GRID Autosport - General Thread

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 102 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anim8r, you probably won't be allowed to answer, but why didn't AS come out for the U since architecture wise it's closer to the PS3 and 360?

Hey Classic.... got an answer for you from Ben (Community Manager)

“Currently we’re hard at work on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game an unfortunately we don’t have any plans for GRID Autosport to arrive on Wii U just yet. We never say never, maybe one day.”

Hope that helps.....

That was faaaaaast! :D Thanks dude, much appreciated. I can understand that last gen were the priority because it makes more sense to release it on there for now, but just because I know how some people don't see the U as 'next gen' I was curious to see from a development stand point for AS if there was a reason. Hopefully, Mario Kart 8 and Smash pick up sales to make the console more attractive!

I think it's probably more to do with the fact that our infrastructure is based around X360, PS3 and PC. Because we're moving straight from Grid2 onto Grid Autosport, it was a fairly straight forward transition. Everything was already there and ready to go (mostly). Also, PC is the lead platform for Grid Autosport :)

Last edited:
If I were you guys I'd be worried. You may have a letter from a certain Japanese developer telling you to pipe down with all this 'public interaction' and 'listening'. You're making them look bad!

HAHAHAHAHA.... I see what you did there...

I think if we would get an insight on how PD's Communication and AI department works , we would see this:

Empty%20office.jpg

I must say this is looking very promising and I'm completely sold on it. Very much looking forward to playing.

Love the dirt games and many code masters games from over the years.

It's also a breath of fresh air to have some proper communication from a developer.

@PD take note!

And that's just the touring car list..... :D

I only really do touring cars, open wheel and rally. My specialization. GT cars just don't excite me as much. :)

So 60% of my needs have been addressed in this game... Though a rally discipline would've been cool.

I look forward to doing everything except drift.

That's the part that worries me. :D Drift goes against what I've taught myself, makes it super hard to actually drift. :lol: I might have to go back to controller for it.

I look forward to doing everything except drift.

Drift has been massively improved in this game. I normally hate drift modes....in any game, but GAS has changed that. It's really good fun :D

If you still don't want to do Drift, then there's nothing in GAS forcing you to do it. You can choose what discipline and what events you take part in :D

Drift has been massively improved in this game. I normally hate drift modes....in any game, but GAS has changed that. It's really good fun :D

If you still don't want to do Drift, then there's nothing in GAS forcing you to do it. You can choose what discipline and what events you take part in :D

I just don't like the concept of drifting in general. I didn't like drifting in GT6 either, but good thing there was only like 3 drift events.

That's the part that worries me. :D Drift goes against what I've taught myself, makes it super hard to actually drift. :lol: I might have to go back to controller for it.

Yeah, I switched back to controller to do the drifting events in GT6.

I really, really, really hope this delivers after the huge let down of Grid 1 and 2. I've been waiting patiently since Race Driver Three for a decent touring car racer. I still don't get why Codemasters felt the need to change (and mess up) their formula that was so great.

I hope so. I can't stand games that force you to do drifting events.

How limited are the number of garage slots in the online mode? I hope we get plenty. I really don't like the idea of strict limits imho. Let us have how many cars we want as soon as we earn the cash for them :)

I only really do touring cars, open wheel and rally. My specialization. GT cars just don't excite me as much. :)

So 60% of my needs have been addressed in this game... Though a rally discipline would've been cool.
I thought your ITCC Series was street cars with racing slicks in place of the proper Touring Car Class cars you really want, which doesn't exist in GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back