GT Academy July 2013!!

Well don't be so aggressive then :P And congrats 👍

Thanks, keep pushing, we want two brits in the top ten! ;) 👍

Just to have an idea of the effort in to this, how many laps/hours would you say you do a day?

Depends, some days I've done none, some days if I was feeling too tired I just did a few laps to keep my eye in, when I feel good I might do 9 hours or more in a day, split up into 2 or 3 sessions 👍

Depends, some days I've done none, some days if I was feeling too tired I just did a few laps to keep my eye in, when I feel good I might do 9 hours or more in a day, split up into 2 or 3 sessions 👍

Well, that´s commitement right there:tup:
Just have my first long session (5 hours) yesterday down to a 18.213, but it´s not easy, after a long day of work:grumpy:, find the motivation to be seated in the sofa sweating like a pig :yuck:(it´s 36º here) 5 hours straits.

But as someone said: "no pain no glory"

Well, that´s commitement right there:tup:
Just have my first long session (5 hours) yesterday down to a 18.213, but it´s not easy, after a long day of work:grumpy:, find the motivation to be seated in the sofa sweating like a pig :yuck:(it´s 36º here) 5 hours straits.

But as someone said: "no pain no glory"

Absolutely 👍 It's 28ºC here and I'm feeling it! If you feel you're loosing focus it is a good idea to at least take a small break, you have to be concentrated and relaxed to set your fastest time 👍

Thanks, keep pushing, we want two brits in the top ten! ;) 👍

I need to get my finger out I was pleased I d run 2 hours today :ouch:

anyone going to goodwood?

Absolutely 👍 It's 28ºC here and I'm feeling it! If you feel you're loosing focus it is a good idea to at least take a small break, you have to be concentrated and relaxed to set your fastest time 👍

I am only 2 mins from the beach and I am indoors playing gt5:tup:

Last edited by a moderator:
The track boundaries here are stupid one corner you can have two wheels completely over the kerb and its fine next corner you can have slight oversteer and rear drifts on to the kerb and its a red lap sort it out PD

Hand braking to get in the turn?..:irked: Always taking advantage of a flaw. I got into the mid 19's with out getting the car to slide. Anyone using a clutch?

The track boundaries here are stupid one corner you can have two wheels completely over the kerb and its fine next corner you can have slight oversteer and rear drifts on to the kerb and its a red lap sort it out PD
It's a demo man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enzo (REsuperG_) just passed Ti-tech for the lead and IMMORTAL is closing in. I'm expecting someone to pull out a 16.6 very soon. :eek:

Edit: Tree'd :P

Anyone using a clutch?

Clutch is disabled for the TT I think.

Hand braking to get in the turn?..:irked: Always taking advantage of a flaw. I got into the mid 19's with out getting the car to slide. Anyone using a clutch?

Well we're just playing the game and using the tools PD give us. If those tools create unrealistic driving, it's hardly our fault, annoying yes, but were not the ones making the game.

Enzo (REsuperG_) just passed Ti-tech for the lead and IMMORTAL is closing in. I'm expecting someone to pull out a 16.6 very soon. :eek:

16.6 is definitely possible 👍 We must be getting close to the limit though since Ti-tech hasn't immediately responded! :lol:

In the brief 40 minutes I've had tonight I was on it like a car bonnet as they say! So annoyed with my self again! Must be something in the air with everyone improving! I certainly felt alive and with it tonight that's for sure!

Well we're just playing the game and using the tools PD give us. If those tools create unrealistic driving, it's hardly our fault, annoying yes, but were not the ones making the game.
Then it's a good thing for the drivers to show the faults. Plus some are forgetting it's a demo.
I just hope who ever makes it to the finals will be able to keep up the same speed. We've seen in the pass the fast is not granted the seat.

Then it's a good thing for the drivers to show the faults. Plus some are forgetting it's a demo.
I just hope who ever makes it to the finals will be able to keep up the same speed. We've seen in the pass the fast is not granted the seat.

Yes it may be a DEMO but pd are using it as the GT academy qualifier so a bit of consistency on track boundaries and driving physics is not to much to expect

Yes it may be a DEMO but pd are using it as the GT academy qualifier so a bit of consistency on track boundaries and driving physics is not to much to expect

I think the rule is, you touch the grass you get DQ'ed, the places without grass is two wheels on the white line to be legal.

I think the rule is, you touch the grass you get DQ'ed, the places without grass is two wheels on the white line to be legal.

Maybe but on first sector on right left flick I've had inside wheels on grass its fine then come to the right hander and run inside wheel on kerb and its red lapped its same story and becketts and final chicane

Maybe but on first sector on right left flick I've had inside wheels on grass its fine then come to the right hander and run inside wheel on kerb and its red lapped its same story and becketts and final chicane

I haven't had a time red lapped once for running my inside wheel on a kerb, maybe you're running very slightly over the kerbs? Granted I haven't tested the exact boundaries for each corner, but I found them to be fairly consistent, at least on the line I've been taking, I'd imagine you're taking a slightly different line, and hitting the corners in different places.

16.6 is more than possible, Ti-Tech has now done a 16.5
He is a proper alien. In less than 30 minutes he has posted a .723, .677 and now .516

Anyway he managed to do .5, close to .4 thing I said earlier today: Link

Question is can he do .3XX like 2011.

It blows my mind that titech is on 16.5 but an 18.3 still gets you into the U.S finals. Just goes to show how freaking incredibly fast he is.

2.16.5 is amazingly quick Im struggling to brake into the 18s lol, Its amazing how much motivation he has even though he can't go to silverstone anymore

2.16.5 is amazingly quick Im struggling to brake into the 18s lol, Its amazing how much motivation he has even though he can't go to silverstone anymore

Use the flaws like the top runners and you may get into the 18's. I broke the 18's before I leaving for work. Done without using the flaws or hand breaking to get the nose of the car pointed. These times are just made lol.

Are you not eligible to go to silverstone if youve been there before for any GT event? i.e GT Academy Challenge in January or any national GT Academies? If thats the case then most of the top 100 wont be eligible lol

Maybe someone with the right information can make a new thread comprised of previous US GT:A finalists who are competing again this year along with anyone who is under-aged and/or out of the country. For example my Brazilian buddy FastJ isn't eligible since he isn't in the US :(

Jerome

Use the flaws like the top runners and you may get into the 18's. I broke the 18's before I leaving for work. Done without using the flaws or hand breaking to get the nose of the car pointed. These times are just made lol.

What do you mean by flaws?

Are you not eligible to go to silverstone if youve been there before for any GT event? i.e GT Academy Challenge in January or any national GT Academies? If thats the case then most of the top 100 wont be eligible lol

I think its only previous finalists that made it to silverstone, not the ones who won the special day at silverston. I think Titech was with wolfgangs group if im not mistaken

Maybe someone with the right information can make a new thread comprised of previous US GT:A finalists who are competing again this year along with anyone who is under-aged and/or out of the country. For example my Brazilian buddy FastJ isn't eligible since he isn't in the US :(

Jerome

I was just thinking that. Possibly have a master list of people that aren't eligible.

Also, what makes you ineligible when it comes to previous finalists. Is it the whole lot of 32 that aren't eligible, or is it just the top 16 that ACTUALLY go to race camp?

Back