Now the Hsv handle like a proper SuperGt.

Nice I'll give it a try the next time I'm driving a HSV.

Increasing the downforce that much might be detrimental to top speed and overall lap time though. Spa is a high speed track so sacrificing a bit of handling for top speed would be better I think. And just so you know, brake bias is reversed in this game (a glitch, again). Front bias cause oversteer, and rear bias cause understeer.

I've finished writing down the first dicipline of my custom career mode, Touring. Haven't started testing it myself but I'm waiting till I complete 3 diciplines. (Next up is Open Wheel and then Classic).

You progress championships through Points you get from a championship. When you get a certain amount, you unlock a Championship from all disciplines that require the amount of points. However, some require an additional requirement (example; To enter the V8 Supercars series you need 660 total pointsas well as come 3rd or higher in either; V8 Utes-U.S, V8 Utes-Euro and V8 Utes-Australia)

Nice I'll give it a try the next time I'm driving a HSV.

Increasing the downforce that much might be detrimental to top speed and overall lap time though. Spa is a high speed track so sacrificing a bit of handling for top speed would be better I think. And just so you know, brake bias is reversed in this game (a glitch, again). Front bias cause oversteer, and rear bias cause understeer.
Usually yes too much downforce isn't the best setup at Spa but in this game I feel SuperGt have considerably less downforce than GT5 so in GAS my laptimes benefit because I can flatout Eau Rouge, therefore at the end of the straight I'm quicker and then on high speed turns downforce help quite a lot. But I don't pretend my setup to be the fastest I'm aware there are aliens in this planet :). About brake bias I'm not sure it's reversed, maybe it's not on all cars.

I've finished writing down the first dicipline of my custom career mode, Touring. Haven't started testing it myself but I'm waiting till I complete 3 diciplines. (Next up is Open Wheel and then Classic).

You progress championships through Points you get from a championship. When you get a certain amount, you unlock a Championship from all disciplines that require the amount of points. However, some require an additional requirement (example; To enter the V8 Supercars series you need 660 total pointsas well as come 3rd or higher in either; V8 Utes-U.S, V8 Utes-Euro and V8 Utes-Australia)
Sounds brilliant, a custom career mode I do hope Codemasters will keep this great feature in all their future games!

Last edited:
About brake bias I'm not sure it's reversed, maybe it's not on all cars.

It is reversed on all cars. It's not apparent when you have ABS on, so test it with ABS off. Max front bias will cause you to spin on braking, and max rear bias will cause you to plow straight ahead. Trust me.

I plan on getting Grid Autosport (PS3) within a week. Any tips to keep my gameplay smooth?

Get a wheel :P

I find myself to be faster on Grid Autosport using the ds3 over my wheel. I suppose its because I dont enjoy the way the force feedback is setup in the game. However, Grid Autosport with a wheel is a 100 times better than it was on Grid2.

It is reversed on all cars. It's not apparent when you have ABS on, so test it with ABS off. Max front bias will cause you to spin on braking, and max rear bias will cause you to plow straight ahead. Trust me.
I have ABS on, I'll turn it off and see if I can be consistent without it. Thanks for the tip.
I plan on getting Grid Autosport (PS3) within a week. Any tips to keep my gameplay smooth?
Do it. I think the point of this game is not completing the career at all costs
it' the fun you have while racing. You can also create your events.
SuperGT at Spa is now my "go to" Endurance race.

You can start with Toruing and Street cars to settle with the game controls, leave Formula an Drift series for later, or eventually if you are like me, skip drift completely.

Last edited:
I have ABS on, I'll turn it off and see if I can be consistent without it. Thanks for the tip.

I find it quite hard to be consistent with ABS off in GAS (for comparison I drive with ABS off all the time in GT6). There is not enough wheel FFB to let you know when you're on the threshold of lockup and the braking physics itself seems to lack the resolution needed for proper modulation. The point of turning ABS off is just to see the effects of extreme brake bias. With ABS on, I put the brake bias on maximum front on all my cars. It's a subtle difference, but it helps turn in just a little bit.

I've been trying to figure out drag setups since getting the game, the gt6 method doesn't seem to work well and is frustrating the hell out of me

I kinda forgot there was DLC. Maybe I should pick up some :lol:

I started writing up the Open Wheel Events for my custom Career. There isn't much to work with variety since there is only 3 Classes however I tried to make each similar race series race on different tracks and have unique race formats to make each one somewhat interesting.

I've been trying to figure out drag setups since getting the game, the gt6 method doesn't seem to work well and is frustrating the hell out of me

Here's the setting that I use for most of the drag events:
Brake bias: doesn't matter
Diff: max locked
Downforce: min low
Gear ratio: adjust to car/track (stock is mostly fine)
Susp Front: max stiff
Susp Rear: max stiff

If you're using GT6 method, I'm guessing you made the rear suspension soft? That wouldn't work in GAS because soft suspension makes the car unstable during launch and gearshifts. It might be marginally faster, but you're better off with a more consistent hard suspension setup. Also remember to shallow stage and get the launch timing right, and nail those perfect shifts.

Ya I softened rear suspension and stiffened front, I figured that would help traction like in gt6, and what about ride hight
Also I was using the sequential manual trans, but switched to the h pattern+clutch on my g27, it gives me a perfect shift everytime, and seems to launch harder with the hi rev and dumping the clutch

Ya I softened rear suspension and stiffened front, I figured that would help traction like in gt6, and what about ride hight
Also I was using the sequential manual trans, but switched to the h pattern+clutch on my g27, it gives me a perfect shift everytime, and seems to launch harder with the hi rev and dumping the clutch

Soft suspension is a no-no in Codemasters games since their physics engine is quite bouncy already. Ride height should be minimum lowest to give you better control as well.

Mini Cooper Challenge cars are pretty fun, coming out of the chase and Griffiths are key as well as going up the dipper, add that to the drafting battles down the long straights its a good un

Only really know it from the Touring Car and Tuner Class rotations online, you do have to lift across the top a couple of times, otherwise you brush the wall (in the minis) or cause a massive crash (Super Tourers), and give room through the dipper, just ends up in a wreck

I have a strange and I admit, illogical aversion to running real-life tracks in reverse

No problem at all with fictional tracks but real ones reversed? Ooh no, no :yuck:

ps. No need to flame, I admitted it was daft :D

Back