GRID Autosport - General Thread

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 102 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. Drifting is not my thing.

Drifting in racing games is ****ing ****! Drifting in real life is EPIC!!! Going for my 3rd lessons/sessions in 5 weeks!

But back to racing games...never understood the clamour to all of a sudden get it in the game. NFS soup ya car up and put neon lights in it ok fair enough but not games that tries to be serious.

I watched the D1GB when it first came here, and it was epic, but I'd never try it because I'd end up upside down in a ditch, on fire if I did it. Best of luck with your lessons :)

But yeah, gawd knows where the obsession with drifting and racing games came from...

Videogames are generally made to be fun, and drifting is fun. It's not much of a mystery. Drifting has been an integral part of some racing games since the 1990s or earlier, including the first Ridge Racer.

The "competitive drifting" idea is a little more recent, but apart from some ham-handed executions of the concept, I don't see what's so wrong with it. I wouldn't force it on anyone via the career, but games are often derided for even including the option.

Threw my pre-order in for this this week, mainly because IF Codemasters has a "bad" game its still a fun game to pick up and play, plus having an online race with touring cars will be awesome (with fellow GTP'ers of course) :sly:

UK guys, where is this Scott guy's accent from?

Also, @anim8r_uk in regards to my question above, are there more difficulty levels than just easy/medium/hard/custom? Ninja? ;)

The Game Riot guy? I think he talked about it in one of his Q&A videos
I'm guessing maybe Bristol or Cardiff... :lol:

Anyways, on-topic... The soundtrack makes me want this game. The practice and qualifying add to the want-factor.

Last thing I need, really, is a paycheck and ninja difficulty...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back