GT Academy Prize Car Seasonal

Just tried the TT for the first time. Got gold by 5 seconds on my 3rd trip around. Here is my tune.
Take all engine performance parts off. Limiter at 90.0% 370HP 1365kg. 513PP
Aero 15/35 Ballast 200/-50 LSD 30/55/55
RH -16/-16 SR 11.8/13.0 Ext. 9/5 Comp. 7/3 ARB 7/7
Camber 2.3/2.7 Toe -0.08/0.06 Brakes 9/5
Trans like this. FG all the way right. TS all the way left. Gear ratios as follows
1st 2.561 2nd 1.954 3rd 1.541 4th 1.291 5th 1.115
6th 0.983 Adjust FG to 3.470. Should give you a top speed at top right of 172mph.
I am no longer sharing cars on my GTP account as I'm now only using that account for WRS events so please do not send fr there. Thanks and hope this helps those of you who are struggling with this TT or otherwise just want to improve. Peace.

Last edited:
Just tried the TT for the first time. Got gold by 5 seconds on my 3rd trip around. Here is my tune.
Take all engine performance parts off. Limiter at 90.0% 370HP 1365kg. 513PP
Aero 15/35 Ballast 200/-50 LSD 30/55/55
RH -16/-16 SR 11.8/13.0 Ext. 9/5 Comp. 7/3 ARB 7/7
Camber 2.3/2.7 Toe -0.08/0.06 Brakes 9/5
Trans like this. FG all the way right. TS all the way left. Gear ratios as follows
1st 2.561 2nd 1.54 3rd 1.541 4th 1.291 5th 1.115
6th 0.983 Adjust FG to 3.470. Should give you a top speed at top right of 172mph.
I am no longer sharing cars on my GTP account as I'm now only using that account for WRS events so please do not send fr there. Thanks and hope this helps those of you who are struggling with this TT or otherwise just want to improve. Peace.

You sure about the gearing? I am unable to hit 2nd at all, might be a typo here. 1st, 3rd and 4th I can hit but not 5th(1.108) or 6th(.945). Numbers in parentheses are the highest I can make that gear go.

No HP mods have ever been done to this car, except the oil has been changed.

Ok bout to run the tune based on CargoRat's. My best so far is with lldantell's tune of a 7:51.734. Not to sure if I'm in any kind of shape to try this tonight since I've been sick, but will take it for a spin and let you know how it turns out. If I don't gold it tonight it, will be my mission tomorrow to run it til it's done.

Last edited:
You sure about the gearing? I am unable to hit 2nd at all, might be a typo here. 1st, 3rd and 4th I can hit but not 5th(1.108) or 6th(.945). Numbers in parentheses are the highest I can make that gear go.

No HP mods have ever been done to this car, except the oil has been changed.

Sorry, kinda mixed things up a bit. (gonna blame it on the medicated brownie I ate, lol.) This is what they should be.
112mph.
Same instructions as above (tranny trick) on how to set. Sorry about the error.

Sorry, kinda mixed things up a bit. (gonna blame it on the medicated brownie I ate, lol.) This is what they should be.
112mph.
Same instructions as above (tranny trick) on how to set. Sorry about the error.

Ok that fixes the 2nd gear part. I still won't be able to hit those values for 5th and 6th since after the tranny trick the slider for each gear won't go that high. Did you adjust these after you had some power mods on it?

Ok that fixes the 2nd gear part. I still won't be able to hit those values for 5th and 6th since after the tranny trick the slider for each gear won't go that high. Did you adjust these after you had some power mods on it?

No. I took all power modes off then adjusted the trans. I don't remember if I changed the oil or not tho as that will also make a difference. Are your HP and power limiter settings matching mine?

I tried Dante's tune but the best I've managed to do in the race so far is 6th place. I find the rear end slides out on my all the time if I take the corners too fast or try and exit too fast. I'm not sure I'll be able to adapt my style to win these in time for Friday, as I've started working again so real life will get in the way. Either way, thanks Dante, the first time I tried this thing stock I couldn't even keep it on the track long enough to catch the rear of the pack.
Any suggestions for what I could change to this tune in order to suit my more aggressive style?

I tried Dante's tune but the best I've managed to do in the race so far is 6th place. I find the rear end slides out on my all the time if I take the corners too fast or try and exit too fast. I'm not sure I'll be able to adapt my style to win these in time for Friday, as I've started working again so real life will get in the way. Either way, thanks Dante, the first time I tried this thing stock I couldn't even keep it on the track long enough to catch the rear of the pack.
Any suggestions for what I could change to this tune in order to suit my more aggressive style?

You could try my suspension and LSD settings that I have posted above. Not sure how good it will do at full power tho. You might have to adjust the LSD settings. I use the default tune to win the race with a LSD tweak. Don't remember what it was but I think I posted it here a page or two back.

My post from earlier.
Well, after 3 days of playing around with the race part of this and winning several times, I got my time down to 7:28.678, no aids except ABS 1 as usual. Tune was stock except for the LSD which was 30/55/45. Oh, and used the tranny trick for the trans settings. Those numbers are:
1st 2.659
2nd 2.027
3rd 1.587
4th 1.332
5th 1.147
6th 1.020
FG 3.029
TS 112 Top speed at top should be 198mph

Thanks I'll give that a try tomorrow, I should have been in bed an hour ago, lol. Stupid GT5 keeping me up late.

No. I took all power modes off then adjusted the trans. I don't remember if I changed the oil or not tho as that will also make a difference. Are your HP and power limiter settings matching mine?

Hmm. It would appear you did some weight reduction to the car which forced you to power limit and run the ballast up to 200. Power Limiter at 100% and is at 381HP with weight at 1428. Did you run the power limiter down before or after you set the tranny?

Will probably try it the way it is for now. Set 2nd to your spec but had to adjust final to 3.474 to get the Top Speed to edge down to 172mph. The differences aren't that large in any case. I have a feeling your suspension setup will account for more than the tranny setting. Will find out tomorrow. Ran some spec racing tonight instead.

Thanks for sharing! 👍

Hmm. It would appear you did some weight reduction to the car which forced you to power limit and run the ballast up to 200. Power Limiter at 100% and is at 381HP with weight at 1428. Did you run the power limiter down before or after you set the tranny?

Will probably try it the way it is for now. Set 2nd to your spec but had to adjust final to 3.474 to get the Top Speed to edge down to 172mph. The differences aren't that large in any case. I have a feeling your suspension setup will account for more than the tranny setting. Will find out tomorrow. Ran some spec racing tonight instead.

Thanks for sharing! 👍

Yes, I did weight reduction which I apologise for forgetting to mention. And yea, as long as your top speed is the same, it shouldn't make that much difference. While tuning, I found that it was the LSD setting that was key to the tune. Adjusting it towards the low end of the spectrum made the car worse. At any rate, good luck and hope it helps.

CargoRat do you have the car on share, I really want to avoid doing any permanent tweaks to it like weight reduction

Well, I'm a bit stubborn about this point. Under the conditions of a track having a long enough straight to do it, if the car is hitting the "chip" in its highest gear, something isn't right. I respectfully disagree with you about it not being important in relation to better drive out of corners. There are many more variables to take into account for how fast you get up to speed coming out of a turn. Most of those variables are driver related, if my experiences in gt5 spec racing are used.

All conditions being equal--which is a given as we are talking merely about lowering the gear ratio here--lower gear ratio will grant you greater acceleration. There's really no room for disagreement. It's axiomatic: You have to slow down for corners and you have to accelerate out of them.

If we were taking about some other track, you might be onto something, but not when there's 7:48 of driving to be done. It's not as though the part of the straight where the gear runs out is 25% of the track.

Edit:

Help, help, please help :nervous:
I want to do RACE without engine upgrade or weight reduction.
I need good setup. I'm trying lldantell setup without upgrades and I'm only 2nd :-(
Can you help me BWX or anyone?

It might not be much help, but I just wanted to add that I used the lldantell tune with reversible upgrades only. Active Steering on "Strong" is also what the top drivers in the original Round 8 with this car used, and for the TT, I lowered the Final Gear from lldantell's setting to give me a top speed of 254km/h on the final straight. Perhaps I'll find my actual gear ratios an put it in here.

2nd Edit:

I used lldantell's transmission and then changed the Final Gear to 3.467. Despite what the Max Speed says, it gave me a top speed of 254km/h on the final straight of the TT and I hit that three times before, on, and over the hill.

Last edited:
I just have to say this is soooo much fun. The game is nearly 2 years old and still we get challenged and entertained. I can just imagine the number of spontaneous smiles which erupted around the globe as we saw the Ring come up as a time trial. Hitting 2000th place in a tt makes me real chuffed (my best yet, on the ring!) - a year ago I was very happy to be within the top 10000. Keep it coming Polyphony.

👍👍

I just have to say this is soooo much fun. The game is nearly 2 years old and still we get challenged and entertained. I can just imagine the number of spontaneous smiles which erupted around the globe as we saw the Ring come up as a time trial. Hitting 2000th place in a tt makes me real chuffed (my best yet, on the ring!) - a year ago I was very happy to be within the top 10000. Keep it coming Polyphony.

PS: Thanks for all the Tunes in every TT....I'm the badest tuner ever, i never made a good tune....

for example TT Miata Tsukuba....made 100 tries, get a 1.10.3xx, put a tune from the forum on it, 2 rounds 1.09.5xx (about 200th)....

CargoRat do you have the car on share, I really want to avoid doing any permanent tweaks to it like weight reduction

No, I don't. I stopped sharing my cars because I was getting daily messages on my account from people complaining about how the car was being shared. (No permanent engine mods or weight reduction, some even wanted me to sit there and put thousands of miles on the car to get the oil at its dirtiest) Just got tired of dealing with all of the complaining. Much less drama if I just list my tune for people. Anyways, this car happens to have weight reduction which won't help you anyway if your looking for it without.

that's a shame! to bad that people couldn't just be grateful that you shared them, period!

I was very grateful!!! too bad some people spoil it for others?

All conditions being equal--which is a given as we are talking merely about lowering the gear ratio here--lower gear ratio will grant you greater acceleration. There's really no room for disagreement. It's axiomatic: You have to slow down for corners and you have to accelerate out of them.

If we were taking about some other track, you might be onto something, but not when there's 7:48 of driving to be done. It's not as though the part of the straight where the gear runs out is 25% of the track.

Edit:

It might not be much help, but I just wanted to add that I used the lldantell tune with reversible upgrades only. Active Steering on "Strong" is also what the top drivers in the original Round 8 with this car used, and for the TT, I lowered the Final Gear from lldantell's setting to give me a top speed of 254km/h on the final straight. Perhaps I'll find my actual gear ratios an put it in here.

2nd Edit:

I used lldantell's transmission and then changed the Final Gear to 3.467. Despite what the Max Speed says, it gave me a top speed of 254km/h on the final straight of the TT and I hit that three times before, on, and over the hill.

Time Trial is a peace of cake. I need setup for race :-) - for the 1st challenge!
I used lldantell's and I was only 2nd :-(

Well that's taking in account all else being equal and in my case it's not. It doesn't take much skill to mash the gas to the floor and steer it down a long flat straight. The rest of the course is full of challenges in an area I sadly lack great skill in. I understand there is much time to be made up in every other area on the ring. But, since my braking, steering and acceleration skills are, to put it gently, less than stellar, I really do need as much top speed as I can eek out of any car to make up for that lack, even if it's less than 25% of the track. I do not disagree that lower gearing makes for quicker acceleration and have been subscribing to a couple expert tuners philosophy in this regard. Tuning however, can only make up so much, to compensate for poor driving skills.

The proof is in the pudding in any event. I've put down faster laps without that car hitting the rev limiter, than I have when it does.

About to go try CargoRat's tune and see what I can do with it.

Finally tonight I has golded the race with 7:30.
I has tried once the TT but sucks badly with 7:50 :P hahaha lots to improve I guess

I watched Ti-Tech85's lap and it looks a bit scruffy in places, He'll probably take the lead if he has another go. I don't know how he doesn't crash when he's flicking the car around with the throttle and the brakes on at the same time, I found this video a few days ago and thought I would share it. :) Amo appears to be ahead of Eclipsi until the last corner.

Just got gold!!!!! Finally!!!! 145.638
I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do it. Practice, practice, practice! Finding every curb I could find to find time. Tried any setup I could find, and variations to make it work for me.
lldantell's setup did it for me(mostly). I used a DS3.
Only weight reduction, Sports Exhaust, Clutch, Flywheel, LSD, Carbon and Adj. suspension.
Power 344, Weight 1221, PP 513
Downforce 15/31
Weight Adjustment
56kg
+50
With no Engine updates. Trans. gears same as lldantell's but 4th through 6th. All the way to the right. Final Gear 3.253.
If helps someone who is still struggling. This is just another adaption of lldantell's that got me the gold.
Thank You lldantell for posting your settings throughout these Academy Seasonal's.

I've never paid to be this frustrated.

Got a 7:51.7xx for ghost, be up by 3.5-4.5 sec, on time for gold and then somewhere after the 4.5 min mark I stick a tire off into the grass and into the red I slide. One lap I was in those sweepers at the end of long straight. Came very close to smashing my wheel. Aaaaagh!

Just gotta keep it together for one 🤬 🤬 lap.

Just breath, Dragon. Lol

Work through it. You'll be a better driver after the experience. Pushing past a block can be rough and frustrating but it's rewarding at the end.

Take a break between laps, even if it's just for 30 seconds. Get up, stretch, shake it off. Then get back at it.

Got a 7:51.7xx for ghost, be up by 3.5-4.5 sec, on time for gold and then somewhere after the 4.5 min mark I stick a tire off into the grass and into the red I slide. One lap I was in those sweepers at the end of long straight. Came very close to smashing my wheel. Aaaaagh!

Yes, relax. When you're all tensed up, mistakes will inevitability happen. You gotta go in with a positive yet relaxed mindset. Become one with the track. I actually lean in my seat with each curve and bend of the track, jusst like a delecate dance. Sounds silly, but it has actually helped me alot. Keep trying, you'll get it.

Used Dantes tune. Well the LSD/ Suspension bit.

First go at the TT and I was looking good (Well it felt good) right until Galgenkoph when I dipepd into the bag of talent and ran wide (On the first bit of the corner - double eedjet) one wheel became both left side wheels became all four wheels and a red time...

To top it all the dramatic pause you get crossing the line meant I promptly scrubbed my next lap going red at Turn 1.

I then quit... to save the replay - as the time would have been Gold - but for the run off (Which cost me more time)
Saving a red lap - but you can't use that as a ghost (Or maybe you can... )
Unable to select that bad lap as a ghost - I used a 8'44 I ran in a GTR some time ago - not sure why I saved the replay - but a few seconds faster than gold would make for a nice rabbit to chase after...

Well the next attampt in the 370Z Tuned went well, I was beating the ghost - which I knew was 4 seconds better than Gold - All good.

SExcpet my ghost was driven by me fooling about, sideways drifts, oddball avoid the apex lines. And the big Red GTR was much more of an annoyance than any help - other than me thinking "This bozo beat the gold by 4 seconds... All I have to do is match the pace.

Certain points I was ahead of this ghost but it powered past on the fast uphill bit after ExMuhle... Still I was neck and neck and chose to drive with a bit of caution for the final section, and over the line. Gold in the bag.

Good Luck to all who are trying to Gold this. The trick is to know Nurburgring - And the easy way to do that is to put down a few miles...

Wonder what the next Nissan car will be sent to us all?

I bloody hope I'm a better driver after this. I take a 10-20 min break every 45 min or so.

Think I'll take an extended break now, otherwise known as a nap. Not much time left for this and I still have to do that race and practice for 2 spec series races this weekend. Startin' ta hate on PD and their bedamned GTA seasonals.

Will check back in later.

Oh man, know the feeling! Taking breaks like everybody said really helps. I did that the other day, laid down, closed my eyes...then couldn't get that freakin' track out of my mind!

I've only done about 6 full laps because I kept getting up by a second or so then would have a fail on the later sectors. Maintaining momentum is extremely crucial. Make sure to carry as much speed as possible entering an uphill section. Most braking points are earlier than expected too. Good luck.

Back