GRID Autosport - General Thread

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 102 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
Wreckage, Turn 1
PrecisionXCIV

Most likely a teaser for a new instalment in the GRID series. Can anyone identify the engine sounds?

April 22nd update:

- Offers previous features from the series
- Largest amount of content yet
- Will feel like an authentic experience
- Different styles of driving
- Career mode: become a professional pilot, get a teammate, get a sponsorship, and advance to the top
- Several types of cars ranging from prototypes to super-modified vehicles
- 22 locations
- Over 100 courses
- Online: join racing clubs and participate in weekly challenges
- Share stats and climb to the leaderboards of RaceNet

See announcement blog post here on Codies Blog
http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/04/introducing-grid-autosport/

Last edited:
At first thought, I think the sounds are that of BTCC cars. I think this may be a TOCA Race Driver 4 or a spiritual successor to it.

They've been hinting at a lot of stuff lately, especially on twitter. I hope they've been listening to fan feedback on their previous/old forum and can redeem themselves after the pile of feces that was GRID 2.

Next Tuesday. I will prepare for the worst.

Anyway, the third one sounds like an old F1 car, early 2000s maybe?

It'll be cool if this one was the sequal to TOCA 3, just with GRID 3 as TOCA 4's new name or something with better physics and cockpit view added back in. :)

Hmm...

8eOFH.png

At first thought, I think the sounds are that of BTCC cars. I think this may be a TOCA Race Driver 4 or a spiritual successor to it.

OMG, don't get my hopes up lol. TOCA Race Driver 3 is definitely in my top 5 games of all time. I loved TOCA Race Driver 2 as well, but I haven't played any of the others. But we need a game with BTCC in it imo

Yay. Looks great. Reminds me a bit of project CARS though. I was really hoping for some Le Mans though

That article was going so well, then at the bottom it states it's previous-gen only :grumpy:.

As said in an inerview, Codemasters didn't want to release Autosport on current-gen consoles because it would be just a 'port job'. They want to create a completely new game once they get to work on new consoles.

From a consumer perspective, this decision also makes sense with previous-gen having an install base of over 150 million (more than ten times current-gen so far). It's easier to reach out to more people this way.

That article was going so well, then at the bottom it states it's previous-gen only :grumpy:.

Hey, I'm glad to hear that. One less game I have to wait years to play because I can't afford the system. Even if I am still wary of Codemasters after GRID 2, DiRT Showdown, and the penalty system in F1 2013.

Edit: F1 2012. My bad.

Last edited:
I sense a pre order from me...
This. This is the problem with the game industry.

People are throwing money at games even though all that's been released are the name and some cinematic trailers. You don't even know if the game's even good or not yet. That's why companies are now releasing half finished games. They've already earned a profit.

@Turbo_snail Listen closely mon ami. No game with a world-wide release is worth pre-order. Not even GT. You pay early, you expect more AND those expectations are high. I like that it's on PS3, but having played the dissapointments between DiRT 3 and now, I'll be calling in the salt truck. Oh sure, there will be pre-order bonuses, but generally those are getting less and less worth the effort as the companies keep wringing every dollar they can. It's another reason I simply don't get why people judge a game by the number of pre-orders, like they did GT6.

They won't get a full license into the game. Not in GRID AS at least. They said on their forums that it was just impossible to get a few licensed championship into one game these day. They licensed cars and tracks and there will be 22 locations with around 85 cars. A few have been revealed but expect some nice suprises. There are just to many hints to their past games.... :D

Not for consoles, but they optimize it good enough for 60FPS on the PC.
At least they won't do like EA did, forcing 30FPS on us freaking idiots

If I couldn't pull 60 FPS on PC because of a design choice even though my rig is more than capable, that would honestly be a deal breaker.

From my experience, once you go 60 FPS you don't go back.

This. This is the problem with the game industry.

People are throwing money at games even though all that's been released are the name and some cinematic trailers. You don't even know if the game's even good or not yet. That's why companies are now releasing half finished games. They've already earned a profit.

I'll sometimes pre-order a game if there is a discount for pre-ordering, like Bestbuy often does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back