Grip bug thread

• Thread starter GT_Alex74
  • 570 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although difficult, there's nothing unachievable about those times. You'll have to check the replays.

Are they close in the other regions? I can assure you the lap for Gordo is just as weird looking as the other stuff posted here.

More of the top guys will be on later, but Turismo-lester is also extremely good from what I've seen. I reckon he pushed it to nearly the edge.

Are they close in the other regions? I can assure you the lap for Gordo is just as weird looking as the other stuff posted here.

More of the top guys will be on later, but Turismo-lester is also extremely good from what I've seen. I reckon he pushed it to nearly the edge.
I think he's referring to the Megane at #1 and #2.
The Megane really isn't all that good on Brands Hatch anyways.

I think a low 1:27.7, potentially a .6 seems to be the around the limit.

Edit: I'm not sure what the possibilities are with the Megane, but it's usually not at the top for this track.

I just did a 1:29.1 after couple of laps in the M4. Reckon i can do a mid to high 28 and i am not the best, around a second off #1 EU usually. That time is possible its just the way they achieve it thats not. If a top10 player would get the bug i am guessing he could do 1:25 maybe even faster.

Here is the current EU leaderboard for reference.
20180110_195505.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if it's a tire selection bug. I remember early in the release days, I got into a daily with a friend, he qualified about a second faster than me, few cars between us. turn 1, he understeers like crazy and the rest of us just float on by. The game somehow reset just his tires from soft tires to hard tires (or something like that) but he was then running about 6 seconds slower per lap. This bug might be very similar but instead of going left, they go right, something like that?

@Shottah072 Ah okay I'm familiar with IOF.. why you playing on their boards IOF?! You're one of our pride and joy racers over here! :lol:

And yea I was just talking about the top two times w/ Megane. I know I'm not the fastest, it's just when you're that much faster than people I've seen and raced with and they are miracle racers.. I have doubts lol

Strange how the wheel was still all the way left after he came out of the hairpin and yet the car kept going straight.

CSA is on. You can see the steering wheel icon flashing.

Which, brings up another issue. How could he have gone so fast with CSA on? That stuff kills my lap time.

CSA is on. You can see the steering wheel icon flashing.

Which, brings up another issue. How could he have gone so fast with CSA on? That stuff kills my lap time.
Cause they have tons of extra grip. Aids or tires dont effect it they got extra grip with whatever they run.

I wouldnt say that this is a tire bug only. Its more a low speed handling advantage bug. I was with bug also on supersofts 2 sec faster. I dont feel much difference on fast track sections like the esses or the harbour chicane on dragon trail.

Last edited:
I wouldnt say that this is a tire bug only. Its more a low speed handling advantage bug. I was with bug also on supersofts 2 sec faster. I dont feel much difference on fast track sections like the esses or the habour chicane on dragon trail.
In that case PD must implement this bug for all players because it seems to improve the physics.:lol:

Just another day in the neighborhood..

View attachment 705417

I heard an off-the-cuff rumor about these two people, but that was from one person and I don't have anything else so it's not worth mentioning.

These are all known people using whatever this is to get to the top of the leaderboards, 4 in total, Gordo, Sennna and Devil (and used to be RA)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/grip-bug-thread.373223/page-2#post-12145673

@GT_Alex74 Can you put these videos in the OP as a lot of people seem to miss them.

Are there any plans to reach out to those in question and seek to replicate the diagnosis that RA1784 has documented?

Are there any plans to reach out to those in question and seek to replicate the diagnosis that RA1784 has documented?

2 at least either aren't interested or don't think anything is wrong so unlikely we would convince any of them to wipe all of their cars, money and miles.

Hopefully they will come around after they've had time to think, getting them to create and play on a sub account first would help them realise something is up.
It's a shame we can't gift game credits and cars.

Did RA lose everything including SR DR, days played achievements etc etc? Or just cars, money and miles?

Hopefully they will come around after they've had time to think, getting them to create and play on a sub account first would help them realise something is up.
It's a shame we can't gift game credits and cars.

Did RA lose everything including SR DR, days played achievements etc etc? Or just cars, money and miles?

I mean if the fix for me was to lose all of my cars/money & miles and possible the days played & achievements I wouldn't be too impressed either.
I'd probably stop racing in sport mode, but I would wait until PD could patch the problem.

Did RA lose everything including SR DR, days played achievements etc etc? Or just cars, money and miles

I lost all credits, miles, cars, days played and sport mode/campaign achievements. I didnt lose DR and SR (still A/S) and all gallery contents/liveries are still there.

Edit: so i have useless 26000km and - that hurts most - useless lifetime behind me.

Last edited:
2 at least either aren't interested or don't think anything is wrong so unlikely we would convince any of them to wipe all of their cars, money and miles.

This is understandable based on the consequences, but unfortunate as the opportunity to replicate RA1784's experience would shed light on whether this bug is consistently applied to all the suspect accounts or if there are varying degrees of this advantage infecting more than others.

Hopefully those in question will take the time to review on their own and make a wise decision.

I think you guys need to ask him to please remove the "TRL_" and all the Team Redline pictures on his YouTube channel. :scared:

Maybe from youtube if he he's using TRL's logos and stuff but his nickname... not really. Anyone can put whatever letters as nickname. There's probably more people with TRL (and other) prefixes just because they like it. There's no copyrighted nicknames.

I found something that may be related.

View attachment 705433 View attachment 705434

@Voodoovaj I started behind you and your Momo Ferrari at Brands today. I was in my Playboy Audi.

Note the wheels on my Ferrari in the attachments above.

Those are not the wheels that are on my Ferrari. It has the wheels in the pic below (fyi, I adjusted the livery after the pic because the number was covering the decals. but the wheels are unchanged).

8296294620863661072_23.jpg

Since we know the bug is with the save on a specific profile, the wheels being different between my machine and BigDawg's is very troubling. The unique ID for those wheels in the code should be exactly the same. It seems that there is a bug in the save game that is offsetting wheel and tire values, so in the pic I posted, I have one set of wheels, but the world is apparently seeing a different set. This may also effect wheel tire size, and apparently, it is affecting tire compound.

We are focusing on the players with extra grip, but there may be players with lesser grip as well and the offset is not likely to be uniform, so someone might have 1 tire type more or less while the next user may have 2-3 tire types more or less.

I lost all credits, miles, cars, days played and sport mode/campaign achievements. I didnt lose DR and SR (still A/S) and all gallery contents/liveries are still therre.

Edit: so i have useless 26000km and - that hurts most - useless lifetime behind me.
You have real life kudos and guaranteed respect for the rest of your gaming lifetime, that's got to be worth more than some silly in game stuff. On the bright side, at least you have felt what it's like to be in the top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back