Grip bug thread

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GT_Alex74, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tou2istTrophy

Tou2istTrophy

Although difficult, there's nothing unachievable about those times. You'll have to check the replays.

2. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

Those are the two names on the Americas leaderboards that have been suspect. If there's anyone else, we're not aware of them.

Tou2istTrophy likes this.
  3. Seikenfreak

Seikenfreak

Are they close in the other regions? I can assure you the lap for Gordo is just as weird looking as the other stuff posted here.

More of the top guys will be on later, but Turismo-lester is also extremely good from what I've seen. I reckon he pushed it to nearly the edge.

4. Sean Renon

Sean Renon

I think he's referring to the Megane at #1 and #2.
    The Megane really isn't all that good on Brands Hatch anyways.

5. Tou2istTrophy

Tou2istTrophy

I think a low 1:27.7, potentially a .6 seems to be the around the limit.

Edit: I'm not sure what the possibilities are with the Megane, but it's usually not at the top for this track.

6. Shottah072

Shottah072

I just did a 1:29.1 after couple of laps in the M4. Reckon i can do a mid to high 28 and i am not the best, around a second off #1 EU usually. That time is possible its just the way they achieve it thats not. If a top10 player would get the bug i am guessing he could do 1:25 maybe even faster.

Here is the current EU leaderboard for reference.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    dabz343 and Seikenfreak like this.
  7. 1MSC

1MSC

What is this bug exaktly? I dont understand :p

8. NommyNom

NommyNom

I wonder if it's a tire selection bug. I remember early in the release days, I got into a daily with a friend, he qualified about a second faster than me, few cars between us. turn 1, he understeers like crazy and the rest of us just float on by. The game somehow reset just his tires from soft tires to hard tires (or something like that) but he was then running about 6 seconds slower per lap. This bug might be very similar but instead of going left, they go right, something like that?

9. Seikenfreak

Seikenfreak

@Shottah072 Ah okay I'm familiar with IOF.. why you playing on their boards IOF?! You're one of our pride and joy racers over here! :lol:

And yea I was just talking about the top two times w/ Megane. I know I'm not the fastest, it's just when you're that much faster than people I've seen and raced with and they are miracle racers.. I have doubts lol

TNTR_VitQ31 and Shottah072 like this.
  10. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

CSA is on. You can see the steering wheel icon flashing.

Which, brings up another issue. How could he have gone so fast with CSA on? That stuff kills my lap time.

11. Shottah072

Shottah072

Cause they have tons of extra grip. Aids or tires dont effect it they got extra grip with whatever they run.

Voodoovaj likes this.
  12. DriftMethod

DriftMethod

From what I understand, this is account related. I wonder how many accounts I have to make until I get The Grip Bug!;)

Brunoblak and TNTR_VitQ31 like this.
  13. Nando deBem

Nando deBem

That’s the day you won’t drift anymore! HA!

Because DriftMethod, got it?

Qyn, TNTR_VitQ31 and DriftMethod like this.
  14. kubstar

kubstar

seems like much more infected people out there than we thought at first ...:<

15. RA1784

RA1784

I wouldnt say that this is a tire bug only. Its more a low speed handling advantage bug. I was with bug also on supersofts 2 sec faster. I dont feel much difference on fast track sections like the esses or the harbour chicane on dragon trail.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  16. DriftMethod

DriftMethod

I'll give up drifting for top of the leaderboards.:D

Besides, most of my drifting is unintentional. Although, I would be an awesome drifter if it wasn't for all those walls, cars, curbs, and buildings getting in the way!

17. super_gt

super_gt

In that case PD must implement this bug for all players because it seems to improve the physics.:lol:

18. Spurgy 777

Spurgy 777

These are all known people using whatever this is to get to the top of the leaderboards, 4 in total, Gordo, Sennna and Devil (and used to be RA)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/grip-bug-thread.373223/page-2#post-12145673

@GT_Alex74 Can you put these videos in the OP as a lot of people seem to miss them.

dabz343 and GT_Alex74 like this.
  19. dabz343

dabz343

Are there any plans to reach out to those in question and seek to replicate the diagnosis that RA1784 has documented?

20. Spurgy 777

Spurgy 777

2 at least either aren't interested or don't think anything is wrong so unlikely we would convince any of them to wipe all of their cars, money and miles.

dabz343 likes this.
  21. GT_Alex74

GT_Alex74

@Spurgy 777 I originally posted a direct link to that post, but I reckon it was easy to miss. I quoted the post at the end of OP.

22. JacksHerer

JacksHerer

Hopefully they will come around after they've had time to think, getting them to create and play on a sub account first would help them realise something is up.
    It's a shame we can't gift game credits and cars.

Did RA lose everything including SR DR, days played achievements etc etc? Or just cars, money and miles?

NosOsH and dabz343 like this.
  23. Sean Renon

Sean Renon

I mean if the fix for me was to lose all of my cars/money & miles and possible the days played & achievements I wouldn't be too impressed either.
    I'd probably stop racing in sport mode, but I would wait until PD could patch the problem.

24. RA1784

RA1784

I lost all credits, miles, cars, days played and sport mode/campaign achievements. I didnt lose DR and SR (still A/S) and all gallery contents/liveries are still there.

Edit: so i have useless 26000km and - that hurts most - useless lifetime behind me.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  25. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

I was more pointing it out as an added factor for this person to be slower. I'm not going to lie, I'd like to have this bug for a bit sometimes :D

TNTR_VitQ31 and NosOsH like this.
  26. dabz343

dabz343

This is understandable based on the consequences, but unfortunate as the opportunity to replicate RA1784's experience would shed light on whether this bug is consistently applied to all the suspect accounts or if there are varying degrees of this advantage infecting more than others.

Hopefully those in question will take the time to review on their own and make a wise decision.

phil_75 likes this.
  27. Tou2istTrophy

Tou2istTrophy

I think you guys need to ask him to please remove the "TRL_" and all the Team Redline pictures on his YouTube channel. :scared:

Brunoblak likes this.
  28. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

Maybe from youtube if he he's using TRL's logos and stuff but his nickname... not really. Anyone can put whatever letters as nickname. There's probably more people with TRL (and other) prefixes just because they like it. There's no copyrighted nicknames.

29. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

I found something that may be related.

Note the wheels on my Ferrari in the attachments above.

Those are not the wheels that are on my Ferrari. It has the wheels in the pic below (fyi, I adjusted the livery after the pic because the number was covering the decals. but the wheels are unchanged).

[​IMG]

Since we know the bug is with the save on a specific profile, the wheels being different between my machine and BigDawg's is very troubling. The unique ID for those wheels in the code should be exactly the same. It seems that there is a bug in the save game that is offsetting wheel and tire values, so in the pic I posted, I have one set of wheels, but the world is apparently seeing a different set. This may also effect wheel tire size, and apparently, it is affecting tire compound.

We are focusing on the players with extra grip, but there may be players with lesser grip as well and the offset is not likely to be uniform, so someone might have 1 tire type more or less while the next user may have 2-3 tire types more or less.

30. JacksHerer

JacksHerer

You have real life kudos and guaranteed respect for the rest of your gaming lifetime, that's got to be worth more than some silly in game stuff. On the bright side, at least you have felt what it's like to be in the top 10.

Wilppu_, Quakebass, Qyn and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.