GT 6 pre-orders very low

• Thread starter bigspleen
  • 539 comments

bigspleen

(Banned)
Canada
Canada
Looking at the pre-order charts, gt6 is scary low. Sony will end up regretting putting this on PS3, people wanted to see a marked improvement from GT5, but simply are not seeing it with gt5. Sony would have been better off letting PD take 1-2 years and really put out a killer next gen racer. instead, people are just seeing it as what it is, what GT5 should have been, which is not good enough.

Sales of G6 will be by far the lowest in the series history. What was sony and PD thinking? They cannot do anymore with the PS3.

You are totally right, bringing out a game on an established platform with an established fanbase is a ridiculous concept!

History shows bigger install base <> better sales. Look at the resistance series, even GT, the second ones on the same systems with a bigger install base sold less............Research is your friend.

History shows bigger install base <> better sales. Look at the resistance series, even GT, the second ones on the same systems with a bigger install base sold less............Research is your friend.
Hmmm, I didn't once say it would sell less than the first iteration on PS3? You said that it will have the lowest in the series history which I disagree with for the above reason.

Context is your friend.

Looking at the pre-order charts, gt6 is scary low. Sony will end up regretting putting this on PS3, people wanted to see a marked improvement from GT5, but simply are not seeing it with gt5. Sony would have been better off letting PD take 1-2 years and really put out a killer next gen racer. instead, people are just seeing it as what it is, what GT5 should have been, which is not good enough.

Sales of G6 will be by far the lowest in the series history. What was sony and PD thinking? They cannot do anymore with the PS3.

Where is the link to these pre-order charts?

I assume you are referring to VGchartz's US preorder list when you say scary low? What's is scary low about it? Do you know the US's preorders for GT5 for comparison? Do you know worldwide preorder numbers? Do you realize that Europe is by far the largest market for GT? Preorder numbers may gauge interest but they don't tell you sales. Especially with a game like GT that seems to sell for years. So while I don't expect 6 to be the top selling GT or even sell close to GT5 numbers I do think the title will sell well. You should also provide a link when you make a thread like this.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251370/usa-preorders-chart-19-october-2013-batman-arkham-origins/

Hmmm, I didn't once say it would sell less than the first iteration on PS3? You said that it will have the lowest in the series history which I disagree with for the above reason.

Context is your friend.
?? You said bringing it to a system with a bigger install base makes sense, I proved bigger install base <> bigger sales. People would have generated a lot more hype had it been on ps4, and with less games to compete with attach rates soar. Again, Resistance 1 sold more then the other 2 resistance games combined, it was a launch title................

There is a lack of hype for GT6, because it is on PS3, and looks like GT5.5. it WILL sell by a wide margin the worse of any GT game.

Like what JP said, I need to see some cold hard facts :) not just prediction or sales forecasts ... as it has been said "Sales of GT6 will be by far the lowest in the series history."

?? You said bringing it to a system with a bigger install base makes sense, I proved bigger install base <> bigger sales. People would have generated a lot more hype had it been on ps4, and with less games to compete with attach rates soar. Again, Resistance 1 sold more then the other 2 resistance games combined, it was a launch title................

There is a lack of hype for GT6, because it is on PS3, and looks like GT5.5. it WILL sell by a wide margin the worse of any GT game.
Being a launch title wasn't the only factor there. Resistance 1 sold the most in the series mainly because two was crap other than the co-op. 3 is a good game but people had given up on the series. Are we supposed to use the Resistance series to gauge future sales of all titles because I think that's a little ridiculous.

Well it's kind of a daft basis to form an opinion on.

Uncharted 1 sales: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/12778/uncharted-drakes-fortune/
Uncharted 2 sales: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/28733/uncharted-2-among-thieves/

I know VGChartz aren't the most reliable but at least I have numbers to show.

Well it's kind of a daft basis to form an opinion on.

Uncharted 1 sales: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/12778/uncharted-drakes-fortune/
Uncharted 2 sales: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/28733/uncharted-2-among-thieves/

I know VGChartz aren't the most reliable but at least I have numbers to show.

I never said it always happens that way, I just said bigger install base does not ALWAYS equal bigger sales...uc2 was vastly better and promoted, thats why it sold more, not because of install base........Gt6...we'll the numbers will speak for themself.

Being a launch title wasn't the only factor there. Resistance 1 sold the most in the series mainly because two was crap other than the co-op. 3 is a good game but people had given up on the series. Are we supposed to use the Resistance series to gauge future sales of all titles because I think that's a little ridiculous.

LOL, it's just 1 example, there are hundreds....GT itself is one. Also Resistance 3 blew away 2, so wrong again.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, it's just 1 example, there are hundreds....GT itself is one. Also Resistance 3 blew away 2, so wrong again.
Yeah, I know it's a good game, I didn't say it wasn't. I did say 2 being as bad as it was hurt 3's sales. It killed the Resistance fan base.

I never said it always happens that way, I just said bigger install base does not ALWAYS equal bigger sales...uc2 was vastly better and promoted, thats why it sold more, not because of install base........Gt6...we'll the numbers will speak for themself.
It doesn't always equal better sales but it gives a better probability of better sales for sure. Also, Gran Turismo 3 was bundled with a LOT of PS2s to be honest, which is one of the reasons it's sales are so high in comparison to the others.

Yeah, I know it's a good game, I didn't say it wasn't. I did say 2 being as bad as it was hurt 3's sales. It killed the Resistance fan base.

More too it then that. More competition, more games for gamers to buy then at launch. The first resistance wasn't exactly a world beater.

The point I'm trying to make though is you are trying to predict sales with only small sample of the sales potential. You base it on preorder numbers in one region and even that doesn't tell you how it will sell in that region. Then to say Resistance did this so... makes no sense. If you want to discuss how well it will sell that's fine. But don't act like you can predict it based on what little info you have.

I don't think the preorder numbers matter anyways; did GT3(or any of them really) make Greatest Hits status by preorders alone?

EDIT: 700th post!

Last edited:

This one or two another years to develop a new game is not acceptable.

Well-established FPS games will trump a racing game in sales 100% of a time, so I don't see anything FPS-related as direct competition. Same goes for marquee sports games. Despite GT's popularity, it's still a game which occupies the quasi-niche racing/simulation category. IMHO, GT6 is also a game best enjoyed with a wheel. You just don't get the same level of immersion using a DS controller, which is another inherent disadvantage.

Also 20/27 titles listed are closer to their release date, so of course they're more likely to have a higher number of pre-orders. Obviously, there are games that GT6 will have no chance of catching, but that chart, although it may be 100% accurate in the single piece of data it is reporting, doesn't warrant any GT6 gloom and doom sales predictions.

Back