Grip bug thread

• Thread starter GT_Alex74
  • 570 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in GT 6 days @kilesa4568 had some success getting through to PD about the SRF bug in QM's. He reported it on the Playstation Europe forums with a link to the thread with the evidence here on GTP, and MastrGT from the forum (he apparently has a line to PD somehow) got the info to them. It was never resolved but this may be a way of getting the info to PD.

@kilesa4568 , @Tassie_tiger : Could either of you help with this? (I'm not good with this kinka stuff:embarrassed:)

I've just finished pointing MastrGT to this thread.:cheers:

I only sent a PM but I'll do a copy/paste of the thread as well and post it up.

HTML errors copying the thread. It redoes it, asks if you're happy, which you are, click post, 3,600 second delay for post flooding...

I'll put the thread up when they stop punishing my spambot like activity. Give me exactly 1 hour.:lol:

Last edited:
UPDATE
I did tonight some tests/races with different settings without the bug (bop on/off, lobby/sportmode, different tire types). First feelings compared to driving with the bug:

- It is generally more slippier, most at braking and accelerating.

- The biggest difference was when i raced with hard tires on. So maybe the bug simulate supersoft tires physics.

- Lap times are about 3+ sec slower. But im not yet used to the new "downgraded" physics.

Now that this has been brought to light, I am fairly confident the user in this video I captured here is also affected by this bug. It was included in the other thread as well.

I also wanted to jump on the congratulatory bandwagon and say kudos to @GT_Alex74 , @Spurgy 777 and every one else involved in discovering this issue and bringing it to light, along with @RA1784 who could have kept this to himself and exploited it for his own gain, but instead chose to take up his own time and get to the bottom of this and share it with the community.

you-guys-rock-way-to-go-team.jpg

@GT_Alex74 Some videos for you, including the oldest known example of it happening on the 1st November.

RA vs TRL_AUGH comparison in the Gr3 Porsches at Nurb and RA vs TRL_Furvaros comparison at Interlagos;

Gordo in the Megane at Nurb, fastest worldwide until people started using M4s;

DevilzGraveyard vs my lap in the Megane at Bathurst, notice that he has L-Shooter behind him and he beat him fairly easily without much trouble;

Sennna in Gr4 Megane vs my lap in Gr4 Scirocco (there was an update between the two laps but pretty sure it didn't change much, plus he has a 2.7 second gap to fastest in Americas although quite early in the day). Weird ending to the video as well, doing a race and leading by 6 seconds after 3 laps only to crash into a wall and quit;
https://youtu.be/3wzHv3a4zbc?t=490
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB-9RPbR0lQ

And from 1st November we have this;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqHKW47E26c

Back in GT 6 days @kilesa4568 had some success getting through to PD about the SRF bug in QM's. He reported it on the Playstation Europe forums with a link to the thread with the evidence here on GTP, and MastrGT from the forum (he apparently has a line to PD somehow) got the info to them. It was never resolved but this may be a way of getting the info to PD.

@kilesa4568 , @Tassie_tiger : Could either of you help with this? (I'm not good with this kinka stuff:embarrassed:)
Yeh mate.
I can pass it through the channels so it gets to the appropriate people. 👍

Last edited:
And from 1st November we have this;

That car is glued to the track. And it's obvious he's not fast enough for that time. He goes down to +/-110km/h through corner 5 (right hander). Another person with the grip bug.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great find guys!!

Also...

Waits for half the people playing the game to suddenly think the reason they aren’t the fastest in the world is because everyon else is exploiting this bug ;)

Or fear they have the bug and are actually a lot worse at the game then they thought ;)
What if the couple days I ended up in DR.A and everything was going so well were just due to the bug :/

@Spurgy 777 Yeah I'm pretty sure it is not the cause, but that's still a parameter we haven't thoroughly verified. But yeah, the probability every person concerned switched from a T100 to something else is very low.

I'm sure I encountered this whilst in a daily race yesterday. On the 4th turn of Lake Maggiore, the Porsche who was in front of me seemed to go round the corner much faster than me. Our lines were quite similar but the Porsche in front of me seemed to accelerate out of the corner very fast, as if there was a grip increase at that precise moment.

Not exactly sure how that is relevant? Sennna is no longer part of TRL and no other times done by TRL drivers have been remotely questionable.

And IOF_RACING17 beat this (LIGHTNING's) time by half a tenth of something. And he's unquestionably an alien too. Not to mention he's a formula racing driver IRL.

What about TCS value at -1? Is this typical situation for affected accounts? Someone on your PSN conversation metioned that RA's TCS value in Porsche was -1??

What about TCS value at -1? Is this typical situation for affected accounts? Someone on your PSN conversation metioned that RA's TCS value in Porsche was -1??

We never saw a screenshot though. I think it might have been a misunderstanding as no one else saw that.

It's someone saying he knows someone who said maybe this happened. That's why I didn't mention it in the report. I agree with @zzz_pt on that.

Just had a message from MastrGT. He's passed it on to PD.

Props to him and you, keep us updated if you have any feedback ;)

Also, that McLaren lap is totally legit, I have the same braking points, and can't match braking points from other videos posted in this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back