GRID Officially Delayed to October 11

Maybe the Codies are gradually getting the idea that we don't really want their titles before they're actually finished.

If that's the case then I'm happy to wait another month. Hell, I'd wait six months if it avoids the utter travesty that DR2.0 was on launch.

I have a feeling it has to do with putting some space (time) between Wreckfest and Grid.

I have a feeling it has to do with putting some space (time) between Wreckfest and Grid.

I get what you mean, but I'd buy them both anyway. Although as far as Wreckfest is concerned I'll only believe it when I see it on console - it's been promised for 2 years now, and it'll be well over a year since the title was released on PC. I'm betting on another delay.

Either way, I won't mind. Yes, Grid needs to be great. Not good, but great. It probably won't have the same amount of features as GT Sport, but the replayability will be key to any game's success. I'd hate to spend the money & have it be a one track (figuratively) type of game where you follow a story mode or career mode & then just have some offline races sprinkled in. Also, livery editor? :D

In reality, this move was probably so they wouldn't be competing with Destiny 2 and Borderlands 3, the later of which was ALSO coming out on September 13.

Video games compete with video games in general. Also, some people, like me, would want to by both Grid and Borderlands 3 but can only afford 1 game a month. It's usually common practice amongst video games to NOT compete with large AAA titles like Borderlands 3 if you're a smaller indie title. I mean, look at Rise of the Tomb Raider which launched in the same time frame as Fallout 4, Star Wars Battlefront and a Call of Duty game. It didn't really fair that well.

Since when did racing games compete with shooter games?

I think it is for the press coverage when it launch, most major game news/reviews will be hyped around Borderlands 3 even days after release with piles of guides article and anything on Grid will be easily be buried by it.

Had so much fun online with the original Grid back in the day. It's kinda hyped me learning of this remake and was planning on getting the game on launch, but I also feel that every game is like every song you listened in the past. They belong to a time that is passed already, and no longer can they make you feel the same.

Another thing I'll never forget about the first Grid is how good it was optimized for PC. Also, there was no perceptible delay playing this game with Vsync on, which raised the experience pretty high

I don't expect this to be perfect on release and may well wait for a sale like I did with DIRT 2.0 deluxe edition (So I got all the content)

Nonetheless I'm buzzing about playing this and don't expect to have quite the same patience I had waiting to play Dirt 2. Only just learned of this and somehow missed it's announcement! :)

As much as I'm looking forward to this game I can wait a month. Although I wish they would be a bit more upfront on the release of the Switch version of Grid Autosport. I need a good racing game on that thing.

Since when did racing games compete with shooter games?
The last time racing games were a legitimate mainstream contender was the early 2000s when racing games were still a mainstream genre. Racing games are a niche these days compared to AAA looter shooters and battle royale products.

The last time racing games were a legitimate mainstream contender was the early 2000s when racing games were still a mainstream genre. Racing games are a niche these days compared to AAA looter shooters and battle royale products.

The PS2 era was fantastic for this reason. Racing and action sports games were really heavy hitters. And there was room for the more arcadey games along with the serious ones, like Burnout and SSX and the EA Street games. I really miss that.

Back