Geoffrey Belloeil (France)
Michele Radicioni (Italy)
Shane Ward (UK) :(
Daniel Aparicio (Iberia)
Mario Gankema (Benelux)
Milan Pokrajac (Nordics)
Martin Hudy (CEE) :(
Tough luck, guys. :(

Wait, Tidgney is still in the finals?! If he isn't eliminated, I'm still cheering for ya, regardless and the others! :D

:ouch: That huge list of drivers, man this is tough. I feel sorry to the other guys who didn't make it :(.

Hey guys. For myself the system is skull cracking frustrating. I was eliminated after 1 timed lap on the national track. I wanted it too much maybe, being too cautious to avoid a spin and certain elimination. I thought my lap was sound though, and I was told that I was in the bottom three. The second challenge was stock car racing, won the first race, moved up a position in the second race, they were short races. They wanted to see me bring speed, I did, and I was kicked out. No tuition of anykind was given, nobody from any country should train for a month to be kicked out in a day, it's far too little information for the judges to make an informed decision, we deserved more than that.

The elimination of the second British contestant was absolutely brutal.

Thanks for all the support guys, we have been doing some driving experiences since and I've had a great time with them. 0.4-0.5 of a second off Wolfgang's simulator time after jumping in for 10 minutes is an achievement for me and the rallying instructor told me I'm faster than some of the instructors they have at Silverstone, which gives me confidence in my own ability :-)

Last edited:
Tough break Shane, thanks for coming on and letting us know what's up, really appreciate that, truly.

I had a similar experience, being one of the first out, you're not told why exactly, you have a feeling as to why, sure, but not getting the feedback really adds insult to injury. It does seem like a waste at the moment, but you'll feel better once you see how awesome the evictee activities are and how far they go, more laidback and you can ask for all kinds of feedback from the instructors. It'll be very worth it in the end, make sure to get contacts too!

btw, here's the full list of the second round of eliminations on day 3:

Day 3 eliminated competitors: Arnaud de Crepy (France), Michele Radicioni (Italy), Martin Hefferon (UK), Francisco Pereira (Iberia), Nicola Saponari (Benelux), Timo Koskela (Nordics), Daniel Sinka (CEE)

Sorry to hear about Timo :(

Look at us talking like they're dead xD.
Sad, but I'm sure he's having fun and holding his head high of the experience :). Great job Timo, you went far.

Two more GTPlanet members eliminated on Day 3 :(

And Arnaud, for that matter. I don't know if Michele, Nicola, Francisco and Daniel are GTPers because I forgot to note the real names of the French, Spanish, BeNeLux and Central Europe GTPers. D'oh.

Wardez
Tough break Shane, thanks for coming on and letting us know what's up, really appreciate that, truly.

I had a similar experience, being one of the first out, you're not told why exactly, you have a feeling as to why, sure, but not getting the feedback really adds insult to injury. It does seem like a waste at the moment, but you'll feel better once you see how awesome the evictee activities are and how far they go, more laidback and you can ask for all kinds of feedback from the instructors. It'll be very worth it in the end, make sure to get contacts too!

btw, here's the full list of the second round of eliminations on day 3:

Sorry to hear about Timo :(

Look at us talking like they're dead xD.
Sad, but I'm sure he's having fun and holding his head high of the experience :). Great job Timo, you went far.

Yh absolutely. The experiences they have put on have been great. Really privileged to have been allowed in the simulator and the rallying was excellent.

What's done is done, more feedback and an explanation would have been great. I would have loved more time in car to show what I'm capable of but the judges have a hard decision very early on and I didn't get the right side of that decision.

The feedback I've received from instructors in the events they have organised since has been great and I'll leave with confidence when the week is over.

On a good note, Team GB look strong, I wouldn't want to be facing the Team GB champion in the final race! ;-)

On the bright side, you didn't have to do the traditionally post-deluge SAS assault course today. That looked... "fun".

Just noticed now, on both eliminations(day 1 and day 3), there must be a mistake with the eliminated italian contestant as the same name shows up on both:sly:

Just noticed now, on both eliminations(day 1 and day 3), there must be a mistake with the eliminated italian contestant as the same name shows up on both:sly:
Yep, day 3 Italian elimination was Alessandro Zedda, an error confirmed by GT Academy's Twitter.

Out on day 5, 4th in uk, gutted, has been a great experience, ups and downs, didn't quite produce how I know I can and would have liked, managed to beat an instructors time on one day and then not produce on others,
However, has been an amazing experience, have been looked after really well. Had tuition and driven some great cars,
Finally shoot-out was the juke nismo at Stowe circuit, came off second best to Adam suswillo, couldn't quite get it together, best man won,
Good luck to final 3 uk guys, all great guys, very fast and the winner from the uk has a great chance of winning overall I think

No worries, we all know TRC guys are masochistic.

Anyway, here's today's evictees:
Day 5 eliminated competitors: Joel Cincinnatus (France), Egeo Garofalo (Italy), Mark Ridout (UK), Oscar Ruiz (Spain), Bart Jansen (Benelux), Jesper Pedersen (Nordics), Pawel Ledwon (CEE)

https://www.facebook.com/notes/gt-academy/day-5-race-camp-report/10152302948188504

lmao, found this picture in the GTA Flickr and couldn't resist:
ucHdiDJ.png

SVvpsfA.png

btw, anyone know who the girl and guy mentors beside Jann, Alex, and Johnny are?

Last edited:
Congratulations to Adam Suswillo for being 2013's British GT Academy champion!

I'm overwhelmed. I'm so happy he could use everything that he was given and translate it into this victory, now all he needs to do is beat 6 other European champions in the sanctioned race here and we'll find our winner!

Although, if things are the same this year, this isn't a winner takes all race, they evaluate everything once the race is finished, so even the winner of this final showdown isn't guaranteed the drive for Nissan. I guess it's all about displaying tact, skill, and instruction.

Can't wait to see how it plays out!

WrtIrwa.png

Filip's the Nordic champ! Congrats!

It'll be HaB vs PURE on track again xD.

Here's all 7 guys competing today for the chance to become champ!

JN3mnrR.png

Filip's the Nordic champ! Congrats!

It'll be HaB vs PURE on track again xD.

Here's all 7 guys competing today for the chance to become champ!

JN3mnrR.png

WOW! So big congratulations to all top 6! But most congrats to FILIP! That is so impressive! And hopefully he wins it all and shows GT Academy that Sweden got some of the best and will continue to have Nordic countrys for future GT Academy! We have a 3rd place 2008(last time we where in GT Academy with Chris Midmark) And Now Filip top 6! Amazing stuff, it is so great!

Go filip! GO!!

Go Aderrrm! Well done to the all 7 who made it and commiserations to others who missed out. May the best driver win.

Good to see Erik up there, Red Bull will probably be surprised to see their professional gamer now fighting for chance to become professional race car driver.

Edit: Looks like Petr Dolezal was winner in territory so Wardez your image of the top 7 guys needs to changing slightly. Heard that Erik raced against Wolfgang Reip though. Will be intersting to see if he manages to secure Red Bull sponsorship for real life racing instead of just racing games like Trackmania.

Last edited:
Well done guys does anyone know what the real racing cv's of the final 7 look like? They did ask at the National Finals but its not on the web site

Karts v Autocross v Track days v Sim driving Who win's 2013 👍

Qualifying results - "It's Larsson, Faisca, Bouteloup, Nguyen, Dolezal, Delva and Suswillo in that order - the gap is only about 0.3 between them all"

Apparently there is two races and the top two from each go through?

EDIT: It appears the race is being held on the National circuit, hence how close the lap times are.

Last edited:
It looks like that will be the case, so there will be only four to take part in final race. Don't know how fair it is the way they are doing it.

Anyway looks like Adam has got it all to do. Racing is his big strength in virtual world, hope it shines through in real world.

GTPlanet - "Final race lines up as Delva from Faisca, Larsson and Suswillo. It's not win or bust, but this result will count BIG"

Back