GT Academy Edition Challenge Online Qualifying TT

Insurance? For the 1st World versus the 372 em in the gt academy 2013? I think that even the insurer will not say "need"...! ;)

Insurance? For the 1st World versus the 372 em in the gt academy 2013? I think that even the insurer will not say "need"...! ;)

congrats top 6 and Ti for #1. In end I ran out of talent, disappointed to miss out but I've had my go at Silverstone. Good luck to finalists.👍

congrats top 6 and Ti for #1. In end I ran out of talent, disappointed to miss out but I've had my go at Silverstone. Good luck to finalists.👍

Brilliant attempt Rutter. Sorry you missed out. Next time eh?

It is unbearable to hear crying losers! do you want a tissue?
T - tech is the 1, that's all! you have the same car, while the best man win!
Congratulations our arnaud! Yet once you are the best!

Dont talk about things that you dont know.
Say to your idol he should come in my lobby with his brothers and should drive against me and my fast F10 Friends Ferrari F10 in Suzuka a race Ferrari F10 ABS banned. Say it to him and you drive also.

Say to your idol he should come in my lobby with his brothers and should drive against me and my fast F10 Friends Ferrari F10 in Suzuka a race Ferrari F10 ABS banned. Say it to him and you drive also.

Puh-lease, Ti-tech has won TTs without using ABS. Just looked at my replay and I hit 244 km/h at the end of the straight compared to your 242 km/h with the same braking point as Ti-tech, does this mean I'm cheating too?

Puh-lease, Ti-tech has won TTs without using ABS. Just looked at my replay and I hit 244 km/h at the end of the straight compared to your 242 km/h with the same braking point as Ti-tech, does this mean I'm cheating too?

You have brake first corner to late then and he have drive 245.

well, you top 6 guys can battle it out @ silverstone in real car (-; congratulation for that .. should become interessting!

i guess the lacombes drove backwards the last corner @ restart to drive it for maximum straight-speed!
not sure if it realy matters ..

concentrated on GT and your third place instead to invite others on another race to forget your lack of humility! then the bronze though cest? You can make a statue... serious question, how long you spent on the TT? For T-tech I know the answer! ;)

Thanks man, it was a fun challenge. Will jump on this morning for one final attempt, good luck to you and everyone else in these last few hours.

I would be so stoked if they had gt academy in NZ, will have to get more people onto that petition! :)

Do it! I went to Hampton Downs today and had a chat with Jann Mardenborough and his GT Academy crew and basically there's interest here in New Zealand. The only question is whether Nissan and PlayStation NZ are willing to make the investment on the event.

I made a facebook page for all of you wanting to join in on the petitioning fun :D - https://www.facebook.com/GTAcademyForNewZealand

Last edited:

Haha, made my day.
I hope you're joking... Arnauld races without ABS since GT5:Prologue (iirc) and I've seen noone which beat him in race (UGO_SPOLDING can keep up).

You are a terrible sport and a sore loser, have fun with your F1 dreams. :)

You have brake first corner to late then and he have drive 245.
Arnaud was slightly faster at start because he went backwards so he can open corner up to get a better exit speed from last corner than the default start. You can tell by total time being a lot slower. No cheating involved, same performance car. Arnaud won fair and square. He is widely respected and regarded as the fastest GT player. It should be entertaining to see a race in F1 cars between you two though as that is your speciality but Arnaud is alien with insane raw pace.

Haha, made my day.
I hope you're joking... Arnauld races without ABS since GT5:Prologue (iirc) and I've seen noone which beat him in race (UGO_SPOLDING can keep up).

You are a terrible sport and a sore loser, have fun with your F1 dreams. :)

Yes you are Champion you have drive 1,42 without ABS.

Yes you are Champion you have drive 1,42 without ABS.

I don't understand, care to elaborate?
I respect every fast driver, in a race two things are needed - skill and respect.

Seeing people with your talent and that attitude leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth.

He have drive 245 on the straight his brothers also but all others have drive 242 on the straight.Before the first corner he have had a half car gap to me.
It was a different a fast driver can say when a other have a faster car.
Vincent have had same straightlinespeed like me.

I have checked the information in the Replay files.
You both used identical cars with identical settings.

Arnaud was slightly faster at start because he went backwards so he can open corner up to get a better exit speed from last corner than the default start. You can tell by total time being a lot slower.

"Mystery" solved. 👍

winning a tt is fine but what we really need is someone like
http://virgingaming.com/gb/ to come in and offer £50-100k for winning a full gp 2 hrs racetournament like they are doing for fifa then all the old skool gta's could race it out now the academy is over for them
have fun @ silverstone guys sound like its gonna be a classic shoot out :)

those times :lol:
may I suggest cutting the USB cable from the wheel in half to save on the electron travel time :D

concentrated on GT and your third place instead to invite others on another race to forget your lack of humility! then the bronze though cest? You can make a statue... serious question, how long you spent on the TT? For T-tech I know the answer! ;)

Seems to me you only joined this forum 2 days ago to throw crap at Immortal Pilot. You haven't made an intelligent statement since you came here.

I don't understand, care to elaborate?
I respect every fast driver, in a race two things are needed - skill and respect.
Seeing people with your talent and that attitude leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth.
I'd say you lack respect too. OK so he's hurting because he didn't consider going backwards at the beginning to get what some people would consider an unfair advantage. We also measure one another by the contributions made over the years and ImmortalPilot has been here quite a while and contributed a lot.
I agree he should probably keep his disappointment to himself because he's making himself look like a bad loser by being so public about it, but he did have a valid point when he complained about TiTechs apparent better speed. I think a true racer wouldn't even consider such a trick. Let's see what the race officials make of TiTech's greater total time. If ImmortalPilot lodged a complaint with them would you consider that 'bad form'? I'd say it was quite reasonable, as long as he (and the rest of you) accepted their final verdict.

Dude, the trick Ti-tech applied is as old as the game itself, I remember myself applying it loads of times. He didn't cut corners, he didn't tune his car, he didn't do anything that wasn't allowed - which is what IMMORTALPILOT said Ti-tech did do. Some people just have trouble accepting that someone's faster. And the posters you quoted didn't do anything except defending someone from completely false accusations.

I'd say you lack respect too. OK so he's hurting because he didn't consider going backwards at the beginning to get what some people would consider an unfair advantage. We also measure one another by the contributions made over the years and ImmortalPilot has been here quite a while and contributed a lot.
I agree he should probably keep his disappointment to himself because he's making himself look like a bad loser by being so public about it, but he did have a valid point when he complained about TiTechs apparent better speed. I think a true racer wouldn't even consider such a trick. Let's see what the race officials make of TiTech's greater total time. If ImmortalPilot lodged a complaint with them would you consider that 'bad form'? I'd say it was quite reasonable, as long as he (and the rest of you) accepted their final verdict.

I must add that Arnauld had only 3 sessions (.3xx, .960 and .958).
So, he spent at least 1/20th of the time vicientoelchoco spent, and still outperformed everybody.
I can assure you that he would've won regardless of a few km/h on the straight.

So, he spent at least 1/20th of the time vicientoelchoco spent, and still outperformed everybody.

Point taken, and I agree Arnaud is a brilliant sim racer - probably the best GT5 driver on the planet. I just think the tone of this discussion was getting out of hand; especially Starlife's contributions. As Kilmore pointed out to me, the reversing strategy is old hat so I'm done ;). I look forward to the next instalment at Silverstone. The stage is certainly set for a serious competition 👍

i do hate this part of western mentality.
"Hard work yuck"

I have great respect for anyone who can achieve a great time on one of these events, whether they spend 1 hour, or 1 week. However, as La Haine mentioned, respect is a big part of any sport, and it seems that too often some of the fastest, are also the most arrogant. All the fighting talk is completely unnecessary, we should just respect each others ability, and leave the rest behind.

Seems to me you only joined this forum 2 days ago to throw crap at Immortal Pilot. You haven't made an intelligent statement since you came here.

I agree Alan 100% with the attitude an comments made toward Immortalpilot, when your at the top of your game everything becomes very competitive an the will to win comes even greater, i believe you have to be a sore loser because without that where is your passion, but that doesnt an shouldnt include saying that someones car different if changes are impossible..

The going backwards an getting a run at it is which i thought a must anyway to start with :lol: your time does not start untill you cross the start finish line, so up untill that you are free to go about getting a better exit..

Away from all this "cheat" chat, there is a show starting tonight on ITV4 about GT Academy participants.

Info here
http://www.crash.net/fia+gt/news/187598/1/gt_academy_to_air_on_itv4.html

And yes the "trick" of setting up a quick lap by maybe taking a different line of whatever on the previous lap so you have a slightly faster speed when you cross the line is as old as the internet.

Donington is a prime example, there is even about and extra 50 years of tarmac lined up perfectly with the beginning of the start/finish straight.

Last edited:
Immortalpilot should just be a good sport, accept his position, and feel good in knowing he didn't have to resort to any of the old cheap tricks to get a better time. There is no arguing that Ti-Tech is one of the best there is, but Immortalpilot is not to bad himself so tricks will sometimes be needed to beat him. The tt is over and it is what it is. Looking forward to seeing these guys fight it out in the next one!

Last edited:
... it seems that too often some of the fastest, are also the most arrogant.

Whoever you are, you always need to be aware that there's always going to be someone faster than you… well, maybe Arnaud doesn’t but everyone else does :lol:

My experience of 5 years of TT's and on-line racing in GT5P and GT5 is the fastest drivers are not the arrogant ones for the most part. The fastest drivers have the self confidence in their own ability not to need to be. The arrogant ones are normally the ones who think they are fast… and these people soon get found out.

For example, when I look at the list of D1G drivers on here I see lots of people who have been active members of this community for years and have consistently posted help and advice on the forum.

You get zero respect from the majority just for being fast... your speed means absolutely nothing if you’re a tosser.

when you’re at the top of your game everything becomes very competitive and the will to win comes even greater, I believe you have to be a sore loser because without that where is your passion,

I guess there are plenty examples of that in sport, but there are equally lots of top sports people who are humble and react with grace when they lose.

If you come 2nd or 3rd (or wherever), and qualify your congratulations with an excuse for why you didn't come 1st, then the message has no sincerity and as such is meaningless.

If you qualify your congratulations with a veiled accusation of cheating… well, we can make our own minds up about the character of someone who would do that.

Congrats to Arnaud, Vincenti and Imortal... great times by you all 👍

Yeah i know what your saying :)

I dont mean that you should be a sore loser in complaining that your car not the same, i mean that being a sore loser that you get seriously frustrated at yourself for not beating your own time or someone else's, well thats my attitude that i will never be a 100% Happy, even if your on pole their's always something you can do to maximise your time..

Yeah well played the top6 :)

Latest Posts

Back