GT Academy July 2013!!

Could be GT6 :?
The 2010 finals were running GT5 on debug consoles.
It was cool to play it before it came out.

I was wondering the same thing, I guess since they ran a race with the GTA guys on GT6 that's what it will be. Wonder how many tracks will be included with the demo and if online racing will be an option. In due time I suppose.

Looking forward to this years competition, Doodle, are you old enough yet?

As for the t500rs, good call on getting it for the academy, but get rid of it afterwards. Such a crap wheel. Input lag is horrendous for such an expensive product.

I disagree. Although I don't like the wheel when using it with GT5.

Good to hear about GT Academy. 👍

Hey mate where does this gold time come from ???? gt6 have you driven gt6
It is from GT6 demo and yes I have driven it.
i'm not even gonna bother practicing if the physics are gonna be different. Could end up hurting more then helping.
It is different but doesn't take long to get used to. Only took me a lap to get used to and confident on pushing quite close to limit. It is more punishing if you get things wrong though than in GT5. Challenge is fun though and the more real it is, the better ;).

Last edited:
Right now, I'd wish I was one year older, than I am. Well, I don't even think Danes'll be to participate - like always - anyway :grumpy:.
No. I'm only 16. :(

Same here, did fairly well last year and wonder how I'll do this year. Of course... being just a year off the requirements means I won't get much out of it.

We'll have an under 18 GT Academy! We'll show them! :P

Due to NZ almost certainly being excluded once again I'm only excited about the chance to try out the new engine first hand.

Good luck to everyone else who's eligible!

Oh yea, Academy '13. This is what I've been practicing all year for. Endless hours of lap after lap after lap of practicing into the wee hours of the morning, just wating for my chance again. I can't wait to put everything I have into my dreams of becoming a finalist. I'm no alien, but I figure I have just a good of a chance as anyone else. Win, lose, or draw...I'm ready.

Can't wait for it. I always loved to compare my (pad) times with the fastest in the world. That it's using a GT6 demo makes it even more exciting.

Due to NZ almost certainly being excluded once again I'm only excited about the chance to try out the new engine first hand.

Good luck to everyone else who's eligible!

Keep your fingers crossed and hope that you're wrong!

Everyone in GTPlanet who has an interest in GT Academy already probably knows but I talked to some Nissan marketing bigwigs at the V8 Supercars in Pukekohe a number of weeks ago and said they have an interest in giving it another crack in New Zealand and Australia.

I'm so excited for gt academy!! Last year my ps3 and tv were being shipped after my move and i couldnt play lol. Hopefully ill b gettin a wheel in a week or so so i can actually compete :)

Keep your fingers crossed and hope that you're wrong!

Everyone in GTPlanet who has an interest in GT Academy already probably knows but I talked to some Nissan marketing bigwigs at the V8 Supercars in Pukekohe a number of weeks ago and said they have an interest in giving it another crack in New Zealand and Australia.

It's a nice thought, but unlikely.

I'll eat my words if I'm wrong but GT:A wont come to NZ this year, marketing folks saying they're interested in something means very little :lol:

I hate to use the same example twice but it's exactly the same as me saying "I'm interested in re-arranging my apartment", it doesn't mean it will happen 👍

I missed Top 100 last year and I only did for two days. I only had my wheel for a few months before it so everything was new. Since I'm only 15 I guess I have plenty of time to get better and faster.

This time, I'm going for a top 32 finish. Not finishing on day 2 like I did last year. I'm gonna get serious. I've also improved a lot since then. I'm hoping to give L_Harrison, the man who got into the US finals both times with a DS3, a run for his money. :sly:

Nothing against Landon, but if you're serious about getting to Silverstone, drop the pad all together. Assuming same format the top 32 to 16 tourney is extremely close unless you just pull in a few early wins. I'm a long time wheel user and have done large events like this and was on the cusp the entire time. Being a pad user doesn't earn any brownie points.

Nothing against Landon, but if you're serious about getting to Silverstone, drop the pad all together. Assuming same format the top 32 to 16 tourney is extremely close unless you just pull in a few early wins. I'm a long time wheel user and have done large events like this and was on the cusp the entire time. Being a pad user doesn't earn any brownie points.

I understand you completely. I'm not actually serious yet about Silverstone because I'm only 16. When GT6 comes out I will make a permanent switch to the wheel. I'm usually just do this for fun. :)

After reading through this, its a shame that some countries could be left out again. There are some awesome players from those countries and its a shame that those talents don't get the same chance as everyone else. It is my understanding that it is the country and its laws that prevent these countries from being able to participate in such contests. Frankly, I don't understand why any such law or whatever would exist, but I really think that each of these countries should really look into changing such laws or regulations. I really feel for those who won't be able to participate for this reason.

After reading through this, its a shame that some countries could be left out again. There are some awesome players from those countries and its a shame that those talents don't get the same chance as everyone else. It is my understanding that it is the country and its laws that prevent these countries from being able to participate in such contests. Frankly, I don't understand why any such law or whatever would exist, but I really think that each of these countries should really look into changing such laws or regulations. I really feel for those who won't be able to participate for this reason.

It's the gambling side of laws that cause it, as it's a competition and things like that get pretty complicated quite quickly! I do sort of get the laws sometimes. Like in South Korea gaming is huge. So to stop addiction to become the best, youngsters have a curfew on when they can/can't play games until a certain age. I assume it's that sort of mindset these countries have. Personally I'd love to see a global GT Academy, would be amazing to see such a competition!

But like louie_schumii has done all you can do is voice, and keep voicing out to get the point and view across (I realise it's slightly different for louie and NZ/AUS but same principal)!

As for GT Academy this year, I've been training physically all year for it, I just need to make it there and actually perform on the game without bad luck this year!! Hoping for 3rd time lucky! I am hoping for a European Finals Slot that, would be my goal as there, they can judge whether I have it or not!

I am... in one word.... HYPED :D!

So anyone wants some footage of possible qualifying event?

Well here it is ;):

More info about it on YouTube.

I also like to add on a more older build, gold time I think IIRC was 3 minutes 50 seconds and car was very hard to drive. On the newer builds it behaves a lot better but a lot less forgiving than GT5.

Saidur, any word on GT Academy in south america/Brazil this year? We´ve been waiting a long time, and Nissan is getting bigger and bigger here, it would be cool to participate on this...

Saidur, any word on GT Academy in south america/Brazil this year? We´ve been waiting a long time, and Nissan is getting bigger and bigger here, it would be cool to participate on this...
I don't know much about it, all information I know regarding which countries are getting GT Academy are from what has been announced so far publicly like anyone else on here.

It's a nice thought, but unlikely.

I'll eat my words if I'm wrong but GT:A wont come to NZ this year, marketing folks saying they're interested in something means very little :lol:

I hate to use the same example twice but it's exactly the same as me saying "I'm interested in re-arranging my apartment", it doesn't mean it will happen 👍

Maybe they're just being a little cagey about giving out information to a member of the public but I definitely got the vibe that there's a 50/50 chance of it happening (they did say the biggest factor is $$$ - bleh they've got the money for a V8 Supercar team so GT Academy can't be that bad!).

Hey guys! Just a general question, as of qualifying lap times. Is there a certain amount of lap times that we get to get our best time or just unlimited amount of laps?

Thanks! Its my first year of GT Academy this year I'm still a mid teenager but still, mind as well try it out and learn some experience! Good Luck to all GT Academy drivers!

Never have I been more glad to have a wheel :D (Apart from playing rFactor and being able to do a lap without on and off throttling but that's besides the point)

Despite me not having the most popular of wheels, I'm still hoping to put in some good times.

Hey guys! Just a general question, as of qualifying lap times. Is there a certain amount of lap times that we get to get our best time or just unlimited amount of laps?

Thanks! Its my first year of GT Academy this year I'm still a mid teenager but still, mind as well try it out and learn some experience! Good Luck to all GT Academy drivers!

Well given our first US champion was unemployed when he was doing the GT Academy, I'm sure he did a tons and tons and tons and tons upon tons of laps.

I sure wish they would limit it to 100 starts per console, yea I know there are multiple accounts on a PS3, but otherwise the 100 starts would get exploited by users making 20 accounts. Because those who have full time jobs would be able to put in an equal effort...or more even anyway.

Jerome

Back