GT 6 pre-orders very low

• Thread starter bigspleen
  • 539 comments
Even with GT6's "low" pre-order numbers, I bet it still out sales any Forza game. I do think that people are waiting a little longer on GT6 because of GT5, but I still think in the end, GT6 will still sale really well. Heck, I knew I was going to get GT6 as soon as I knew they were making GT6, but I didn't even pre-order it until Saturday, because I have been really busy, among other things.

I was thinking of pre-ordering GT6 but chose not to in the end. I'm glad i didn't as i'm not sure if i'll even bother buying GT6. The engine sounds were the main reason why i didn't pre-order it. I know there's talk of them being sorted but i just don't see PD making much of a change. What i've decided to do is leave it until i read members comments on here on how good/bad the game is then will make up my mind then.

If you can't use google, or are too lazy, not my fault. heck someone else even said where the pre-order numbers were,
When you make a claim you are responsible for backing it up. As such you can lose the attitude.

No, it doesn't. A list of the top PS3 racers when there is GT and then a whole lot of nothing to choose from.
GT6 is in 2nd position and in between two GT5 packages for reference, only based on actual pre-orders rather than years of sales (GT5).

Pre-orders look healthy to me, at least in Amazon.

I see a few reasons why people will wait with the pre-order.

1. There may be a new edition announced (unlikely but possible)
2. People want to see opinions and reviews on the game before buying it.
3. Not enough information given on the game so far to pre-order it.

I still don't know which version I'm going to buy, I'm going to preorder for sure but when enough information is out there, so yah I think many people are doing this

And to be honest I think GT6 will do fine don't worry

I pre-order mine only today. 15th Anniversary Edition. With the pre-order I'll get 5 exclusive cars and 1M Cr I think.

I also think that GT6 in PS3 is a good thing. 80 Milion PS3 worldwide is a lot of posible buyers. PS4 will have only "a few"...

GT7 will come in the right time. At least for me... I'll buy PS4 in 1/2 years from now.

I think that most people, don't preorder GT... Because it's a racing game. Look at Forza 5 for XB1, its got the same numbers as GT6. People buy it when they see it on the shelf, "oh look it a new GT, I like that game. *buy*"

Having the same preorder numbers as Forza is never a good sign. GT has always outsold Forza considerably, and Forza has always had disappointing sales. Not to mention Forza 5 is a launch title, while GT6 has its 80,000,000 strong PS3 userbase so many like to remind us of.

From the chart Im looking at Forza 5 has 90,000 preorders and GT6 only has 60,000. I mean Lightning Returns has more preorders. Thats awful.

GT6 will be the worst selling Gran Turismo. Its presence at game shows has been truly awful. Very few new features have been unveiled or talked about in any detail. The biggest requests like sound and livery editor will not be addressed at launch. The demos themselves hide more then they show. We still havent seen a car take a single scratch in gameplay or videos or anywhere.

Many people will spend their money in the PS4 and the 70/80 dollars they could spend in GT6 will be for PS Plus that will give them Driving Club for free. I don't know. What I do know is that I won't loose any GT game. :)

I did preorder GT6, not having to spring for a PS4 was large as I plan to pick an Xbox1 on day one. So by thetime I get GT6, I will have been playing Forza5 for a couple of weeks and that could be a problem unless GT6 is really good. I hope it is. And with new drivers coming online shortly thereafter, GT6 could face some very real challenges. Things like the retention of poorly detailed standard cars do not help the case either.

GT6 will be the worst selling Gran Turismo. Its presence at game shows has been truly awful. Very few new features have been unveiled or talked about in any detail. The biggest requests like sound and livery editor will not be addressed at launch. The demos themselves hide more then they show. We still havent seen a car take a single scratch in gameplay or videos or anywhere.

Want to make a wager on that? Say $1,000,000 in cars to the winner, up to maximum of 4 cars?

You're right @bigspleen, though have you looked over other pages or forms sharing others comments on why they pre-orders are low?

Want to make a wager on that? Say $1,000,000 in cars to the winner, up to maximum of 4 cars?

We're talking about full numbered GT titles right? So 10.85m would be the number as I believe GT5 will pass GT1. GT6 has no chance to break 10m. Bad marketing, bad/late release date, its predecessor was a disappointment, no massive upgrades to things like sound and graphics, things that really sell games.

Ill make the wager even easier on you. I dont think GT6 will even pass 7M. I think alot of people underestimate the damage GT5 did to the GT brand...and then the 3 year wait for them to make it right. And then releasing it after PS4's launch...on PS3. One mistake after another.

So are we agreed on 7m? Or is there another wager more short term based on sales so one or the other can collect a prize sooner rather then later?

I think GT6 sales will look like this:

.5m Japan
1.5m North America
4.5m Europe and elsewhere

We're talking about full numbered GT titles right? So 10.85m would be the number as I believe GT5 will pass GT1. GT6 has no chance to break 10m. Bad marketing, bad/late release date, its predecessor was a disappointment, no massive upgrades to things like sound and graphics, things that really sell games.

Ill make the wager even easier on you. I dont think GT6 will even pass 7M. I think alot of people underestimate the damage GT5 did to the GT brand...and then the 3 year wait for them to make it right. And then releasing it after PS4's launch...on PS3. One mistake after another.

So are we agreed on 7m? Or is there another wager more short term based on sales so one or the other can collect a prize sooner rather then later?

I think GT6 sales will look like this:

.5m Japan
1.5m North America
4.5m Europe and elsewhere

7 million by the end of 2015 and you have a deal. If you want to go shorter, maybe 4.5 million by the end of 2014.

7 million by the end of 2015 and you have a deal. If you want to go shorter, maybe 4.5 million by the end of 2014.

Ill try and find the sales data of GT5 and how it performed from launch and through the months so we can find something more short term. This way we can project the total sales of GT6 by comparing them at launch and through the first couple of months.

edit: here I have found it. http://www.vgchartz.com/game/7678/gran-turismo-5/

I think we'd like to enjoy that 1m credits worth of cars sooner rather then later. So how about a wager on the sales of the first 4 weeks? Surely we can project total sales to a fault with the data from the first 4 weeks.

GT5 sold 4,471,174 units the first 4 weeks.

I say GT6 will sell under 3,000,000 units its first 4 weeks.

Do you agree on this wager?

Ill try and find the sales data of GT5 and how it performed from launch and through the months so we can find something more short term. This way we can project the total sales of GT6 by comparing them at launch and through the first couple of months.

I think we'd like to enjoy that 1m credits worth of cars sooner rather then later. So how about a wager on the sales of the first 4 weeks? Surely we can project total sales to a fault with the data from the first 4 weeks.

Had to hunt for the 4.471 Million figure but I found it. Looks like we got a deal, 3 million units in the first 4 weeks.:cheers:

I am going to be bold here, 11M for GT6 by the time GT7 released :) at least 6M in the 1st year. Many will stick with GT6 as the next gen racer are expensive investment. The new tracks, cars - physics and tire model as well new online model will probably make most of the sales. I love being optimistic.

I haven't read this thread or listened to any of your opinions because I don't do that and its 05:47 in the morning. I personally think GT6 will do fairly well due to the established fanbase PD has built up over the years, I say fairly well in the sense that I don't think it will close up on GT5 in sales. Few reasons lead me to this conclusion, firstly, remember how long we were waiting for GT5? It became a huge thing over the years among gamers everywhere, everyone was waiting for that one moment, only for it to be pushed back, even at Christmas. GT6 was announced a few months ago, and whilst our core fans are ready for it, PD haven't really marketed the thing to the general PlayStation community, think about it, they haven't.

Secondly, GT5 left a bitter aftertaste for some people. I mean, I loved it, I enjoyed the driving, the graphics and the solid multiplayer mode. But, for some, all this couldn't make up for the initial disappointment. There was criticism on the sound, the standard cars, the shadows, the career mode, B-Spec with that incompetent scrub you need to lecture around an oval, etc. Now, a lot of us had some legitimate complaints, myself included, but many of us here had the intelligence to appreciate the work put into this game, you could feel and see how it pushed the PS3 to its absolute limit. I'm mainly happy to see the new cars and tracks, but the core mechanics haven't had too much of a change, have they, really? It doesn't create a good impression for those of us disappointed with GT5. I don't really know what I'm talking about or how to explain it but since I'm young and a lot of you are in your 40's but you get the idea.

Reason 3 I forgot.

You are looking at this numbers:

12/2010 - 5.5 million
2/2011 - 6.37 million
12/2011 - 7.3 million
9/2012 - 9 million
3/2013 - 10.66 million

All them official and recorded at the time:
http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html
https://www.gtplanet.net/tag/gt5-sales/

Vgchartz is not an accurate source and never will be.
The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

Back