Group 4 BoP testing

Big problem with BoP is that it changes all the time, this is the reason why I did tests of MPG on cars at stock settings with gearbox set at same value for all cars in same group... 1% in power change can make car faster on some tracks, on other slower... Same goes fo wieght, and sadly it changes all the time.
On other side, every car is individual for a player, so maybe some tailhappy cars are better for some, for other not... :)

Cheers...

Big problem with BoP is that it changes all the time, this is the reason why I did tests of MPG on cars at stock settings with gearbox set at same value for all cars in same group... 1% in power change can make car faster on some tracks, on other slower... Same goes fo wieght, and sadly it changes all the time.
On other side, every car is individual for a player, so maybe some tailhappy cars are better for some, for other not... :)

Cheers...

Non-BoP values aren't meaningful though if we're assessing the balance of the game

The Group 4 BoP test is now complete.
Thanks Wind of fire! :) Your re burning rubber.... (and tarmac) man! :) Great job! :) A billion thanks! :)

Let´s wait for the next BOP "remake"... so you´ll have something to do about it.. again!! (this one was... a bad one I know...!)

The Cayman is a wonderful car to drive, but it transmission is shocking.
Wich is stupid, they could let BoP on, but make setting up car availale. What's the point of having 6 gears (cayman) but being able to use 3 or 4 only... And there are many other cars that have similar problems to this...

Wich is stupid, they could let BoP on, but make setting up car availale. What's the point of having 6 gears (cayman) but being able to use 3 or 4 only... And there are many other cars that have similar problems to this...

But that goes against what Group 4 cars are allowed to do in real world competition.

All cars are test driven by the FIA and then modified so that they all have near identical performance levels. Once a car has been approved by the FIA, it cannot be modified by the teams, eliminating continual development costs for constructors. The GT 4 (GR 4) class should maintain that for online competition. I would like to see a little suspension or even camber/toe tuning allowed (same at GT4) but that's it.

But that goes against what Group 4 cars are allowed to do in real world competition.

All cars are test driven by the FIA and then modified so that they all have near identical performance levels. Once a car has been approved by the FIA, it cannot be modified by the teams, eliminating continual development costs for constructors. The GT 4 (GR 4) class should maintain that for online competition. I would like to see a little suspension or even camber/toe tuning allowed (same at GT4) but that's it.

I think not everything is restricted for change in GT4 class... at the end, we have only 2 real GT4 cars in GTS so...

Cheers...

It does´nt deserve such stats on any racing game... :drool::drool::drool: It´s a shame that Poliphony is doing this to this car (setting it to garbage status!!!!)
I have the Cayman in my garage but never driven it. Probably the only place I can even try it is Willow Springs. I saw one win an FIA race there once. True story!

I am surprised that most of the Gr4 cars I've driven are the worst ones. Could just be that they fit my style or I used them on tracks better suited for them.

I'm surprised the 86 didn't do better. It absolutely dominates the Gr4 category on Bluemoon Infield in the top lobbies.

I'm just hoping that PD will get the BoP right in the (hopefully near) future.
I'm a big Ferrari fan and the Gr3 and Gr4 races I drive the Ferrari's 95% of the time, in the ideal world PD will get the BoP configured in a way that every car you choose can be competitive. Right now the only thing the Ferrari's are suffering from is the gearbox, compared to the Porsches: from a standing start, by the time the Porsche changes gear to 2nd, the Ferrari will be in 4th, coming out of the very slow corners the Ferrari driver can choose from 1st gear going very easy on the throttle and the risk of missing the gear change, or 2d gear, still easy on the throttle but less risk of missing the gear change.

In the not to distant furture I am going to do a major update to the BoP test.
I'm surprised you didn't test in Brands Hatch, considering that it's a significant test track and a reference in GT Sport. May I suggest that you add Brands Hatch to the test?
(Also, what is your PSN name to follow you)*** Edited, never mind, I found you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
In the not to distant furture I am going to do a major update to the BoP test.
I can help you, you test them I update the sheet for you (just send me the picture and I input the data, the most tedious part). In the interest of rigurosity and academic research, it would be very interesting that you did it in the same tracks as Tidgney Racing

I am kind of shocked that the huracan is only 12th overall according to this test. I was expecting top 8 at the worst case. My other gripe was regarding the 650s being near the bottom of the overall times. These two would be my choices for the fia manufacturers cup but sadly i cant enter

Edit: thank you for that error, i forgot about that. Havent been logged in for a long time. Anyways, keep up the good work.

Last edited:
I am kind of shocked that the huracan is only 12th overall according to this test. I was expecting top 8 at the worst case. My other gripe was regarding the 650s being near the bottom of the overall times. These two would be my choices for the fia manufacturers cup but sadly i cant enter it because of my arizona residency.
Don't say you are from Arizona, say the state beside...

I don't get these BoP values. Why is the HP on the Megane nerfed so heavily when it's nowhere near the most powerful and why does the already HP heavy Veyron get a buff? I'd think the Veyron would get a buff to weight and a nerf to HP. Shouldn't they be trying to get both values nearer to the mean?

Back