GT Academy July 2013!!

I was just thinking that. Possibly have a master list of people that aren't eligible.

Also, what makes you ineligible when it comes to previous finalists. Is it the whole lot of 32 that aren't eligible, or is it just the top 16 that ACTUALLY go to race camp?

Just the race camp at silverstone

What do you mean by flaws?

For one the tire and handling flaw. From the info that Kaz gave about the tires and handling the tires should be breaking lose with the way these guys are pushing but there not. The brakes seems to grab funny and in trail braking if it done wrong the abs really kicks in, a little to much. Plus you can still slide the car around in GT5 and the use of the e-brake in the in TT in a major flaw. We can't use a clutch but the e-brake can be used. ( What's up with that?)

guys, can someone give me some advice on copse corner? Like the braking point and when to turn in. If i can nail that turn ill make a UK top 10, im currently losing 0.3 on that turn, which of course due to the lack of speed on exit adds another couple tenths lost time by the time i come to maggots. its driving me mad, i simply cannot get copse right!

guys, can someone give me some advice on copse corner? Like the braking point and when to turn in. If i can nail that turn ill make a UK top 10, im currently losing 0.3 on that turn, which of course due to the lack of speed on exit adds another couple tenths lost time by the time i come to maggots. its driving me mad, i simply cannot get copse right!

Try trail braking, it helped me pick up a half second there.

Last edited:
I did one lap and quit because my wheel and pedals are setup to far from the tv for me. I'm absolutely blind going into Abbey and Brooklands. I completely miss my braking zone going into Copse and I have no braking point for the rest of the track.

I decided today that I WAS going to get under 34 seconds on Practice 1, as I really needed to improve in that sector, and after much time and effort I managed a 33.976 for 55th in the world. :)

Hopefully, with my new-found speed in sector 1, I can finally break into the 2:17s on the full lap.
flipping out on practice 1 ...anyone else flipped..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMpoiRvpUK8&feature=youtu.be

Wow. There have been a couple of times where I touched a kerb and bounced off it as if it was a wall, but this is something else. I bet it gave the driver a fair shock...

Sure thing :)!

As your driving along on the left when you get to where you should be braking you'll notice on the right there's a colour transition in the barrier, from white to red. If you brake a few metres before that and just roll in initially you should be able to then accelerate out. A wider line can be a safer line but lose a tiny bit where as a tighter line in brings the risk of running wide and invalidating on exit.

A target speed for your exit (As entrance speed doesn't matter here it can vary massively) is 103mph when you see the green tarmac bit, further on in the exit kerbing.

Hope this helps :)!

Tidgney
Sure thing :)!

As your driving along on the left when you get to where you should be braking you'll notice on the right there's a colour transition in the barrier, from white to red. If you brake a few metres before that and just roll in initially you should be able to then accelerate out. A wider line can be a safer line but lose a tiny bit where as a tighter line in brings the risk of running wide and invalidating on exit.

A target speed for your exit (As entrance speed doesn't matter here it can vary massively) is 103mph when you see the green tarmac bit, further on in the exit kerbing.

Hope this helps :)!

Wicked I'll give that a try at some point, I may not be on for a few days now though.

What do you reckon the cut off time for the UK will be? I am aiming for a 17.6. Not bad for someone who's been playing gran turisno for 6months lol. Only had a wheel for 3 of them months.

Aww man, this is how driving in GT6 should be like and not what it currently!

The only drifting this guy does is when he goes in slightly too fast and the rear breaks away so he's just making corrections not intentionally trying to drift it.

I agree with you Inquisitor03 on the measures that some of the people are taking just to get a fast time. They're doing everything with in the game to get the fastest time as possible so they can get to the finials. If I remember correctly some or the same sliding and use of the e-brake where used in the last GT Academy and the one before I believe. Those guys where mad fast in the VR time trails but once they got to the real track they didn't perform as well. The one thing I've noticed about the past champs 95% of them have had real track time, either in solo, cup cars or testing. There has only been one true VR driver to make it and that was Jann.

My opinion these techniques that these top runners are using may or may not hurt them in the long run if they do make it to the track. I've improved my time over three seconds with out sliding the car into the turn or using the e-brake to get the rear of the car around to pint the nose of the car into the turn. If one of these guys have had any real seat time they'll win.

Ti-tech is a monster.

I'm telling you guys, 15s will be had, like I said last week.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cutoff for the US becomes a 17.3 and 17.0 for the UK.

btw, I welcome you guys to give a listen to the latest episode of my podcast linked in my signature, we talked quite a lot of GT Academy on the latest episode.

Small improvement so far. Down to 2:17.521. I feel like I can get a 17.3 or .2 soon.

Meant to post this on the U.S thread. :lol:

Ti-tech is a monster.

I'm telling you guys, 15s will be had, like I said last week.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cutoff for the US becomes a 17.3 and 17.0 for the UK.

btw, I welcome you guys to give a listen to the latest episode of my podcast linked in my signature, we talked quite a lot of GT Academy on the latest episode.

I know there is a lot of time left. But I'm convinced the cutoff will be around the 17.6 or 7 mark

Going to see if I can get into the 18 sometime tonight. Time to put in the plugs and blast the sound to get in the zone.

For one the tire and handling flaw. From the info that Kaz gave about the tires and handling the tires should be breaking lose with the way these guys are pushing but there not. The brakes seems to grab funny and in trail braking if it done wrong the abs really kicks in, a little to much. Plus you can still slide the car around in GT5 and the use of the e-brake in the in TT in a major flaw. We can't use a clutch but the e-brake can be used. ( What's up with that?)

Ahh yeah that sucks personally I prefer a smoother approach. At corner 1 I trail brake and still manage 100 there so I'm not loosing too much. At the loop I use the hand brake on the second part cause the bloody thing won't turn. I drove a track day and it was a lot easier to turn the car than in this game.
I think 18s can be achieved with smoothness and little sliding I almost got one yesterday but out braked myself into stow and lost it at the final chicane and dropped about 3 tenths so it's def doable. I think with fines a 17.8 can be had with little sliding as well but you have to be inch perfect no missed apexes etc.

F'd up a 2:18.8 lap on the 2nd last corner and that was with little sliding, but at least I can do a 2:20.00 easy as now, so if I was to get in at least Nissan wouldn't hate me for using a set of tyres every 2 laps.

Well, Ti-tech certainly has thrown down the gauntlet now, I haven't watched his lap yet but I imagine he hasn't left much more than half a tenth out on track, that will be a hard time to match!

Stuck in the mid 19s then every now and then il get a good first two sectors and be 7 tenths up and throw it away at Stowe and chicane any advice would be helpful looking at the replays of top guys I just can't chuck it in like you can so losing handfuls of time

Stuck in the mid 19s then every now and then il get a good first two sectors and be 7 tenths up and throw it away at Stowe and chicane any advice would be helpful looking at the replays of top guys I just can't chuck it in like you can so losing handfuls of time

I threw a lap away at stowe as well. But basically I'm braking moments after the sign while turning in and downshifting slowly to keep the back end stable then I get back on power on 3rd, its a wide corner and you really don't have to make the apex I think.

Im in the mid 19s as well hopefully I can improve today.

I threw a lap away at stowe as well. But basically I'm braking moments after the sign while turning in and downshifting slowly to keep the back end stable then I get back on power on 3rd, its a wide corner and you really don't have to make the apex I think.

Im in the mid 19s as well hopefully I can improve today.

I'm the same as you guys. :) My current time is a 2'19.484 but I've been up by between 4 and 5 tenths a couple of times only to throw it away near the end. It's a hard track to get it all together for me. :ouch:

What do you reckon the cut off time for the UK will be? I am aiming for a 17.6. Not bad for someone who's been playing gran turisno for 6months lol. Only had a wheel for 3 of them months.

Drastic cut off for the UK I can imagine being between 17.5-17.7 so a 17.6 will be right on the cusp I think, so just keep pushing! I don't feel safe currently on a 17.5 I personally will feel safe with around a 17.2.

Back